Team Vs Blackpool

Higdon going back to Sheffield is a blow, but if we look to attack from the start I think we can win.

Cornell

B Wilson

Dieng

J Wilson

Eckersley

Kelly

Wellens

Philliskirk

Jones

Yeates

Cassidy

If Dummigan is fit it would give us a decision to make at the back, but I think keeping the back 5 together would be a positive, as they were very tight from open play on Saturday. Cornell and Coleman are much of a muchness at present so I'd go for continuity.

I have a fair amount of faith in Kelly and Wellens in the deep midfield positions. The key to winning will be getting service to Cassidy, which is why Yeates needs to replace Winchester to provide crosses and Jones needs the freedom to break from deep through the middle.

Here we have the 4 5 1 ( I regard all the 4 something something 1 as 5 midfield oriented players and truly a 4 5 1) again and neither 4 4 2 nor 4 3 3. We are all brain washed. It is a defensive mindset from the start which says don't concede so until we do we are always on the back foot - defending by defending. What Leicester does is start 4 3 3 which gives you a positive attacking front foot approach - defending by attacking - up and at 'em from start to finish (rarely do you see a Leicester striker taking the ball into the corner to waste time, no they go for goal no matter what). They have made possession less important - what matters is what you do when you have the ball. You don't have to be the fastest, although that helps, you just have to be direct and go for goal.

I want 4 3 3 with our top scorer Danny as one of the three.

Here we have the 4 5 1 ( I regard all the 4 something something 1 as 5 midfield oriented players and truly a 4 5 1) again and neither 4 4 2 nor 4 3 3. We are all brain washed. It is a defensive mindset from the start which says don't concede so until we do we are always on the back foot - defending by defending. What Leicester does is start 4 3 3 which gives you a positive attacking front foot approach - defending by attacking - up and at 'em from start to finish (rarely do you see a Leicester striker taking the ball into the corner to waste time, no they go for goal no matter what). They have made possession less important - what matters is what you do when you have the ball. You don't have to be the fastest, although that helps, you just have to be direct and go for goal.

I want 4 3 3 with our top scorer Danny as one of the three.

4-3-3 usually becomes 4-5-1 when the wide forwards are pushed back, and if they don't track back then the oppositions full backs and wingers create an overload on the flanks when attacking. I think you're as "brainwashed" as I am.

Also Leicester have clearly been playing 4-4-2 with two wingers.

4-3-3 usually becomes 4-5-1 when the wide forwards are pushed back, and if they don't track back then the oppositions full backs and wingers create an overload on the flanks when attacking. I think you're as "brainwashed" as I am.

Leicester City play the dinasuar formation, it will get them nowhere these days, stick to modern tactics much loved by our own and Manchester United fans.

Edited by BP1960

Yep. 4-5-1 without the ball 4-3-3 with it.

Yep. 4-5-1 without the ball 4-3-3 with it.

The problem with our budget and that formation is finding the personnel that are capable in both attack and defence. Those calibre of players are valuable and usually out of reach.

We therefore are pretty rigid in our formations and need to make substitutions to change a formation.

Sounds like Dunn prefers the 4-5-1 for damage limitation and the lack of attacking flair in our squad which you need in 4-3-3

IMO Yeates, Poleon and Winchester should be good enough to make a decent attempt at an attacking line up in League 1 however it seems as though Dunn doesn't fancy them much.

The point is that although 4 5 1 can become 4 3 3 and 4 3 3 can become 4 5 1 if you start with 4 5 1 your outlook is defensive whereas if you start with 4 3 3 your outlook is attacking. Our league 1 players have difficulty moving into 4 3 3 particularly when every goal scored is bemoaned by the manager as an error. They stay defensive and try not to make errors. If our players were error free they wouldn't be with us so accept the errors and realise that a defensive outlook of 4 5 1 is always, or nearly always, going to result in letting the opposition score first.

If once we have conceded it is possible to abandon the defensive outlook it becomes possible to draw and on rare occasions even win a game. Why not start with the 4 3 3 mentality of attacking play and equalise before they score which would lead to fewer draws and more wins and losses. 3 points for a win rewards the attacking style of play it does not and will not reward our backward looking 4 5 1 which puts us at risk of relegation.

I dont think they will be. They WOULD have done, but they probably wont have to. I'm going with 998 and an official figure of 701.

It is Blackpool, so I wouldn't be surprised if they went against it, but given they've been charging tickets at different prices for the two stands it'd be cheeky to close one