Should Dunn be sacked immediately?

Should dunn be sacked immediately?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Should dunn be sacked immediately?

• Yes
    • No

I think any manager, short of committing some form of gross misconduct, deserves half a season and a transfer window before he is sacked. That just a thing I would say about any manager trying to do this job...

Anything short of that is being a bit of a :censored:...

What were your views on sacking Kelly out of interest? He got the window and seven games as opposed to half a season

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely anyone deserves at least one transfer window to put their money where their mouth is ?

He shouldn't have got the job in the first place. So he doesn't get a pass from me.

Holden/Kelly/Dunn have all played their part into transforming us into the train wreck we've become. Dunn is just a continuation of the dull, chinless, team we've suffered from since Johnson left.

Surely anyone deserves at least one transfer window to put their money where their mouth is ?

Nah, Dunn has nothing to suggest he was deserving of the job in the first place, in my opinion. And has showed nothing since.

We're facing a near-term problem of relegation to League 2 here. If you give him a transfer window you're in February; if you then give him a few weeks to show whether his signings pay off, you're into March with only a matter of weeks left of the season, by which time it may very well be too late to get out of the mire.

If it was down to me, I'd bring in an experienced manager who isn't learning the job from scratch to try and rescue this season. Corney, however, will probably leave Dunn to get on with it or get rid and appoint someone too inexperienced to hit the ground running.

Saying all that, as others have alluded to, the manager is not the only issue. The club is rotten to its core.

But to see his negative tactics and baffling substitutions you do have to

Fair play... And I take all the criticism you guys are giving him at face value....

Give him time and resources and a chance to grow and he may improve... I am just pleading that he deserves the opportunity to get it right... A single transfer window and a couple more months is the least we should give him. Its totally unfair to judge him right now to the point you take away a mans livelihood and reputation and :censored: it down the toilet.

I don't have to go to the games to see he has only been given three months and little time to bring in anything other than emergency loan signings. I presume Wellens hasn't been a disaster either ?

You don't know anything so you cant comment on anything Dunn has done regarding the team that plays on a Saturday?

What positive changes has he made?

What negative changes has he made?

How have his new signing played?

How did the whole team play?

You can't comment on his work because you haven't watched the product he has produced!

As for the window he has already brought 7/8 players into the club to put his stamp on things.

You can't comment on if these signings showed signs of progression in a Saturday because you haven't seen any if them play.

Look at the stats 0 home wins!

I will accept your opinion on the last line about 0 wins...the rest? Someone said it elsewhere!

Edited by palmer1

You don't know anything because you can't comment on anything Dunn has done regarding the team thatbolays in a Saturday?

What positive changes has he made?

What negative changes has he made?

How have his new signing played?

How did the whole team play?

You can't comment on his work because you haven't watched the product he has produced!

As for a loan window he has already brought 7/8 players into the club to put his stamp on things.

You can't comment on if these signings showed signs of progression in a Saturday.

Look at the stats 0 home wins!

I will accept your opinion on the last line about 0 wins...the rest? Someone said it elsewhere!

I haven't commented on his work... I have said he hasn't been given a full chance yet to turn it around... He deserves, as a human :censored:ing being, to be given at least one opportunity to bring people in proper and implement his own ideas / plans...

I think any manager, short of committing some form of gross misconduct, deserves half a season and a transfer window before he is sacked. That just a thing I would say about any manager trying to do this job...

Anything short of that is being a bit of a :censored:...

But he's not shown any signs of being able to manage the players.

He hasn't improved or got one player playing really well. He says that changes will need to be made for the next game, plays the same players and wonders why the result was the same. Every player looks to have gone backwards.

need to be outside main stand next week before kick off voicing our opinions. Absolute garbage under dunn weather or not the club listen is a diffrent matter but sitting in the stands booing them off aint getting the message over!!! enough is enough won 3 games all seaaon its january ffs

Edited by Aarondo Westy

It's interesting that the only person who thinks he should be given time is the person who doesn't spend a penny on or waste a minute watching this absolute shower of :censored:e that we are being served up on a weekly b

You know if the situation we are truly in does require the sacking of someone in September and someone in January then I think your protests would aimed at someone other than the poor turnips who keep being thrown to the wolves and the guy actually appointing them.

You lot have turned into a right embarrassing bunch...

Dunn deserves at least one transfer window before you throw him to the wolves...

FFS... The guy takes over with a :censored: squad and little chance of changing anything following the lunatic appointment that was Kelly and you want to sack him already ?? I think we need to re-grow some backbone....

He deserves :censored: all. He took over an average squad who look badly organised and low on confidence. Buck stops with him. Edited by longtimeblue

I haven't commented on his work... I have said he hasn't been given a full chance yet to turn it around... He deserves, as a human :censored:ing being, to be given at least one opportunity to bring people in proper and implement his own ideas / plans...

Oh the humanity! Its a :censored:in results business!

Can you or anybody tell me one thing he has actually done to improve us since Darren Kelly left?

Baring in mind he has had good number of games and brought in 7/8 players. Name one thing?

Next season when we are stiing in league 2 & Dunn has been sacked because despite the transfer window we still went down, will go to the games?

This is football & its a results game so as a human being, I as an Oldham fan deserve to see the best chance of survival implemented before its too late. David Dunn isn't the answer.

Edited by palmer1

You know if the situation we are truly in does require the sacking of someone in September and someone in January then I think your protests would aimed at someone other than the poor turnips who keep being thrown to the wolves and the guy actually appointing them.

What protest?

But he's not shown any signs of being able to manage the players.

He hasn't improved or got one player playing really well. He says that changes will need to be made for the next game, plays the same players and wonders why the result was the same. Every player looks to have gone backwards.

Agreed.

The main reason I wouldn't give him the transfer window is that, while the individuals that he brought in were decent on paper, they haven't made anywhere near enough on an impact on the team over the 4 months that Dunn's been in charge. That, along with the regression of many of the players already here, points to poor management.

The players that Dunn will bring in this month will only have about 4 months to make an impact. On the evidence of the last 4 months I don't trust his judgement going forward.

I don't think anyone will disagree with you there.

But unless someone is able to take over from the guy appointing them, then the club's immediate future will be in a much bigger crisis.

I have sympathy for the task that Dunn has to achieve, but that doesn't mean he should persevere with it when he's not really showing any signs that he's up to it.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Wasn't me, and I won't be protesting. I'll be turning up and getting behind them.

He needs to go though. Dunn might not be "THE" problem, but he is "A" problem.

No it was me!! David dunn is not the root cause be he still needs go. Look at Charlton fans tonight at the valley they have had enough! We need be protesting againt the board and the way they have took the piss they have got us into this mess! In the grey mare tonight 2 season ticket holders of 40 odd years was all for us protesting when will some of you wake up?? when its too late is my guess

No it was me!! David dunn is not the root cause be he still needs go. Look at Charlton fans tonight at the valley they have had enough! We need be protesting againt the board and the way they have took the piss they have got us into this mess! In the grey mare tonight 2 season ticket holders of 40 odd years was all for us protesting when will some of you wake up?? when its too late is my guess

What are you protesting against pal? What would you like to see happen?

But to see his negative tactics and baffling substitutions you do have to

I didn't see anything particularly wrong with his tactics today considering we were on course for a win until Cornell threw one in. We kept possession well and bossed the game to the extent Cornell didn't have a save to make. Considering our position in the league and the fact we haven't won at home since August what do you expect? We aren't going to go all out attack from the kick off and have twenty attempts on goal? This is a team in the bottom four of the third division, we're there for a reason and that reason isn't Dunn. Also the substitution didn't baffle me at all, he gave Poleon 20 minutes or so as Murphy was shagged. If your magic solution is sacking Dunn then I'm afraid your delusional.

I didn't see anything particularly wrong with his tactics today considering we were on course for a win until Cornell threw one in. We kept possession well and bossed the game to the extent Cornell didn't have a save to make. Considering our position in the league and the fact we haven't won at home since August what do you expect? We aren't going to go all out attack from the kick off and have twenty attempts on goal? This is a team in the bottom four of the third division, we're there for a reason and that reason isn't Dunn. Also the substitution didn't baffle me at all, he gave Poleon 20 minutes or so as Murphy was shagged. If your magic solution is sacking Dunn then I'm afraid your delusional.

I agree with most of this But to put Poleon on the right when you're defending a lead is suicide. Yeates should of come on for Murphy and DP through the middle.

It's interesting that the only person who thinks he should be given time is the person who doesn't spend a penny on or waste a minute watching this absolute shower of :censored:e that we are being served up on a weekly basis.

I spend a lot of minutes and an awful lot of my money following us Dave and I think he should be given more time.

I am of the understanding that we are in talks to be taken over. Maybe showing our unrest might just speed this up. The club is a :censored:ing joke this is not just a paddy after a defeat I said same thing months ago. Lie after lie from the club. Shall we just sit back and say or do nothing and when we go down say ah well they saved us 12/13 years ago?? 5 year plan my arse!!