FT: Oldham 0 Bury 1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

The one appeal I would make is for Latics fans to pull together and stand by the club no matter what. Shez's arrival pulled in an extra 1,000 home fans over and above the hard-core we have been getting of late. Laugh in the face of adversity and let's show some of these other clubs what true, loyal support is. We've been down in the dumps before - we will rise again. Shez will put it right eventually - I trust him to do so. So, stay with us - PLEASE

We are clearly going down.

That is on us and nobody else.

We are weak as piss and can be bullied - particularly defensively...... but that does not mean that it is acceptable to rewrite the rules of the game.

He clearly got big decisions wrong - and more worryingly had no appetite to make them. Trying to keep 22 players on the pitch and not be the central figure in the game is all well and good - but not at the expense of the rules.

It is not his job to lament how weak we are - It is his job to administer the rules as they are clearly laid out in the laws of the game. I would love to hear his justification of how he failed to do so.

The one appeal I would make is for Latics fans to pull together and stand by the club no matter what. Shez's arrival pulled in an extra 1,000 home fans over and above the hard-core we have been getting of late. Laugh in the face of adversity and let's show some of these other clubs what true, loyal support is. We've been down in the dumps before - we will rise again. Shez will put it right eventually - I trust him to do so. So, stay with us - PLEASE

Arse

Why isn't Vassell given a chance, can't be as weak at these two centre backs can he?

Throwing a youngster with no first team experience in, just because nothing else is working, isn't the answer. Obviously, if he looks better than the rest in training, then by all means... It's not like they can have a look at him in the reserves though, is it?

Throwing a youngster with no first team experience in, just because nothing else is working, isn't the answer. Obviously, if he looks better than the rest in training, then by all means... It's not like they can have a look at him in the reserves though, is it?

Can I ask why we signed him then.

Can I ask why we signed him then.

Do you really need to? Because he's shown potential. Because the club think he'll develop into a good player. Right now he's 18 with zero experience of senior football. Pinning our hopes on him would be a massive gamble.

We need to bring in an experienced centre back not throw in a youngster.

Do you really need to? Because he's shown potential. Because the club think he'll develop into a good player. Right now he's 18 with zero experience of senior football. Pinning our hopes on him would be a massive gamble.

We need to bring in an experienced centre back not throw in a youngster.

We have hurt many a player over the years by putting them into the first team too early since coming down from the Prem...

I remember Scott Mcniven getting a tremendous amount of :censored: and stick when he was just a kid, thrown in too young, trying to work miracles as we dived down the leagues... I don't think it helped his development.... I think too much was expected of a young Richard Graham as well... Amongst other players I can remember....

Its remarkable the likes of Scott went on to play 200+ games for us...

I saw Winchester bounce of Clarke. If its the same incident Winchester needs to be stronger.

It was pretty much directly in front of me in Main Stand - Winny was shrugged off like a mild concern .

It's been said before that Winchester is physically weak - but the lack of players who are able to driver robustness runs through the squad. Power and strength are two of the most glaring missing ingredients - certainly through the spine of the team.

Overall a much better performance yesterday, really liked the jettisoning (for most of the game) of the pretty sideways and backwards passing mentality. There were real attempts to play constructive forward passes , and over more than 10 yards. Palmer had an excellent debut, Jones and Kelly looked better, Brian Wilson isn't going to win any awards but is turning his season around. Interestingly the view of those around me was that Poleon worked his socks off and had a decent match .

Would be interesting to see what our budget is compared to Plymouths in L2. Shez built a decent team, as he did with Chesterfield at the same level albeit with a couple of decent players who can through the clubs youth system.

Challenge though is can we offload those on contracts after the summer that we don't need?

It was pretty much directly in front of me in Main Stand - Winny was shrugged off like a mild concern .

It's been said before that Winchester is physically weak - but the lack of players who are able to driver robustness runs through the squad. Power and strength are two of the most glaring missing ingredients - certainly through the spine of the team.

Overall a much better performance yesterday, really liked the jettisoning (for most of the game) of the pretty sideways and backwards passing mentality. There were real attempts to play constructive forward passes , and over more than 10 yards. Palmer had an excellent debut, Jones and Kelly looked better, Brian Wilson isn't going to win any awards but is turning his season around. Interestingly the view of those around me was that Poleon worked his socks off and had a decent match .

Saidthe same about Poloen.First time I've seen him put a shift in. Forte on the the other hand....

Came up especially for Shez's first game and really wish I hadn't bothered. Very few positives to take from that game and for the first time this season I'm resigned to relegation.

Difference between that and the Dunn home games I've seen - very little. Dunn's sides probably took longer to get going, but against Doncaster and Barnsley for example we at least looked like scoring. Yesterday, barring a couple of goal mouth scrambles from set pieces we didn't create any proper chances whatsoever. Except the absolute stonewall penalty for the push on Dieng when he was going to head it into the empty net.

The issue is clearly the players, I don't think anyone can deny that now. Maybe they played a bit more for Johnson because he signed them, or maybe we were only in the top 6 off the back of Forte's purple patch. He dried up, we clung on for a bit despite terrible form, then dropped out of contention and haven't looked like going on a winning run since.

The problem the majority of players have is they need someone to do something for them. They're always looking around to see who's going to help them out. How many times do we lose possession or concede a chance/goal because 2 players both leave the ball? It's pathetic. Far too many of our players are only any good when they've got protection. All our strikers need someone to play off, they can't battle or hold the ball up themselves. Same for Winchester, J Wilson, Dieng, Coleman. They all need looking after - and Kelly can't be everywhere at once. We're weak and we're soft. Special mention for James Wilson yesterday. I don't know what's happened to him, but his game has completely gone, that was one of the worst individual performances I've seen in a long time.

We need a rebuild, but in reality we'll probably only have the budget for 2 new players. It's desperate that we start dominating in both boxes - we're not bad in between, but we are completely unthreatening in both boxes. Higdon would do as the striker, probably the best realistic target for us that I can think of who could do the sort of job we need. Him with Murphy along side and Palmer in behind might see us score more. Defender - who knows? Hopefully there's one out there but it's a big task. But if we get one, Brian Wilson or Dieng could do a job in a CB pair. To stand any chance at all of staying up we need at least 2 quality players in asap. This week will make or break our season. Although, if I'm being realistic, it's broken beyond repair already.

Can't believe people are saying no different to Dunn performances. We tried attacking for the full game. Kelly missed a header from 1 yard out after great work by Forte. Jones free kick pulled a great save from the keeper. Etc etc. We did look like scoring

Actually I'd forgotten about the kelly and forte headers. That's fair enough, we did create 2 chances. Jones is always a threat from free kicks. I'm talking about open play.

It was slightly better in terms of how we approached the game as a whole. But I felt the second half against Doncaster and against Barnsley for that matter were both better than that performance yesterday.

I'm not blaming Shez or defending Dunn. The players are to blame - apart from the odd one, the situation we're in doesn't look like it bothers them at all.

"I know they're going to give me effort, but effort's not good enough is it? "We've got to create opportunities because we've got to score goals to win games.

"It's hard for the supporters, I know it is. We look vulnerable" Shez.

"It was always going to be a tough game but our fans really diffused that." Flitcroft (presumably pissed)

Yesterday, barring a couple of goal mouth scrambles from set pieces we didn't create any proper chances whatsoever.

We have scored 1 goal from open play in 8 games.

We either need to go for it properly and disregard any form of defence - we actually have a good midfield and Murphy is a decent striker, not to forget Forte is back - or bring in defenders and try to strike a balance.

We have scored 1 goal from open play in 8 games.

We either need to go for it properly and disregard any form of defence - we actually have a good midfield

Is the myth of us having a good midfield going to last all season? Its bloody ineffective-no crosses, little running beyond the strikers, no through balls, no goals.

Jones and Kelly have each scored 1 goal each from open play all season.