FT: Oldham 0 Bury 1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We created some great chances, attacked them, played more direct, looked dangerous for about 80 of the 90. Big improvements. Missed some easy chances. Play like that every week the wins will start coming. Aren't coming up against 2 strikers that big and strong each week. One new CB and we will not be a bad side

We lost because of another stupid defensive mistake, I had already resigned myself to the fact we are going down, my biggest gripe about today was the 2 footed challenge off the ground by the Bury player in the 2nd half, only a yellow?

Edited by disjointed

We were the better side but that means :censored: all.

We need 10 performances like Bury's today.

We also need a Peter Clarke, Tom Pope & Leon Clarke.

Was really impressed with Palmer...the bloke infront of me couldn't get his head round the fact that our "best player was a loanee from :censored:in Burton"

I really think we're down now. A losing mentality has well and truly set in.

This.

Play well and we lose, which we arguably have done for the past few home games. That's when you know you're doomed.

If Shez gets this gutless bunch out of it we should name the stand after him.

Dross from start to finish. Utter awful! I think today (especially with shrewsbury winning), pretty much confides us to an impossible challenge!

Only decent shout out is for that Palmer, looked great!

If you're saying that was dross and utter awful what have you been watching all season? Finally we've attacked a team for the majority of the game. Some people amaze me

Had we scored they would have scored again as easily as they did after 9 minutes. They set up 2 banks of 4 and were happy to sit as long as it was 1-0...... Even then they had the 2 best chances of the second half

....and this lot have lost their last 4 league games and their last 7 away!

Much better today, we showed attacking intent from the off. Nothing between the teams really apart from yet another massive defensive clanger!! Plenty off effort but no question we need some quality injecting into that side.

As has been posted earlier, I think the losing mentality has set in now and it's hard to see how we can change that.

Much better today, we showed attacking intent from the off. Nothing between the teams really apart from yet another massive defensive clanger!! Plenty off effort but no question we need some quality injecting into that side.

As has been posted earlier, I think the losing mentality has set in now and it's hard to see how we can change that.

Have to agree with that.

The only other thing I would add is that whilst the effort is improving, there seems to be a distinct lack of passion for the 'shirt' - whether that's part of the losing mentality or the short-term contract aspect for some of the players I don't know. Either way I never feel that I'm watching an Oldham team but rather a collection of footballers who just happen to be wearing an Oldham shirt.

Have to agree with that.

The only other thing I would add is that whilst the effort is improving, there seems to be a distinct lack of passion for the 'shirt' - whether that's part of the losing mentality or the short-term contract aspect for some of the players I don't know. Either way I never feel that I'm watching an Oldham team but rather a collection of footballers who just happen to be wearing an Oldham shirt.

I've never seen an Oldham team that has played for the shirt in the 6ish years I've been arsed. They don't exist any longer.

Just glad Shez isn't scared of going for games

No pressure on him to keep us up for me. It's a rebuilding job now ready for a stint in league 2

I still thought we'd stay up before today (mainly because we always seem to get out of it).

After that and after having a more in depth look at the table, it would appear we're :censored:ed.

Thought today was a decent effort. Too little, too late to save this season, though.

Should have had a penalty, their 'keeper played a blinder....thought we could have moved the ball a bit quicker at times, taking two or three touches when one would have got us into a better position faster.

Palmer looked good and Dieng was solid. All irrelevant though, probably and we might need to start thinking about building for next season in League Two sooner rather than later.