Bradford (A)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you are five points off three teams... and then five points off one team... Your chances only go down...

You obviously can't see it so will leave it here...

It's January.

To put that into perspective if Blackpool win every game until the end of the season they'll probably get promoted, in fact so could we.

That's how many points are left to play for.

Edited by PlayItLivo

That was the most blatant red card I've ever seen. Middle of the pitch, three latics players close to Reid and Connor lunges unnecessarily with both feet in the air. The lad was a walking red card from the second he came on; constantly antagonising but rarely focusing on his job.

None the less, we were much more organised defensively, with Brian Wilson talking Dieng through the game (as a back three) and Dummigan/Lafferty dropping when needed. We tried to keep hold of the ball but it rarely stuck up top when needed and once Murphy went off we became very one dimensional.

That was the most blatant red card I've ever seen. Middle of the pitch, three latics players close to Reid and Connor lunges unnecessarily with both feet in the air. The lad was a walking red card from the second he came on; constantly antagonising but rarely focusing on his job.

None the less, we were much more organised defensively, with Brian Wilson talking Dieng through the game (as a back three) and Dummigan/Lafferty dropping when needed. We tried to keep hold of the ball but it rarely stuck up top when needed and once Murphy went off we became very one dimensional.

Looked a cracking tackle from where I was sat.

Murphy was hopeless.

Looked a cracking tackle from where I was sat.

Murphy was hopeless.

Agreed about Murphy, it's just a case of him being the one of the front two that offers for the ball in front of the back four and behind. Once he went off there was a wealth of space in the "number 10" position that no one drove or dropped into. If we were going to score it would've been a set piece. And being Bradford, that was unlikely to happen.

As for the tackle, why go to ground there? I apologise if I've seen it wrong, but I imagine the replays will show its recklessness.

Couldn't agree more, he was asking to be sent off with that challenge and right in front of the referee. At least he won't be available for selection for three games which is a bonus. How Cassidy makes a living as a pro footballer is beyond me.

He won the ball. Yellow card if reckless, cleanly won the ball though.

Reid hacking Winchester from behind was more of a red card.

Should be appealed that. Outrageous decision unless it looks bad from another angle. It was one footed, that foot was on the floor and he won the :censored:ing ball. Absolute shocker.

Please feel free to comment accordingly:

James Wilson: Decent (about time)

James Cassidy: Atrocious

Rhys Murphy: Poor (but :censored: all to play off)

Coleman: OK (Better than Cornell but we need akeeper on loan)

Edited by sjk2008

And FYI I am a massive "slagger offer" of Conor Brown, but from what I saw it looked very harsh. The fact that everyone thinks he's an absolute goon makes me think it was a red, but I've not seen a replay...

Cassidy has had string of poor games, yet because it's deemed a bigger man is needed alongside Murphy he's selected

This week I feel Shez has got to bring in a strong centre forward who can give opposing centre backs a hard time, we can't carry on hoping Cassidy will come good.

If the referee thought Conner's tackle was a red card how come he only punished Bradford's 3/4 shocking challenges in the the first half with 1 yellow. Absolute prick, especially when he booked Winchester? for hand ball when he slipped and fell on the ball.

Hopefully Sheridan has seen who is not good enough and the players who haven't the stomach for the fight.

Stating the obvious we need a new goalkeeper, centre half and centre forward with a terrier in midfield.

I agree with all of the above apart from Murphy. First half he got the ball probably 4 times in a a promising position and his first touch was appalling each time and let him down. Once it nearly cost us a goal

Who's James Cassidy? ? Though I agree Jake Cassidy needs to start showing something - being out injured can only be an excuse for so long

I agree with all of the above apart from Murphy. First half he got the ball probably 4 times in a a promising position and his first touch was appalling each time and let him down. Once it nearly cost us a goal

This. Murphy is clearly a player whose all round game is poor. Hopefully he will continue to score so it won't matter.

Edited by welshgaz

Thought Brown got the ball as well.Shez was having a word with the ref as he walked off at half time.Còleman for me is tons better keeper than flap jack but we still need another keeper.We seemed to play better with ten men and had chances but need a goal poacher in the box.Not convinced that Cassidy is the one.Good support and applause on 30 mins with Bradford fans joining in.Overall a more spirited performance but still a poor game but signs of hope today.

Thought Brown got the ball as well.Shez was having a word with the ref as he walked off at half time.Còleman for me is tons better keeper than flap jack but we still need another keeper.We seemed to play better with ten men and had chances but need a goal poacher in the box.Not convinced that Cassidy is the one.Good support and applause on 30 mins with Bradford fans joining in.Overall a more spirited performance but still a poor game but signs of hope today.

Was the applause for the fan who passed away recently?

If we are going to play 3-5-2 then one of the 5 needs to be a proper winger. At times it was more like 5-3-2. Lafferty/Mills and Dummigan are not going to go and beat 2/3 players and stick the ball in the box.

First half, looked like Winchester was the only one willing to beat someone and move forwards. What could of been 1 pass, turned into 4/5. Few occasions where two players passed it to each other 2/3 times each being 5 yards apart due to little movement from the wings.

Despite being 6ft 2 Cassidy wins absolutely nothing in the air and is to slow to beat players on his own. Think he won it once in the air today.

Never a red card, case of recklessness then it should of been a yellow, won the ball. Did he even touch Reid?

Reid's challenge on Winchester from behind was more of a red card.

Defence looked better today, Coleman had a few dodgy kicks and punched one away when he could of caught it. Not to sure what happened with their goal, did it loop over Coleman? Need to see a replay.

Another loss, however that was more down to a :censored: ref rather than individual/collective errors. Formation needs working on for when attacking. Looks more positive going forward though.