The oafc0000 'Is this the right room for an argument?' Thread

What you said to b0ndl1ne was completely unnecessary.

Yet you are comfortable with the :censored: comments ?

If, as a referee, you are are not going to send off for tackles involving feet leaving the ground then you are not going to get far in the game. The authorities just want it out of the game and other refrees have been demoted for not taking action in the past. The comment was totally on topic. He wanted to validate his opinion by saying he was a referee so at that point it become a point for debate I am afraid.

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet you are comfortable with the :censored: comments ?

If, as a referee, you are are not going to send off for tackles involving feet leaving the ground then you are not going to get far in the game. The authorities just want it out of the game and other refrees have been demoted for not taking action in the past. The comment was totally on topic. He wanted to validate his opinion by saying he was a referee so at that point it become a point for debate I am afraid.

No. And that's why I've removed more posts like that than you know about.

My point was that you said you weren't slagging anyone off when you told someone that they'll never be any good as a ref on the basis that he (being more qualified than you) had a different view of the event to you.

Let's leave it here, otherwise I'll have to start an oafc0000 thread and just dump the Itchy and Sratchy routine, and the rest from other threads, in there.

My point was that you said you weren't slagging anyone off when you told someone that they'll never be any good as a ref on the basis that he (being more qualified than you) had a different view of the event to you.

I never said he wouldn't be any good as a ref. He is a ref. To say he wouldn't be any good as a ref would not make any logical sense. What does change though is the higher you go in the game the more you are expected (more eyes on you) to crack down on tackles where the foot leaves the ground. its fair comment in my opinion. He brought his profession into so it becomes a matter for debate.

Specially as (I am guessing) a more qualified person than all of us sent the player off.

Edited by oafc0000

What you are all forgetting in this is that football is not only about opinions of supporters but the whole game revolves around opinions of refs.

Right or wrong the refs opinion on Saturday was a red card,

10 refs will look at it and 5 will give a red and 5 not.

3 panels judges will look at it and give their opinion on it , whether rescinded or not and if next week another 3 panel members could look at it and give the verdict the other way.

Look on MOTD when they look at a penalty decision , after looking at it 10 times one pundit will say "yes def pen" the other will no "no way"

You will never change it , argue about it all you want (but friendly mind you) but opinions make the game what it is.

FFS I really am not allowed an opinion am I....

Watched it on the Sky website.. His feet very clearly leave the ground. That is a red card no matter which way you look at it. Read the rule book!

Other posters have also pointed out his feet leave the ground....

Please can you quote where in the laws of the game it mentions leaving the ground?? Obviously you must have read the 'rule book' as quoted above??

Pathetic Stevie_J, just get rid of me if you dislike me this much.

I thought you'd be pleased.

I don't know you, let alone dislike you.

It was a bit of a jest and a means of decluttering other threads, which needed to be done.

Are you saying his feet didn't leave the ground ? Because its quite clear on the video they did... and if they do its a red...

So your issue is with the rule book I presume and not the referee ?

I am saying both his feet did not leave the ground at point of impact.

THey left when knocked over by the other player and he pulled back. He was already at about at 20o angle backwards and practically on the floor.

It was an excellent tackle

The ball skewed off the direction he hit it.

Edited by singe

Please can you quote where in the laws of the game it mentions leaving the ground?? Obviously you must have read the 'rule book' as quoted above??

The laws for the award of a direct free kick includes " jumping at an opponent" with addendum referring to excessive force.

One foot or two feel leaving the ground is also referenced in the laws regarding throw ins

Meh... You know what I don't really care. Its just annoying when someone says to me your slagging people off, singling me out, missing the huge amount of abuse I constantly get regardless. Its all crying wolf. And it just moves away from the points being made.

I have been constantly abused since I stopped going to the point I just return fire in a similar way these days. Its all a bit soft to start crying when its given back.

gang mentality......theyre all in the same clique

This is you're problem oafc0000. Every user on here has opinions but you come across that whatever you say is a fact and is not up for discussion. I can not remember a thread on here when you have gone back on your initial thoughts, you are always right!