FT: Oldham 0 Bury 1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But its the most important. Our defence and Goalie have both been slated for yesterday as we conceeded 1 goal against decent (highly paid) strikers.

We lost only 1-nil and Bury basically stopped playing at half time. List the chances that we created, list the crosses that came in apart from corners. List the shots we had that troubled their goalie. Highlight any through balls for the forwards to run onto.

A Burton reserve player came in and showed them all how to play in midfield. Its the engine room for any team. It is :censored:e

Why exclude corners? You've got to be attacking to win the corners/free-kicks in the first place.

Nobody has answered my question about what the midfielders did to create anything at all for the strikers! There was virtually nothing!

You seem to consistently miss the point when replying or go off on a tangent.

You refer to a shot from outside the area, a free kick and a cross from a striker that was headed wide. All irrelevant to the point that I was making

You asked when we tested the goalkeeper I answered

you asked When we got a cross into the box

I answered.

Did we thread any through balls to our strikers no we didn't

But doesn't it say something that our chances on goal came from our midfielders and not our strikers? The only one I can remember was when Jones took a short corner to Cassidy which was blocked on the line by James Wilson.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Not saying he's wrong on this occasion, but Smoker has a tendency for ignoring anything which doesn't corroborate with his beliefs...

Pot, kettle! I argued that Philly was better for us in midfield than Winchester! Another club came in and signed Philly (cheaply.) Winny will soon be on the bench!

Once perhaps this season or maybe next Winny will have a good game. You will be on here telling then me that I know nothing as he ran past 3 men and swerved a shot in past a crap keeper. In the last 2 weeks we havent scored a goal. In that time Philly has scored 2 for his new club! Am I the biased one?

Bury took one look at our team, saw next to no aerial threat and were quite comfortable to have a policy of breaking any flow to the game by conceding free kicks and thought corners to be little threat

I do totally agree with this point!

You can't mention anything constructively to someone who ignores the play that resulted in corners and free-kicks.

But a corner can be created by their centre half heading it behind from a long punt from our Goalie-It still doesnt mean that our midfield functions well!

The question that I asked was what did our midfield create in the way of crosses, through balls etc? No-one has given a direct answer at all!

Our midfield is :censored:e. It has been :censored:e all season. If you cannot see that when a Burton reserve comes in and plays infinately better than the rest of them, Well!

Pot, kettle! I argued that Philly was better for us in midfield than Winchester! Another club came in and signed Philly (cheaply.) Winny will soon be on the bench!

Once perhaps this season or maybe next Winny will have a good game. You will be on here telling then me that I know nothing as he ran past 3 men and swerved a shot in past a crap keeper. In the last 2 weeks we havent scored a goal. In that time Philly has scored 2 for his new club! Am I the biased one?

I do totally agree with this point!

But a corner can be created by their centre half heading it behind from a long punt from our Goalie-It still doesnt mean that our midfield functions well!

The question that I asked was what did our midfield create in the way of crosses, through balls etc? No-one has given a direct answer at all!

Our midfield is :censored:e. It has been :censored:e all season. If you cannot see that when a Burton reserve comes in and plays infinately better than the rest of them, Well!

Player of the year, mate...

Is it not the job of the manager & coaching staff to develop players we can afford to sign into better players than we can afford to sign?

Obviously it is-for any club. That isnt the topic of this discussion.

I am merely pointing out that our midfield provide nothing for our strikers and that perhaps it is the midfield that is the major problem.

Until our strikers start missing chances I am not willing to jump on that bandwagon! I dont think we can even judge them yet-the service is abysmal

There were so many times in the second half yesterday that a pass into the area was on and the midfield didnt even try to make it!

Bury dealt with us easily and they werent even that good.

you asked When we got a cross into the box

I answered.

Did we thread any through balls to our strikers no we didn't

I had quoted that cross by Forte myself-You seemed to think Kelly should get some credit for heading it wide!

I also quoted a cross in the 2nd half from Poleon to Forte at the near post.

We played 2 up front and the best 2 crosses came from them! It doesnt answer my point about our midfield being :censored:e!

But credit-you now answer 1 of my points-there were no through balls!

I had quoted that cross by Forte myself-You seemed to think Kelly should get some credit for heading it wide!

I also quoted a cross in the 2nd half from Poleon to Forte at the near post.

We played 2 up front and the best 2 crosses came from them! It doesnt answer my point about our midfield being :censored:e!

But credit-you now answer 1 of my points-there were no through balls!

Can't remember the last time I saw a through ball!!

Can't remember the last time I saw a through ball!!

With Forte back in the side we should be seeing them all the time. He's a master of ghosting in off the wing behind his full back. Surely Palmer and Jones can make some telling contributions in that sense.

He was totally ineffective against Bury but was played central.....when he came on the week before against Millwall he terrorised them from wide for half an hour.

That's where he should play week in week out and from where he scored all his goals last season!