Matt Chambers

Whats with blaming the minority of fans for the chanting at Crewe, I was outside and it was clearly the majority chanting against the team you could hear it loud and clear 200yrds away.

I used to enjoy reading his columns in the Chron but his support of Dunn is almost nauseating, why couldn't he offer the same level of support and backing for Kelly when he was in charge instead of speculating about why Dunn had been brought to the club?

Another article in the Chron today tells us we all have plenty to look forward to - really??? Trips to Exeter and Newport aren't on my things to do list for next season. You can print all the crap you want on the back of the Chron about how hard Dunn is working and trying to put his stamp on the team but its almost laughable if it wasn't so serious, you can't polish a turd and harping on about how we are only 3 points off 17th is an insult to those who pay to watch us.

Whats with blaming the minority of fans for the chanting at Crewe, I was outside and it was clearly the majority chanting against the team you could hear it loud and clear 200yrds away.

I used to enjoy reading his columns in the Chron but his support of Dunn is almost nauseating, why couldn't he offer the same level of support and backing for Kelly when he was in charge instead of speculating about why Dunn had been brought to the club?

Another article in the Chron today tells us we all have plenty to look forward to - really??? Trips to Exeter and Newport aren't on my things to do list for next season. You can print all the crap you want on the back of the Chron about how hard Dunn is working and trying to put his stamp on the team but its almost laughable if it wasn't so serious, you can't polish a turd and harping on about how we are only 3 points off 17th is an insult to those who pay to watch us.

I think you need to re-read the article, it reads nothing like you have interpretted it.

His work, especially being a first-time manager, has been very negatively received, maybe to an unfair extent. That is true.

What Chambers doesn't recognise is that a lot of abuse was towards players and board - not manager - and that most factors of discord go further back and higher than Dunn.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/95524/this-is-the-season-of-goodwill?utm_source=hootsuite

Article.

"Find a way to defeat Millwall at SportsDirect.com Park, nick a point at Coventry and enjoy a Boxing Day bonus of three points at Blackpool.

Is that ambitious? Certainly. But we are in a forgiving month and hope has not totally expired just yet."

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

Chambers wasn't there at the game. I thought it was more the majority of fans at the end

Nah. The majority just upped and left with maybe a small 'Rubbish' as they turned their back on the pitch. Of course a good number were very vocal (more so in some sections of the stand than others) but not a majority of the Oldham fans.

His work, especially being a first-time manager, has been very negatively received, maybe to an unfair extent. That is true.

What Chambers doesn't recognise is that a lot of abuse was towards players and board - not manager - and that most factors of discord go further back and higher than Dunn.

Ithink he clearly does recognise that:

Note the word "too".

The manager, too, has come in for plenty of criticism, some of it fair and considered; this is a results business and results have been poor.

From his post match interview Dunn has also recognised and acknowledged that some of the performances are indefensible. Even though, he rightly has tried to protect his squad.

The proof of the pudding is what promised action he actually takes. And the effect of those actiosn in performances

If i was on £100,000 pa for playing third division football i'd be pissing myself laughing every day not sat sulking because of those 'nasty people who booed me.' And i'd drive a :censored:ing Jaguar, not a pissing Vauxhall.

Am i supposed to feel sorry for them after that? Bollocks. I don't like the manager but, i have to admit, it's the players who are really starting to bug me.

Ithink he clearly does recognise that:

Note the word "too".

The manager, too, has come in for plenty of criticism, some of it fair and considered; this is a results business and results have been poor.

It appears I had read an edited/cut off version.

That said, I still don't think the resentment - barring a few fans - was aimed at Dunn

Ladies/Gents.... as much as it's difficult to feel optimistic about Latics currently.... and we are all disappointed and upset at some of the decisions made in the last 12 months.... I feel like looking at / reading OWTB less and less currently.

Some of the negativity and vitriol on here is reaching fever pitch - and those of us with a slightly sunnier disposition towards life will disappear, leaving others to descend into an ever worsening pit of debauched moaning, complaining and blaming.

Maybe Chambers can be accused of attempting to counter negativity with his observations and commentary.... I don't really blame him if he is..... we in the relegation zone of the 3rd tier and we need to pull together to try to get out it.

The players - as much they've been woeful recently - aren't going to be helped by being abused from the stands by their own fans. They may well earn well compared to the ordinary man/woman.... but if they don't earn bigger and better contracts in the future, they will need to find work after their very short careers are over and/or find themselves earning less / out of the game. It therefore does matter to them too.... however much it looks like it doesn't at times.

We've got to get behind them and the manager, or else we make it harder for them to do what we want them to do for us..... which is start winning some games.

Come on. Lets all stick together.

I'm all for sticking together and the atmosphere is vile and needs to improve. However, David Dunn has been nothing short of horrendous in his short tenure at the helm of our once fantastic club. He has alienated fans left, right and centre, with his pathetic comments in the chron 2 weeks ago. His failure to take any responsibility for the performance of the players at Crewe and in the Southend debacle is laughable. Surely if they are showing a lack of desire that reflects terribly on his man-management skills. His tactics in the first half of games has been woeful at best, and barring the first half against Sheff Utd, we haven't put in a solid 45 minute spell under Dunn - note that Winchester ran that first half and has been forgotten once again in favour of the ineffectual DP. The team he named last Saturday baffled every single latics fan I know, yet once again he refused to shoulder any of the blame for how we played against one of the worst teams league one has ever seen. Only Dunn knows why Dieng isn't getting a chance. Finally, how could it have been possible to concede 5 goals the way we did against Southend and then name a weaker back 5 in the following match. He baffles me.

Edited by eyres_28

I'm all for sticking together and the atmosphere is vile and needs to improve. However, David Dunn has been nothing short of horrendous in his short tenure at the helm of our once fantastic club. He has alienated fans left, right and centre, with his pathetic comments in the chron 2 weeks ago. His failure to take any responsibility for the performance of the players at Crewe and in the Southend debacle is laughable. Surely if they are showing a lack of desire that reflects terribly on his man-management skills. His tactics in the first half of games has been woeful at best, and barring the first half against Sheff Utd, we haven't put in a solid 45 minute spell under Dunn - note that Winchester ran that first half and has been forgotten once again in favour of the ineffectual DP. The team he named last Saturday baffled every single latics fan I know, yet once again he refused to shoulder any of the blame for how we played against one of the worst teams league one has ever seen. Only Dunn knows why Dieng isn't getting a chance. Finally, how could it have been possible to concede 5 goals the way we did against Southend and then name a weaker back 5 in the following match. He baffles me.

Zzzzzzz

1. I used to enjoy reading his columns in the Chron but his support of Dunn is almost nauseating.

2. Trips to Exeter and Newport aren't on my things to do list for next season.

1. I agree with you that Dunn isn't right for us (at least not for our current predicament). But that nausea you feel for comments supporting Dunn is the same feeling I get reading your numerous posts against him.

2. What's wrong with Exeter?? Lovely place! (Newport's not a bad away trip on a sunny day either.)

1. I agree with you that Dunn isn't right for us (at least not for our current predicament). But that nausea you feel for comments supporting Dunn is the same feeling I get reading your numerous posts against him.

2. What's wrong with Exeter?? Lovely place! (Newport's not a bad away trip on a sunny day either.)

1. Cant argue with that.

2. Neither are bad away days and I agree lovely places to visit but its not where I want to be travelling on my weekends away, looking at the tables as they stand Accrington is about the most attractive fixture if we go down and they are sat in a play off spot, its almost unthinkable that a team like Stanley could be plying their trade in a division above us next season along with Bury and Rochdale.

1. Cant argue with that.

2. Neither are bad away days and I agree lovely places to visit but its not where I want to be travelling on my weekends away, looking at the tables as they stand Accrington is about the most attractive fixture if we go down and they are sat in a play off spot, its almost unthinkable that a team like Stanley could be plying their trade in a division above us next season along with Bury and Rochdale.

Haha fair enough fella. To be honest I post enough vomit-inducing posts that I can't complain about that (I even found myself defending Dean Holden on another post! *shudder*)

I must admit my expectations have got so low that I'm starting to look at possible away trips for next year. Luckily being based in the south for now means that I'd get many more away trips in League 2!

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

You could've said the same about Joe Royle in 1983/84. Give the boy a chance....

Yes, but Joe had a warm, friendly personality. He'd spend time having a chat and a laugh. Great bloke. He also believed in entertaining football, even if it meant with losing 5-4.

Dunn is a miserable get. He made a big mistake having a pop at the fans. He needs to show some leadership. Everything is flat, but he's a young, hungry manager who should be ripping up trees with his passion and drive.

Ladies/Gents.... as much as it's difficult to feel optimistic about Latics currently.... and we are all disappointed and upset at some of the decisions made in the last 12 months.... I feel like looking at / reading OWTB less and less currently.

Some of the negativity and vitriol on here is reaching fever pitch - and those of us with a slightly sunnier disposition towards life will disappear, leaving others to descend into an ever worsening pit of debauched moaning, complaining and blaming.

Maybe Chambers can be accused of attempting to counter negativity with his observations and commentary.... I don't really blame him if he is..... we in the relegation zone of the 3rd tier and we need to pull together to try to get out it.

The players - as much they've been woeful recently - aren't going to be helped by being abused from the stands by their own fans. They may well earn well compared to the ordinary man/woman.... but if they don't earn bigger and better contracts in the future, they will need to find work after their very short careers are over and/or find themselves earning less / out of the game. It therefore does matter to them too.... however much it looks like it doesn't at times.

We've got to get behind them and the manager, or else we make it harder for them to do what we want them to do for us..... which is start winning some games.

Good luck with that one Andy

A lot appear to forget when Joe arrived he struggled to find his feet in management and some fans were calling for his head. ( some of that was because we couldn't understand why Jimmy Frizz had been sacked) it took Joe about 3 seasons to get to where he wanted to be and he changed his method and tactics as he got the players in that he wanted. I know managers don't get that time these days but they need more than a couple of month. And he will find the way to entertain and win. HOPEFULLY,

This^

At its inception OWTB was a really positive site for us fans to get together and discuss all things Latics. In recent years it's become a place of negativity and general willy waving and more of a divisive force than anything else. It's a real shame.