Mid-Season Predictions

Mid season predictions  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Where will Oldham finish in the league?

2. 2. Will David Dunn still be manager on 8th May? (last game of the season)

I think we'll be relegated and I think Dunn will still be in charge.

Depending on how cheap he really is he could still be in charge at the start of next season as well.

I think Corney has long since decided he can't/won't spend another penny on this club.

Agreed.

How much, commercially, is our league 1 status worth, considering our necessary spend to conserve it?

I think we'll be relegated and I think Dunn will still be in charge.

Depending on how cheap he really is he could still be in charge at the start of next season as well.

I think Corney has long since decided he can't/won't spend another penny on this club.

You know what, as much as I don't rate Dunn, if Corney came out and said that Dunn would be in charge regardless of whether we were in League One or Two next season I could kind of accept it. At least it would be a sign that there's some sort of medium term plan from the top of the club.

Right now the last I've heard from the club on the matter is that "relegation is not an option" or that it would be a "disaster" if we go down.

I'd much prefer that we got a manager in that had experience of getting out of relegation battles before that could firefight the current predicament, but if not then now is the time to say that Dunn has their 100% backing. The longer the uncertainty about this goes on, the more pressure will be put on from us fans to get rid of him.

You know what, as much as I don't rate Dunn, if Corney came out and said that Dunn would be in charge regardless of whether we were in League One or Two next season I could kind of accept it. At least it would be a sign that there's some sort of medium term plan from the top of the club.

Right now the last I've heard from the club on the matter is that "relegation is not an option" or that it would be a "disaster" if we go down.

I'd much prefer that we got a manager in that had experience of getting out of relegation battles before that could firefight the current predicament, but if not then now is the time to say that Dunn has their 100% backing. The longer the uncertainty about this goes on, the more pressure will be put on from us fans to get rid of him.

Yep, they need to realise that acceptance is intrinsicly related to knowledge.

Communication now is the key. From directors to manager from directors to supporters and from manager to players.

Once we know the score we can resign ourselves to our fate.

If we do go down then all of the board barring Corney (unless a better replacement is found for SC) need to do one. The likes of Barry and Ian Hill et al have made atrocious decisions in 2015 that has led to the lowest demise of this club in many a year.

If we do go down then all of the board barring Corney (unless a better replacement is found for SC) need to do one. The likes of Barry and Ian Hill et al have made atrocious decisions in 2015 that has led to the lowest demise of this club in many a year.

Nah. They need to do one regardless.

Won't happen tho until somebody pays him 'his £8m'.

^ This exactly. It's the lack of plan that is worrying.

Still can't see us going down. We always pick up some wins when we need it the most. We'll be 17th again in no time...

By the time we pick up some wins, we will be that far cut adrift it will be to late to save us...

Edited by bowl

If Dunn is allowed to bring in the players he wants then we won't go down.

Massive 'if' though.

On what are you basing these thoughts that we will stay up? Which games have you seen under dunn that show he knows what he's doing and could turn this round?

Still can't see us going down. We always pick up some wins when we need it the most. We'll be 17th again in no time...

They usually come at home when you're desperate. It's very likely we'll finish this season with 3 or fewer home wins. Can't see where a home win is coming from under this management.

And I've been right every season...

You have told people to put their house on a Latics win a few times this season!

I'm really struggling to believe we'll stay up this time after failing to get a win out of recent games against Crewe and Colchester. Those two sides are absolutely :censored:. They've been throwing away results every week, which is the only reason we've not been cast adrift at the bottom of the table.

We're completely out of the habit of winning. Even the very few wins we have picked up have been somewhat fortunate.

I don't think Dunn has a clue how to effect any sort of change, so unless there's a plan to replace him my prediction is relegation.

Losses to out of form Barnsley, Crewe and Colchester? Hardly bodes well does it...I await someone bringing out the old 'we perform better against better teams' crap!

I have mentioned that somewhere on a post. But I also mentioned we haven't for about 5 years

Losses to out of form Barnsley, Crewe and Colchester? Hardly bodes well does it...I await someone bringing out the old 'we perform better against better teams' crap!

We didn't lose to Colchester, but otherwise I agree.

Unless something changes, whether its management or a few players in - we will go down. So far as it stands the best chance is Forte coming back and hitting form.