Which current players will Shez like?

Could turn it into a poll but don't want another one of them.

Who do you see as players Shez would like, on the basis of his last reign? He said he may take a shine to estranged players if he thought they would suit his team, and he's been known to give youth a chance.

Wonder if any starters won't fit into his mantra, and if any fringe players will be well-suited to his system.

I believe we will get the best out of Carl Winchester hes a sheridan type of player for definate.

It will be interesting to see where he plays him, does he put him on the right or he may well try him in the middle with Kelly and tell him to be the playmaker.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I can't be the only one who think Poleon is absolute toss?

Had some bad games. Had some amazing games. Had a lot of average games. Think if he was played on the wing for a good few games we'd see a better player. I think he has it in him to be very dangerous at this level

hopefully we'll see the return to form of Jonathan Forte under Shez. I do wonder what effect he will have had on the dressing room, surely the players are excited about the prospect?

In terms of Sheridan-esque players, and on the basis of him signing Mark Crossley last time he was here; Paul Robinson is a free agent if he fancies a challenge, can't be much worse than Cornell, right? Also, I read that Luciano Becchio is a free agent (what happened to him!?) and we know Shez loves a proven striker..

I think we should look at bringing Adam El-Abd in at centre-back to try and sure up the defence, whilst Vose from Wrexham could be a good prospect to replace Philly.

If the rumours about Kevin Russell are true, we could be looking at some good prospects coming in on loan from the Stoke City youth teams.

Are there any players from Newport that could be likely to want to step up?

- Top scorer Scott Boden could be one Shez might want to target. He scored 5 of his 8 goals this season under Sheridan, but do we need him when we've got Murphy who had 9 in the same league? I can't imagine us wanting to take anyone else on unless the gaffer has a particular player in mind. I saw their keeper Joe Day being touted for a move to the SPL in the Summer..

I think Dunn's initial mindset was "make us hard to beat" (that didn't really work out, did it...) which isn't exactly encouraging for flare players. Going on what we know about Sheridan I'd think there's definitely room for Winchester to make a step up. Some managers can really get a hell of a lot more out of players than others.

• 2 months later...