Sack the board

We'll be the third biggest club in terms of attendances.

Do we actually have a board, as such? More like a management committee.

Sadly, Dunn has shown us nothing, absolutely nothing. Intelligence, tactical awareness, character...nothing. We've lost out on SoD. Still time for Halle and Rosler....

That's assumes the attendances will stay at current levels. They are on a downward curve, and there is nothing to suggest they'd plateau after three relegations in fact quite the opposite.

Anyone thinking relegation would do is good, is absolutely insane. Stockport, Tranmere, the list is endless.

Edited by singe

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quote from our chairman that I read yesterday.

". The last word to the various moaners. What have you done? Bellyache about the club colours, admission prices, and everything else that has come into your little heads...If you don't want to support the club jolly well stay away and take your money with you instead of hanging around here"

Now, there are moaners for whom it seems that absolutely nothing is right. However even I wouldn't advocate a chairman saying this.

So hopefully Corney won't. The quote is from Ken Bates when he was chairman, writing in the programme in 1966.

The fact is, OAFC cannot sustain heavy personal investments without the collapse later.

This is very true... But this is also very true for pretty much every club in the country outside of maybe United and Arsenal.....

What you point at here is just how :censored:ed the "sport" is as a whole....

Edited by oafc0000

A quote from our chairman that I read yesterday.

". The last word to the various moaners. What have you done? Bellyache about the club colours, admission prices, and everything else that has come into your little heads...If you don't want to support the club jolly well stay away and take your money with you instead of hanging around here"

Now, there are moaners for whom it seems that absolutely nothing is right. However even I wouldn't advocate a chairman saying this.

So hopefully Corney won't. The quote is from Ken Bates when he was chairman, writing in the programme in 1966.

Ken Bates had a point though.... Whatever you think about him he had some :censored:ing ambition and was trying to deliver it... The problem with Corney and his merry friends is they showed the sort of ambition that a 12 year old kid has playing football manager and about as much ability to deliver it as that 12 year old kid.

Evidence I provide you is the dream of the Oldham Arena and the current Subbuteo stand currently standing in its place... and all that now sold off land.... :censored:ing sigh!

It isn't

Why isn't it?

Because if TTA hadn't taken over when they did somebody else would have. There were 3 or 4 sniffing around at the time. We might by worse of than we are now, but we may be better off. In some way, shape or form though, Oldham Athletic would still be around.

Because if TTA hadn't taken over when they did somebody else would have. There were 3 or 4 sniffing around at the time. We might by worse of than we are now, but we may be better off. In some way, shape or form though, Oldham Athletic would still be around.

Certainly not my recollection! And if you speak to Sean Jarvis he'll tell you we were hours from going under

I agree once Moore wrote off the debts we were a much more viable option I'm grateful for what they did 12 years ago but they've outstayed their welcome and the club has stagnated and gone backwards

What you point at here is just how :censored:ed the "sport" is as a whole....

Afraid so, however I did mention that it looks from the outside that OAFC have taken some financial precautions to be away from football money bubble, and completely independent from a rich benefactor. This is a good thing.

We can't blame Chairmen like Simon Corney for taking the financial steps to stabilise their clubs against the possibility of a Stockport or a Blackpool from happening to them.

Afraid so, however I did mention that it looks from the outside that OAFC have taken some financial precautions to be outside of the football money bubble, and completely independent from a rich benefactor. This is a good thing.

We can't blame Chairmen like Simon Corney for taking the financial steps to stabilise their clubs against the possibility of a Stockport or a Blackpool from happening to them.

You really think our little stand does that ?

You do realise that Blackpool have a lot more than we are ever going to have as well...

http://blackpoolfchotel.com/

Edited by oafc0000

You really think our little stand does that ?

I realise it is a small part of the security process - without it there would be nothing. Let's be realistic; what has the club got and what can it do with it - It's got 3500 fans and a brand new stand - both have to be utilised to their maximum potential. So roll your sleeves up and get thinking.

Blackpool have a lot more, and when they steady the ship - hopefully their resources will be used more wisely than they have been in the past.

I realise it is a small part the security process - without it there would be nothing. Let's be realistic; what has the club got and what can it do with it - It's got 3500 fans and a brand new stand - both have to be utilised to their maximum potential. So roll your sleeves up and get thinking.

Blackpool have a lot more, and when they steady the ship - hopefully their resources will be used more wisely than they have been in the past.

To think of the amount of money they seem to have wasted (Blackpool). All that TV money.... Yet clubs do it time and time again.... Its depressing....

Allegedly the Oystons moved tens of millions out of the club to their own businesses. Allegedly. So I read Allegedly I believe. Lol

Yeah I read about it all last night after reading these posts....

It points to another issue in the game. We expect money men to pour millions of pounds into the sport but when they take some money back because their investment paid off we get up in arms.

Its all rather silly.

Blackpool spent very little when they got promoted to the PL. Their players were still on very modest Championship wages. Theresult was little investment. They are not facing financial ruin, but this failure to invest has led to a rapid decline.

Anyone who throws money at a football club should not expect any returns, ever. That is not how it works. It never has. A bit different at the top end, especially these days. Football is not a normal business. Usual rules/models do not apply. It is a platform for various things, but not one to make personal gain. Fans don't expect it. Perhaps this is the problem.

Blackpool spent very little when they got promoted to the PL. Their players were still on very modest Championship wages. Theresult was little investment. They are not facing financial ruin, but this failure to invest has led to a rapid decline.

Anyone who throws money at a football club should not expect any returns, ever. That is not how it works. It never has. A bit different at the top end, especially these days. Football is not a normal business. Usual rules/models do not apply. It is a platform for various things, but not one to make personal gain. Fans don't expect it. Perhaps this is the problem.

Blackpool had a £1m investment from a Latvian that propelled them forward. As for expecting returns, maybe if you run things and do it properly you can but not if you run it as badly as these have.

Out of interest, does anyone know (or have any inkling) why Danny Gazal in the new stand on Saturday?

Edit: Meant to say Simon Blitz...not Gazal

Edited by boundaryblue80