MK Dons midfielder in on loan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That has got to be up there with Graeme Sharpe saying Sami Hypia is "no better than we've already got"

To be fair to Sharpe, and I am not his biggest fan by any stretch, he did push for a deal with Hyypia. It was Ian Stott who pulled the plug on the deal behind Sharpe's back.

I can't see any negative in this if we happen to secure a promising youngster to strengthen our team.

In an ideal world we'd field eleven homegrown players but will that ever happen? When was the last time we fielded more than three homegrown players who genuinely strengthened the team as opposed to simply being a stopgap?

Yes we sell on a homegrown player for decent money every ice age or two but even the taking the likes of Tarky, how much did it cost us in development, training, coaching and wages to bring him to that point to then get the £500k or so. Perhaps we broke even?M

It's sentiment but sentiment doesn't bring short-term success or pay the bills. When yours job is at risk as manager, always anchored on results, you'd always ship in talent who can boost the side almost immediately.

If BP1960 genuinely rates this lad and he's convinced to the club to bring him in then I'm positive on this one....

Of course you are never too young if you are good enough but we lost against Burton because of their organisation and physical strength. Adding a slight attacking midfield player, having just lost one who didn't get much of a chance, just makes no sense. We need a manager that can improve our players because sales are part of the business plan. Bringing loanee after loanee does not improve our players even if it does improve the team however we are still performing even with all the loans as a relegation team - the results are no better!

Edited by Hands on

I am not bothered where we have signed this lad from, since the fabricated nature of his club is not his fault and we needed extra midfielders, if only for 1 game, a very important game! He seems to have an eye for goal so I just hope that we play him in the correct position! With our defence we need to score, probably a couple

Of course you are never too young if you are good enough but we lost against Burton because of their organisation and physical strength. Adding a slight attacking midfield player, having just lost one who didn't get much of a chance, just makes no sense. We need a manager that can improve our players because sales are part of the business plan. Bringing loanee after loanee does not improve our players even if it does improve the team however we are still performing even with all the loans as a relegation team - the results are no better!

It is patently obvious that we need a player who can pick a pass. We lost to Burton because we couldnt-not because we werent big enough or tall enough

I can't see any negative in this if we happen to secure a promising youngster to strengthen our team.

In an ideal world we'd field eleven homegrown players but will that ever happen? When was the last time we fielded more than three homegrown players who genuinely strengthened the team as opposed to simply being a stopgap?

Yes we sell on a homegrown player for decent money every ice age or two but even the taking the likes of Tarky, how much did it cost us in development, training, coaching and wages to bring him to that point to then get the £500k or so. Perhaps we broke even?M

It's sentiment but sentiment doesn't bring short-term success or pay the bills. When yours job is at risk as manager, always anchored on results, you'd always ship in talent who can boost the side almost immediately.

If BP1960 genuinely rates this lad and he's convinced to the club to bring him in then I'm positive on this one....

This particular transfer taken out of context there is no issue - a young lad, who looks to have talent taken from a higher level club.

Then you look at the context: he will be our 6th on the books at the current time - could be more or less but I've lost track of which we have there has been so many, he played in a losing cup-final to our lads, none of which have been blooded yet themselves + that was for MK, it demonstrates the shambolic nature of the club, suggests we have got a :censored:e side and when he's gone, he'll just be replaced by another in this cycle of :censored:.

The loan system is truly the pits, and I can't wait for it to be abolished for good.

To be fair to Sharpe, and I am not his biggest fan by any stretch, he did push for a deal with Hyypia. It was Ian Stott who pulled the plug on the deal behind Sharpe's back.

Thought it was Hyppia who turned us down?

I wonder what sort of player we would have turned Hyppia (and Vardy..) into..

This particular transfer taken out of context there is no issue - a young lad, who looks to have talent taken from a higher level club.

Then you look at the context: he will be our 6th on the books at the current time - could be more or less but I've lost track of which we have there has been so many, he played in a losing cup-final to our lads, none of which have been blooded yet themselves + that was for MK, it demonstrates the shambolic nature of the club, suggests we have got a :censored:e side and when he's gone, he'll just be replaced by another in this cycle of :censored:.

The loan system is truly the pits, and I can't wait for it to be abolished for good.

We couldnt sign a decent centreback so we loaned in 2

Brown was :censored:e so we loaned a right back.

Mills was injured so we loaned a left back.

Cassidy was long term injured so we loaned a striker

Forte was long term injured so we have signed a striker (short term)

Jones is injured so we are light in midfield even with the loan player (Fulton)

Kelly is suspended for the Cup so we loaned in another midfielder

Without the loan system we would be in the bottom 4 and out of the Cup today

We couldnt sign a decent centreback so we loaned in 2

Brown was :censored:e so we loaned a right back.

Mills was injured so we loaned a left back.

Cassidy was long term injured so we loaned a striker

Forte was long term injured so we have signed a striker (short term)

Jones is injured so we are light in midfield even with the loan player (Fulton)

Kelly is suspended for the Cup so we loaned in another midfielder

Without the loan system we would be in the bottom 4 and out of the Cup today

You beat me to it. At our level you cannot afford to gamble on relying on your recruitment drive preseason until May the following year. If players don't perform w don't have the luxury of buying in replacements so the loan system is crucial.

Except you totally dismiss the squad we already have in place.

Why don't we just use all our money on a better first 11, then if any of them gets injured we can bring in a loan player?

Apart from the Centreback thats what we did, again and again. Brown was given number 2 and Mills number 3 in the squad. Kelly and Jones are in that 11 but both out today, Cassidy was going to be the striker and Forte was going to play when fit. Who else do we have, Croft & Yeates, maybe Dieng and then finally Winchester and Byrnes??? Not really much of a squad is it?

Plus we had a novice manager who I wouldnt have trusted with the money to buy my ciggies, never mind sign players on contracts

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Only 17 mins at Mansfield, but did Rasulo show enough to suggest a start in the next game?

Yes and No, technically he did, but I would wonder if he would be fit enough to start.

I would think with Kelly coming back he won't get into the team, but he looked a more potent attacking threat than Croft did from the bench, and I thought Croft played quite well.

I cannot believe that you have put "to be fair to" and Sharp in the same sentence. How do you sleep at nights?