Millwall

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else notice 10mins before their 2nd goal B Wilson signalled he was injured. The bench asked James Wilson to get ready. For some unknown reason he took an eternity to get himself sorted. In that time B Wilson was off the pace and if I'm not mistaken he was the player who lost the man who scored the header.

How does it take subs so long to 'get ready' when called upon?!

We saw that and it is the second time recently where we have lost out to not having our subs sorted. That is bad management and why we conceded the second goal

We saw that and it is the second time recently where we have lost out to not having our subs sorted. That is bad management and why we conceded the second goal

The 3 coaches were too busy talking among themselves and probably wouldn't have noticed the sub wasnt ready.

Edited by BP1960

I was by the dugout and it looked more like J Wilson couldn't really be bothered going on so dragged his heals!

So many subs are not actually 'good to go' - more often than not they haven't got a shirt on sometimes not even shin pads! Although forte is one who is always ready - coat off and on he goes

Thought you actually went - it appears not.

It is funny how you want to compare performances when you very rarely go, jog on.

I was there.

If Cornell concedes that first goal you would have been on here straight away to tell us all about it.

Second goal he essentially gets beat on his near post.

I was there.

If Cornell concedes that first goal you would have been on here straight away to tell us all about it.

Second goal he essentially gets beat on his near post.

First was a great point blank save, no defenders moved to clear.

And how you can place any blame on him for 2nd is beyond me.

You're a :censored:ing idiot.

I think Cornell is utter garbage but I wouldn't have blamed home for either today.

Nice to see you mentioned the amazing double save by Coleman in first half too.

Prick

Jesus Christ people are blaming Coleman?! He's saved the first one really well and I don't know where else he could have pushed it, it's not like he's parried it directly in front of him. The second has beaten Wilson and the header has come from about 4 yards in front of him, how he's meant to save that I have no idea. Also, for whoever said about getting beaten at his near post, it's clear you have never played in goal or have any experience of judging goalkeepers. Wow.

Jesus Christ people are blaming Coleman?! He's saved the first one really well and I don't know where else he could have pushed it, it's not like he's parried it directly in front of him. The second has beaten Wilson and the header has come from about 4 yards in front of him, how he's meant to save that I have no idea. Also, for whoever said about getting beaten at his near post, it's clear you have never played in goal or have any experience of judging goalkeepers. Wow.

Idiots. That's what they are.

No blame for Coleman here.

He was found wanting in the two moments that mattered, but no blame.

Goalkeepers do concede goals you know? Even the likes of Casillas pick the odd few out of the net!

The difference between Cornell of recent weeks and Coleman today is neither of the two goals conceded today were down to "keeper error" - he saved the first, the rebound landed to a striker and the second was a killer ball - hard to defend and wasn't defended and a point blank header.

Cornell in recent weeks and just down right missed catching the bloody thing

Goalkeepers do concede goals you know? Even the likes of Casillas pick the odd few out of the net!

The difference between Cornell of recent weeks and Coleman today is neither of the two goals conceded today were down to "keeper error" - he saved the first, the rebound landed to a striker and the second was a killer ball - hard to defend and wasn't defended and a point blank header.

Cornell in recent weeks and just down right missed catching the bloody thing

Pretty much the same as all season then.

It can be really confusing on here

We get regaled with stories of the home keeper making great .point blank saves, followed by worldie double save, a superbly crafted second goal by the visitors, dominant opposing centre halves.....and do you know what we also get told .....the visitors were lucky to win.

...sorry the better side with the better players won and reasonably comfortably too....in my opinion

We get regaled with stories of the home keeper making great .point blank saves, followed by worldie double save, a superbly crafted second goal by the visitors, dominant opposing centre halves.....and do you know what we also get told .....the visitors were lucky to win.

...sorry the better side with the better players won and reasonably comfortably too....in my opinion

Oh believe me - 20 minutes aside - Millwall deserved to win, my point is not every goal conceded is a goalkeepers fault - if it was there wouldn't be a keeper still employed, well except for Simon Minoglet - he seems to get away with it every week

They deserved to win. We had a good 20 minutes. Not good enough. Dunn out

Oh believe me - 20 minutes aside - Millwall deserved to win, my point is not every goal conceded is a goalkeepers fault - if it was there wouldn't be a keeper still employed, well except for Simon Minoglet - he seems to get away with it every week

I agree entirely about keepers. The only provocative point I am making is that different standards of judgement are being used on here dependent on who is wearing the green shirt. In no way am I suggesting either goal was a keeper howler.

This is fair-ish. We troubled them without really troubling them. They were organised and solid.

What does give me slight optimism is that we became noticeably better when Forte came on. I felt like it wasn't in desperation either, it was like we had a style that we can build on. When Winchester, Jones and Forte were on song near the end we looked a good side.

Hope they can take that urgency into following games, despite conceding.