Intresting

DD did a Q & A yesterday in the new stand in which he described what he is looking for from the players in terms of attitude etc, so i spoke to him afterwards and asked the question of the current squad how many would you retain?

The answer was, i would keep 6 but i would sign 2 of the current squad.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would keep 6 but out of the 6 he would only sign 2 out of the 6.

He was talking in terms quality desire attitude etc, and is confident of keeping us up & going forward bringing in the players he wants, would have a good chance of getting into the play off places next season,

Edited by mickjagger

Dunn knows half the team is :censored:e, surely he see's what the rest of us see when the likes of Dominic Poleon can't control the ball or make the right pass and James Wilson who can't head the ball. I'm sure in January Dunn will use his contacts to make some decent signings and ship out the deadwood.

Dunn knows half the team is :censored:e, surely he see's what the rest of us see when the likes of Dominic Poleon can't control the ball or make the right pass and James Wilson who can't head the ball. I'm sure in January Dunn will use his contacts to make some decent signings and ship out the deadwood.

Yes course he will, two stumbling blocks to that are we are flat broke and secondly are bottom of the league, other than that it sounds like a good plan.

I don't know what will happen, but at least give the bloke a transfer window to try and do something.

He will get that even if we are bottom, but lets not forget he has already signed half a dozen and we have gone backwards all this give him a window talk is bollocks, he had a group which he should of at least have galvanised, all he seems to do is divide and ostracise what was for me a pretty decent squad of players.

The thing is, even if Dunn manages to ship out most of the players he doesn't want and get in most of the players he wants. I'm still far from convinced that he can get them gelling quickly enough to keep us up.

He's made some decent signings but he's made some odd one's too and even the best players haven't made a great impact. Also it's not as though he's kept faith with his original squad and can say he got the most out of them, he's been making many loans and free transfers since the moment he took charge.

Not to say we didn't need some changes, but the squad's failure this season is more down to mismanagement than it is down to the inadequacy of the players.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

I feel this squad has always been average, and with all the off field :censored: this year I think any manager would of struggled.

I agree that the people at the top of the club are most to blame for our predicament, but a competent manager would've got us into mid table with this squad.

He would keep 6 but out of the 6 he would only sign 2 out of the 6.

He was talking in terms quality desire attitude etc, and is confident of keeping us up & going forward bringing in the players he wants, would have a good chance of getting into the play off places next season,

What happened to managers coaching players to get better?

Wonder if the players would keep the manager? If we hang onto Dunn passed New Year as Corney seems to favour, then if things don't improve we're stuck with him until we go down. Personally I would give Dunn the next three matches and if things haven't drastically improved bring in an experienced manager. Then the new guy would have the January window.

Basically then, if Dunn is thinking in these terms, does it indicate that he A) Has been possibly told that he has the transfer window to bring in new faces and rid us of 'deadwood'.

Or

B) He is thinking in terms of the close season were he will let players go and rebuild.

Either way, does it indicate that Dunn will still be in charge in Jan and beyond?

Of course he could just be passing comment on the current state of the squad.