Sack the board

Blackpool spent very little when they got promoted to the PL. Their players were still on very modest Championship wages. Theresult was little investment. They are not facing financial ruin, but this failure to invest has led to a rapid decline.

Anyone who throws money at a football club should not expect any returns, ever. That is not how it works. It never has. A bit different at the top end, especially these days. Football is not a normal business. Usual rules/models do not apply. It is a platform for various things, but not one to make personal gain. Fans don't expect it. Perhaps this is the problem.

So they invested moderate sums, didn't fall into the trap of paying stupidly high wages and got a massive return... Fair play to them....

Reading what I read last night it would seem the Blackpool's wage budgets etc have remained much bigger than most teams around them during their dramatic decline. Not sure I am following the logic of the angry Blackpool fan. Seems more of a case of bad management on the playing side more than anything.

I would kill to swap places with them with their infrastructure and seemingly profitable model.

The average football fan is an idiot I am afraid to say. To expect anyone just to pour money in and complain when they take some back is silly. Its as if football fans want to ensure the whole "sport" just continues to eat itself to death. Its very sad....

If Corney gets Oldham profitable do we really expect his mates to see no return ? Come on....

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they invested moderate sums, didn't fall into the trap of paying stupidly high wages and got a massive return... Fair play to them....

Reading what I read last night it would seem the Blackpool's wage budgets etc have remained much bigger than most teams around them during their dramatic decline. Not sure I am following the logic of the angry Blackpool fan. Seems more of a case of bad management on the playing side more than anything.

I would kill to swap places with them with their infrastructure and seemingly profitable model.

The average football fan is an idiot I am afraid to say. To expect anyone just to pour money in and complain when they take some back is silly. Its as if football fans want to ensure the whole "sport" just continues to eat itself to death. Its very sad....

If Corney gets Oldham profitable do we really expect his mates to see no return ? Come on....

Yeah, it was that simple...

As for the idiots comment, you seem to think you are Warren Buffet or something.

Edited by singe

Oafc0000 you make some fair points. But justifying the Oystons running of Blackpool is not one of them.

Our board seem to be incompetent and Corney's interest in the club is probably waning, but at least they aren't actively out to get our fans like the Oystons are.

I am not justifying everything they have done....

Oafc0000 you make some fair points. But justifying the Oystons running of Blackpool is not one of them.

Our board seem to be incompetent and Corney's interest in the club is probably waning, but at least they aren't actively out to get our fans like the Oystons are.

Only because the stomach for the fight in Latics fans is long gone thanks to the divisive nature of their reign

Comparing the Three Amigos, and then Corney to the Oysons is ridiculous, like chalk and cheese.

Whilst it has been a poor decade for us, there is no comparision. They took millions out. We have the debt, but it has not been taken out, in fact invested in.

THe fans at Blackpool are united against the owners. We are some way off that, as people can see it has not been take take take.

Oystons took £32 million out. Yes. £32 million out.

Including a one of salary payment of £11m. £11m in one go, which Oyston Jnr acknowledged was roughly what was put in.

Business in the real world don't pay out that sort of money, or sit on such cash piles.

Look at the new Sky deal too, if Blackpool had invested wisely (they kept the wage bill the same as the championship season the year before) they could have been there reaping the rewards of the new deal, so it was not even a good business decision.

Not in the remotest bit comparable.

Edited by singe

Comparing the Three Amigos, and then Corney to the Oysons is ridiculous, like chalk and cheese.

Whilst it has been a poor decade for us, there is no comparision. They took millions out. We have the debt, but it has not been taken out, in fact invested in.

THe fans at Blackpool are united against the owners. We are some way off that, as people can see it has not been take take take.

Oystons took £32 million out. Yes. £32 million out.

Including a one of salary payment of £11m. £11m in one go, which Oyston Jnr acknowledged was roughly what was put in.

Business in the real world don't pay out that sort of money, or sit on such cash piles.

Look at the new Sky deal too, if Blackpool had invested wisely (they kept the wage bill the same as the championship season the year before) they could have been there reaping the rewards of the new deal, so it was not even a good business decision.

Not in the remotest bit comparable.

No one made any comparisons.....

And business do pay out that sort of money.... And they do sit on cash piles....

I guess you struggle with the basics of business, investment and dividends.... as much as you do reading and understanding a post....

Edited by oafc0000

I wouldn't...I'm getting sick of Gordons post-match arse-licking interviews with our managers ending nearly every time with "we go again"

What do you expect him to do, try and ridicule him every week, that would really work well wouldn't it!!!

What do you expect him to do, try and ridicule him every week, that would really work well wouldn't it!!!

Stu Vose didn't have any problem asking Shez what the :censored: he was doing (maybe not quite in them words) when all hell was breaking lose. He doesn't have to ridicule him...not sure why you would suggest that. Just ask him about tactics, decisions in game etc rather than his "there, there, well done but unlucky, we go again" etc

You must be watching different interviews....he does ask questions on subs, tactics, etc, etc. Gordon's a club employee not from the outside media.

Yes, just not very intrusive questions. I am aware he is a club employee. Again, so was the last man who did it (very well) and now works for a Premiership club doing their media.

No one made any comparisons.....

And business do pay out that sort of money.... And they do sit on cash piles....

I guess you struggle with the basics of business, investment and dividends.... as much as you do reading and understanding a post....

Whereas we don't have to guess about you struggling with the basics of Football.

Yeah because I get proven wrong time and time again *rolls eyes*

Yeah because of all the times I have had to change my opinion based on facts presented by others in here, it has been you doing the presenting on occassions amounting to more than zero. *piffs in your general direction*

Yes, just not very intrusive questions. I am aware he is a club employee. Again, so was the last man who did it (very well) and now works for a Premiership club doing their media.

Just watched the post Colchester interview and I take everything back what I said...Gordon was scared to death of upsetting him...it was bloody cringeworthy!!