David Dunn is a football genius.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could have scored 2 or 3 today but for their keeper who had a blinder, however, our midfielders just aren't good enough to play 4 5 1 at home. Only Yeates looks to go past his man the rest are just not up to the job and don't seem to want it enough.

Croft came on with 10 minutes left, fresh as a daisy and still couldn't get past the FB.

Poleon was surrounded by 4 or 5 defenders at times today with no Latics player within 30 yards and it's bloody painful to watch.

We pass the ball well until the final third where we are bloody clueless.

I want Dunn to succeed but I don't know how much more of this punchless :censored:e I can watch.

The new stand was supposed to be the start of a new dawn but it's stuttering progress is akin to our stuttering team.

Only 3500 homers today which will drop further unless things change.

Depressing doesn't come close!!

Was Fuller booked twice?

On an aside, it seemed really bloody dark at times today. Are the North Stand floodlights on?[/quote

We said the same. 2 good challenges too. Seems it was Kelly booked though.

Half the main floodlights aren't working, and the North stand lights were not on.

I think fans are putting too much emphasis on thinking "we will only win with 2 up front". The formation we played today isn't a negative formation. We controlled the game today, had more shots, created decent chances and probably should have scored a couple.

You can't blame the manager's tactics when players are missing chances and making mistakes.

If you think that was good today against a below par team you need to give your head a wobble. The formation is defensive as the players in the roles aren't made for them meaning the don't work their opposition enough in the right areas. How many times did our wide players run at their men? The didn't instead they chose to play the ball back and sideways. No real attacking threat.

It was Kelly booked 1st time for descent after fuller tackle.

Burton have won 10 games this season yet scored less than us!!!

Why is a players absence kept as something out of MI6.

Going to BP is now a horrible chore and just the thought of going

gets me depressed from Thursday.

What a :censored: club, playing :censored: football in a :censored: stadium we have become.

I can't believe it only depresses you from Thursday lol!

I think I've figured out why there are more posts when we lose. After Swindon away I put up one post about how much I enjoyed the game. What I should have done is made the same point 28 times over 7 different threads. That'd even things up a bit.

Took the missus today for first time in years, from 20 mins in all I got was 'How long's left?' ..........after the umpteenth time of asking I gave her a sharp reply along the lines of 'it lasts 90 minutes work it out yourself!' she replied 'it's bloody irritating isn't it, now you know how I feel when I'm watching Strictly!'

Took the missus today for first time in years, from 20 mins in all I got was 'How long's left?' ..........after the umpteenth time of asking I gave her a sharp reply along the lines of 'it lasts 90 minutes work it out yourself!' she replied 'it's bloody irritating isn't it, now you know how I feel when I'm watching Strictly!'

Don't bring her again. She can stay at home and make sure your teas ready when you get back from watching the :censored:e on offer. Hopefully she'll serve up something better

If we'd have won today with that formation, would you all still be calling it negative?

Unless you have a striker who is fit enough big enough and good enough in the air to play upfront on his own that formation is pointless. Most of our shots were from outside the area today. That is not good enough would Dowie have said that was a good performance? No and why because the formation doesn't support the players strengths and at no point have we dominated. If your happy with that relegation is the only way we are going.

Unless you have a striker who is fit enough big enough and good enough in the air to play upfront on his own that formation is pointless. Most of our shots were from outside the area today. That is not good enough would Dowie have said that was a good performance? No and why because the formation doesn't support the players strengths and at no point have we dominated. If your happy with that relegation is the only way we are going.

It appears everyone but the manager and his coaching staff know that.

Who did you bet with and, if you're betting on who started a thread on a messageboard, then I think you need to see a counsellor...

As I said, I made the bet with myself. And if I'm going to see a counsellor for anything it'd be for my two personalities.

As others have already said Burton were a crap hoof it team who took advantage of our mistake, god knows how they were 3rd in the league??? We lost due to our manager being tactically naive really Dom up front on his own and being too scared to try to attack the opposition from the start!! Frustrated as the game was there to be won today.

Dunn's just going through the motions and his players now seem to be doing the same.

It's starting to look like a manager can come in to :censored:ty little Oldham, suffer our poor "budget" and as long as he does no worse than his predecessor and doesn't concede too many goals he'll get a better job.....

It's :censored:ing :censored:e....

Mills came back from injury, played one reserve game & started the game ahead of several defensive options.

Discuss...

He'd be better out of defence and tried up front, at least he'd provide some aggression and probably win dozens of penalties, one very good effort in the 2nd half.

Edited by BP1960

I think fans are putting too much emphasis on thinking "we will only win with 2 up front". The formation we played today isn't a negative formation. We controlled the game today, had more shots, created decent chances and probably should have scored a couple.

You can't blame the manager's tactics when players are missing chances and making mistakes.

CO-JVTNXAAEYR6l_zpsdkfcesrs.jpg