Intresting

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I would keep 6 of the squad and sign 2"

How is that not dismissing the current squad?

For me this, rather than the fans or the lack of timely wages, explains the perceived attitude of the player on the pitch.

How does it explain the attitude of the players in the last 12 months?

How does it explain the attitude of the players in the last 12 months?

It doesn't. Hence i feel that it isn't the fault of the players, at least not solely which some lead us to believe. I don't think it' is solely a players' attitude fault. The manager and the previous two before him have been woeful. Unfortunately for us, Dunn is at the peak of this extremely perilous iceberg and the collapses under Dunn have been at a level above any that preceded it. My point is that he appears to believe he is beyond criticism and will not shoulder any of the blame for recent performances.

..nor indeed does our record in August 2014or in November and December 2014 1 win in 3 months I seem to remember...... 16 th in 2013-2014 15th in 2014-2015 but as Eyres42 satirically points out..5th in February trumps everythinga

Edited by Magister

Most fans are generally okay bobbing along middle table, this latest run sees us relying on Crewe imploding in the last minutes of a game to stay off the bottom, I can't remember us being in this position in a very long time. Even when we have flirted with relegation in recent years I've always felt we had games coming up that were winnable, at the minute its difficult to see where the next wins coming from.

Yes in previous relegation battles we have tended to be one point or so ahead of the bottom 4 and have had the knack of winning the game where failure would have dropped us into bottom 4. This season we are 3 points from safety and to some extent already playing catch up

Most fans are generally okay bobbing along middle table, this latest run sees us relying on Crewe imploding in the last minutes of a game to stay off the bottom, I can't remember us being in this position in a very long time. Even when we have flirted with relegation in recent years I've always felt we had games coming up that were winnable, at the minute its difficult to see where the next wins coming from.

I agree we're in trouble but you're overegging it a bit. Blackpool, Doncaster, Colchester, Shrewsbury coming up after Coventry and they're all winnable.

I agree we're in trouble but you're overegging it a bit. Blackpool, Doncaster, Colchester, Shrewsbury coming up after Coventry and they're all winnable.

How many of the last 28 were winnable? We have won 3.

If we do not win 2 of the next 5 the most points we could get would be 7 and we would have to be unbeaten to get that. If we get 7 we would have. 26 points from 25 games....that return gets us relegated.

I think that shows the extent of the predicament we are in

Agree Colchesters winnable, Shrewsbury could be replaced by Millwall at home, Donny 1 defeat in 8 with 6 wins and Blackpool beat Wigan at the weekend and have hit form, things could change but I think we have a tough run coming up.

How many of the last 28 were winnable? We have won 3.

If we do not win 2 of the next 5 the most points we could get would be 7 and we would have to be unbeaten to get that. If we get 7 we would have. 26 points from 25 games....that return gets us relegated.

I think that shows the extent of the predicament we are in

I'm not saying we will win. I agree many of the last 20 odd were winnable.

I like how people come up with stats and say it shows we're in trouble. We're 23rd. Of course we're in trouble.

In a way we are in trouble early enough if you know what I mean .... But I am merely cautioning that wins don't come along easily and we need to win at least 7 of 26 to stay up having won 3 of last 28. I don 't think to say we are serious trouble is over egging it. I would suggest that in saying that, you might be in danger of going into denial?

In a way we are in trouble early enough if you know what I mean .... But I am merely cautioning that wins don't come along easily and we need to win at least 7 of 26 to stay up having won 3 of last 28. I don 't think to say we are serious trouble is over egging it. I would suggest that in saying that, you might be in danger of going into denial?

Serious trouble would be if we get cut adrift of the team in 20th with less than 10 games left.

Take your fans view out of it... If you were an objective football fan you would say York Yeovil nd dagenham and Redbridge are in serious trouble , ditto Sunderland and Rotherham crewe and colchester when looking at their positions and form. ...have no doubt we are no different

Take your fans view out of it... If you were an objective football fan you would say York Yeovil nd dagenham and Redbridge are in serious trouble , ditto Sunderland and Rotherham crewe and colchester when looking at their positions and form. ...have no doubt we are no different

I wouldn't say any are in serious trouble yet. It's easy enough to climb a few places at this stage of the season with a couple of wins.

I feel fans usually scrutinise and criticise their own team a lot more than others, so someone with an objective view of our situation would probably be kinder than we would.

But there's no doubt we are in serious relegation trouble this season. We've already made major changes to the playing squad during the season and are likely to make even more next month, yet the key decision makers aren't going to change so most of the problems will probably remain. We need a lot of improvement in all areas of the club and a fair bit of luck for us to survive this season.

In the last few years I've feared relegation, this year I expect it.

The overegging comment was re yarddog73 saying he didn't think the upcoming games were winnable (or words to that effect). They are.

ive watched us long enough to know we're going down this year

Why don't you tell us how many years? It seems the done thing nowadays, when someone wants to validate their opinion more than others....

Nobody has a clue if we are going to go down yet or stay up. There's over half a season to go. Yes, the signs aren't great and it's more possible this year than other years but right now, there's no way of telling if we are doomed yet. Come 5pm after the Colchester game we will have more of an idea and if things haven't improved, maybe that's when a change is needed. Which might save us or not. All if's and buts but proclaiming in December that we are going down in May is just a tad neurotic.

Why don't you tell us how many years? It seems the done thing nowadays, when someone wants to validate their opinion more than others....

Nobody has a clue if we are going to go down yet or stay up. There's over half a season to go. Yes, the signs aren't great and it's more possible this year than other years but right now, there's no way of telling if we are doomed yet. Come 5pm after the Colchester game we will have more of an idea and if things haven't improved, maybe that's when a change is needed. Which might save us or not. All if's and buts but proclaiming in December that we are going down in May is just a tad neurotic.

we arent going down! and come the end of the season you can quote me...

31 :OASISscarf:

Edited by palmer1