Matt Chambers

A lot appear to forget when Joe arrived he struggled to find his feet in management and some fans were calling for his head. ( some of that was because we couldn't understand why Jimmy Frizz had been sacked) it took Joe about 3 seasons to get to where he wanted to be and he changed his method and tactics as he got the players in that he wanted. I know managers don't get that time these days but they need more than a couple of month. And he will find the way to entertain and win. HOPEFULLY,

This is what DD has said, he will bring in the players he wants in January. At the same time present players out of contract this season have to show him and fans they want to stay. That's why I'm optimistic things can be turned around.

You could've said the same about Joe Royle in 1983/84. Give the boy a chance....

It wasn't a great first season but we won 10 home games (out of 21). Looking back at the results, we also put together a couple of runs - winning three consecutive league games on a couple of occasions - something we haven't done for two and a half years.

Im optimistic that he can make good additions to the squad and clear out deadwood.

Im less optimistic that he can get the best out of those players...

Presumably we will be paying off all the deadwoods contracts and splashing the cash in January then?

A couple of problems we have are we are potless, Dunn has probably dipped into Januarys fund and probably more importantly we could be bottom by Jan 1st and it does affect who we may be able to entice to our relegation battle. Its never as easy as trying to just free up wages because nobody wants 90% of our players even for free.

Why are we discussing Matt Chambers? He's doing his job, reporting on the team and matches, and from time to time voicing his opinion in a column. What's the big deal?

I for one think he's doing a fine job - but I'm not quite sure why he's a topic here...

He tried to give Dunn a bit of backing, a non starter round these parts.

Purely and simply put, the OP has concentrated on DD, SC et al and thought his next victim / target / boo-boy would be Matt Chambers who, IMHO, writes some excellent articles. Don't worry, he'll move on to someone else to be negative about soon enough.

This^

At its inception OWTB was a really positive site for us fans to get together and discuss all things Latics. In recent years it's become a place of negativity and general willy waving and more of a divisive force than anything else. It's a real shame.

Well said, GoC.

It is all too easy to spit vitriol and fire behind the wall of the Internet, without anybody answering back to your face. To me, it allows negativity to come to the fore and before you know it, what was once a place of good-humoured banter becomes a pit of seething anger. It only takes a few and we all know who those posters are. Whatever happened to turning up at a match, watching, having a laugh or moan about it in the pub, then getting on with life? It's football, not life and death.

For what it is worth, I think that Matt Chambers' article is a well-balanced response to the negativity that currently surrounds the club.

Generally speaking, I quite like what I've read of Matt Chambers and I often refer to his twitter account to keep up with Latics games but I thought this particular article was a tad desperate.

I follow his Twitter feed for away games, it removes the necessity of sifting through the absolute drivel and negative 'boo-boy' garbage that proliferates the comments. I get your drift regarding the "tad desperate" feel to the article, but I think he feels it his duty, as a journalist and a fan, to try and redress the balance somewhat.

Generally speaking, I quite like what I've read of Matt Chambers and I often refer to his twitter account to keep up with Latics games but I thought this particular article was a tad desperate.

I follow his Twitter feed for away games, it removes the necessity of sifting through the absolute drivel and negative 'boo-boy' garbage that proliferates the comments. I get your drift regarding the "tad desperate" feel to the article, but I think he feels it his duty, as a journalist and a fan, to try and redress the balance somewhat.

It also keeps him in with the club somewhat. Not that that is a bad thing.