Realistic solutions

Dunn is not going to be sacked any time soon.

He may be able to do some business in the transfer window, and I think he will be given that (justified or not), even if we are adrift at the foot of the table.

So what can we do?

The rest of this week before Crewe

Till January

In the transfer window

Suggestions I have seen

Tony P in to help

Get Winchester in the side

Recall Rhys Murphy (if we can)

Till January

Get a big CB on loan

Get RB & Mid on loan

Experienced Asst Mgr

Replace Holden, if there is someone out there. Bring back Murray. Wish we could coach Grant Mccann!

In the transfer window

New keeper

New RB

Recall Rhys Murphy (if we can't before loan runs out)

Proven striker

Edited by singe

Dunn is not going to be sacked any time soon.

He may be able to do some business in the transfer window, and I think he will be given that, even if we are adrift at the foot of the table.

So what can we do?

Till January

In the transfer window

Suggestions I have seen

Tony P in to help

Get Winchester in the side

Recall Rhys Murphy (if we can)

Till January

Get a big CB on loan

Get RB & Mid on loan

Experienced Asst Mgr

Replace Holden, if there is someone out there. Bring back Murray. Wish we could coach Grant Mccann!

In the transfer window

New keeper

New RB

Recall Rhys Murphy (if we can't before loan runs out)

Proven striker

Change whatever the :censored: those tactics are supposed to be that we start every game with.

Change whatever it is that's happening, or isn't happening, on the training ground because this is the worst drilled Oldham side I've seen. That's where last nights mistakes came from.

Get the players motivated and playing for the manager. All this "not playing for the shirt" bollocks is just that - bollocks. Footballers haven't done that for years now, sadly. They're not playing for the manager, that's the problem.

If he can't do any of that replace him.

Letting him spend a single penny on bringing new players in to become lesser players under this training regime & these tactics would be utter madness.

And Corney needs to tell him that he needs to do a lot more than he is with this group of players if he wants to a) make it to January and/or b ) be allowed to make signings in January.

We've had far worse squads of players drilled & organised to a far higher standard than these lot are under Dunn.

Penney, for example. We never did as badly against opposition as poor/middling as Southend/Barnsley under him.

I don't even remember us being this disorganised under Dickov.

Edited by HarryBosch

He was bad last night but he's far from our worst player. He does alright 2 out of 3 games despite usually carrying out a thankless task...

Fair enough, personally he's gash for me. Runs round like a headless chicken and has little or zero composure on the ball, not that he's on his own i might add.

They're just not putting the effort in that's required, whether that's because they don't want to play fo the manager,which I'm starting to believe, or for some other reason.

It was abundantly clear in the last 2 home games that the passion and desire to win the game was not there. Second to every ball, not pressing and closing down the opposition like they did to us.

They just didnt want to win as much as the opposition.

I was speaking to a Burton player who lives near me recently. They have a small budget and he's not on a big wage by any stretch of the imagination. I asked him what he though the difference was between us and them. He said fitness and desire. Hasselbaink works them so hard in training that they were going home completely broken in pre-season, but they're really feeling the benefit now. And they absolutely love him. They would all run through brick walls for him and their biggest fear is letting him down with a poor performance.

So I think the solution is that we need to somehow instill that mindset in to the players we have. I think that's more important than shipping some out and bringing more in.

They're just not putting the effort in that's required, whether that's because they don't want to play fo the manager,which I'm starting to believe, or for some other reason.

It was abundantly clear in the last 2 home games that the passion and desire to win the game was not there. Second to every ball, not pressing and closing down the opposition like they did to us.

They just didnt want to win as much as the opposition.

I was speaking to a Burton player who lives near me recently. They have a small budget and he's not on a big wage by any stretch of the imagination. I asked him what he though the difference was between us and them. He said fitness and desire. Hasselbaink works them so hard in training that they were going home completely broken in pre-season, but they're really feeling the benefit now. And they absolutely love him. They would all run through brick walls for him and their biggest fear is letting him down with a poor performance.

So I think the solution is that we need to somehow instill that mindset in to the players we have. I think that's more important than shipping some out and bringing more in.

Very interesting that, cheers for the insight.

The million dollar question is whether any of the players would ever run through brick walls for Dunn.

I guess it is about respecting the manager, the manager having some sort of pedigree and the personality to match that.

Something no powerpoint could ever overcome.

-Hard-nose, bollocks-squeezing centre-half

-Reunite the Jones and Kelly partnership. :censored: Fulton off.

-Murphy return. A player with confidence and form.

-Cassidy return. A player who had confidence and form.

-Goalkeeper that can catch a ball.

-Some leadership at the top of the club, in the management and on the pitch

Agreed with pretty much all that :)

Definitely agree with the bits in bold. And I'd bring Murphy back if possible but there are a number of factors to consider there. Cassidy (and Forte) will be back when ready/fit. Nothing the club/manager can do about that at the minute.

Beyond that we need to look at the full backs. The RB slot has been an issue for a while and Mills is currently as poor an excuse for a player as I've seen for a long time.

And what has happened to Croft? Why has he ballooned? If that's a lack of professionalism take him to Tandle Hill Park and run him til he throws up every day until he shapes up.

Tick X 6

Play behind closed doors at home. I guarantee we'll improve at home that way. They could beam the match to all the local pubs in Oldham.

Change nothing away from home. The problem isn't there.

There are plenty of pubs going out of business as it is, could be the death knell for a few more.