Intresting

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the norm being bottom at Christmas then? Or is Dunns spell as manager an exception from the norm? He took over when we were little worse than mid table but now we sit joint bottom.

It would be silly to say there hasn't been some regression from last season but there only needed to be a little bit for us to find ourselves where we do.

It was still good enough for 5th in mid-February. This year the division is even worse....

Am I correct in thinking we were 5th for one match only (after we unfairly beat Swindon), due to having played 2 games more than a lot of other teams below us? We hardly set the league on fire.

Edited by bowl

Half of them hated him anyway.

Do you really think we'd have finished top 6, top 10 if him and Wright had stayed?

Of course we would have finished top 10. We were :censored:ing :censored: under Holden and 2 more wins would have had us on 63 points which is what 8-10 finished on. We finished 12 points off the playoffs, I think we would have at least run it close.

Am I the only one who doubts that this conversation actually took place?

Why would i lie?

I was taken a back by his honesty hence i did not ask which six would he keep & which two would he sign, furthermore asked about lack of movement within the team & was that because of orders from the management, his reply was definately not, he wants the team to go out and express themselves and be creative.

I said to DD do you not feel you have been to honest in your reply, his reply was i am going to stick to my principles and be honest at all times because that is the person i am.

Also posted in Rhys Murphy thread DD reply when asked about bringing him back , when asked in the Q&A in the new stand which they did as part of the corporate day.

Edited by mickjagger

What's this about unjustly beating Swindon...?

They hammered us second half, we hammered them first half and would have killed the game but for an incorrect linesman decision ruling out Forte's header.

That first half performance. The pace and threat. How far we are away from that now.

Not when you lose your manager in the crucial run-in

The point I was making was in his last 13 games (similar to the time Dunn has had in the job) this squad got a point per game, a goal per game and conceded 2 per game. That's actually slightly worse than Dunn's return. How the :censored: we were still in the play offs when Johnson left says more about the league than it does about our form or what Johnson was doing with this team.

If Johnson had have stayed it would have taken a big turn around in form to keep us in the play offs. That wasn't just a blip, it was about two and a half months of bad results including some shockers like mk Dons and Yeovil.

Yes we're obviously in the :censored: and Dunn has a lot to do to prove he's the one to get us out of it. But this team goes into hiding when things get tough, and it's been doing it long before Dunn got here.

What's this about unjustly beating Swindon...?

They hammered us second half, we hammered them first half and would have killed the game but for an incorrect linesman decision ruling out Forte's header.

That first half performance. The pace and threat. How far we are away from that now.

We out played them for about a half of the first half and then sat back deeper and deeper as the game wore on

At the Q&A gig on Saturday,while dd was mixing with guests, he was asked by a latics fan what he felt after the reaction of the Oldham fans after Crewe,his reply was, I wanted to go back out and tell them to :censored: off!!!, in which the fan replied, oh ok,you won't like my mate over there then because he was the one who booted the ball down the pitch, in which Dunn gave him a dirty look and walked off!! Anyone for the next charming meet the manager do!!!!!

At the Q&A gig on Saturday,while dd was mixing with guests, he was asked by a latics fan what he felt after the reaction of the Oldham fans after Crewe,his reply was, I wanted to go back out and tell them to :censored: off!!!, in which the fan replied, oh ok,you won't like my mate over there then because he was the one who booted the ball down the pitch, in which Dunn gave him a dirty look and walked off!! Anyone for the next charming meet the manager do!!!!!

Penney looking over his shoulder in the race for "Least Popular Latics Manager Ever"..

Fits in well with the Barry Owen approach to appeasing the fans and getting everyone onside then.

Take it we wont get a German style Jurgen Klopp led celebration at the end of our next game like we saw at Anfield on Sunday?

Never has this club been so far detached from its fans, if it wasn't bad enough being run by a board so out of touch it now appears we have managed to appoint an equally inadequate and clueless manager.

Fits in well with the Barry Owen approach to appeasing the fans and getting everyone onside then.

Take it we wont get a German style Jurgen Klopp led celebration at the end of our next game like we saw at Anfield on Sunday?

Never has this club been so far detached from its fans, if it wasn't bad enough being run by a board so out of touch it now appears we have managed to appoint an equally inadequate and clueless manager.

Not like you to take something out of context...

The interesting thing is that we have a manager who says what he thinks. His problem is that he doesn't seem to understand the level at which he is managing. It is his job to motivate this group, the players he has rather than looking over the other side of the fence. This is an average group of league one players, some are better and some poor but this is what you get at clubs like Oldham who don't have a sugar daddy. The manager and the coaching staff are the ones that make the difference and what a difference they have made!

The interesting thing is that we have a manager who says what he thinks. His problem is that he doesn't seem to understand the level at which he is managing. It is his job to motivate this group, the players he has rather than looking over the other side of the fence. This is an average group of league one players, some are better and some poor but this is what you get at clubs like Oldham who don't have a sugar daddy. The manager and the coaching staff are the ones that make the difference and what a difference they have made!

I do agree with this, but there is a flip side in that some of us fans think much the same. You have to get by with your share of pretty average players and hope they can come to more than the sum of the parts, yet some of our better players have been given plenty of :censored: over the years.

Not like you to take something out of context...

Out of context? So he's not an arrogant prick then ?

Its reminisent of Roy Keanes first venture into football management where he thought his approach of letting everyone know that there a :censored: was the way forward, told 3 or 4 regulars at the club that they would never play for the club again after one bad performance until the chairman reminded him they were on three year contracts and 10k a week, now I know Dunns was no Roy Keane he is more Roy Cropper but the outcomes likely to be the same.

Edited by yarddog73

Out of context? So he's not an arrogant prick then ?

Its reminisent of Roy Keanes first venture into football management where he thought his approach of letting everyone know that there a :censored: was the way forward, told 3 or 4 regulars at the club that they would never play for the club again after one bad performance until the chairman reminded him they were on three year contracts and 10k a week, now I know Dunns was no Roy Keane he is more Roy Cropper but the outcomes likely to be the same.

He's said he will be changing things in January, if it goes well after that will you congratulate him?