David Dunn is a football genius.

All is well;

'There wasn't much missing other than goals' #OAFC's Dunn satisfied despite loss

I was thinking about this, among other things other than the game itself, today and - Dunn's dived straight into this backing your players no matter what bollocks without having them earned such backing first.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another point - this "crap" team are 2nd in the league.

They hadn't won in six.

They don't concede many & don't score many.

Everybody except Dunn knew we needed to have a good go in order to score with there being relatively less threat than usual of them scoring against us.

We didn't.

They hadn't won in six.

They don't concede many & don't score many.

Everybody except Dunn knew we needed to have a good go in order to score with there being relatively less threat than usual of them scoring against us.

We didn't.

So Harry, name your starting X1 (And I would hope that it includes Fuller)

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Have I read somewhere that we're on a final warning from the League about this?

I think Corney mentioned something about waiting a bit until the ones on the North stand are up as these would be compliant rather than spending thousands on the current ones. Could be wrong though!

Mentioned it before but 4-2-3-1 is only going to work if our full-backs are on fire and bomb up the pitch. Then a team defending deep is stretched, creating more space for our midfielders and crucially Winchester.

If we don't have that, or just want to be more ambitious particularly given we don't have two strong wingers, you okay 4-3-1-2 with Winchester behind Higdon/Fuller and Poleon. The two midfielders either side of Kelly can either run with pace to 'break the lines' (Lee Johnson), like Croft and Winchester did in these positions against Liverpool, or they sit and we rely on the full-Backs for the width (2-3-3-2).

I just think we looked at Burton's stats and saw they don't concede many but also don't score many. We bigged them up and got carried away with their league position. We played to be solid and edge ahead, and backed ourselves (particularly after looking solid on Sat) to hang on and, if anything, be more threatening on the break when they came out for an equaliser.

But it went tits up.

Mentioned it before but 4-2-3-1 is only going to work if our full-backs are on fire and bomb up the pitch. Then a team defending deep is stretched, creating more space for our midfielders and crucially Winchester.

If we don't have that, or just want to be more ambitious particularly given we don't have two strong wingers, you okay 4-3-1-2 with Winchester behind Higdon/Fuller and Poleon. The two midfielders either side of Kelly can either run with pace to 'break the lines' (Lee Johnson), like Croft and Winchester did in these positions against Liverpool, or they sit and we rely on the full-Backs for the width (2-3-3-2)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:

Edited by HarryBosch