FT: Oldham 0 Bury 1

Thought we deserved something from the game.Palmer was outstanding for a first game but James Wilson looked frightened to death by their forwards especially Leon Clarke if we are to get anything from this season we definitely need a strong CB as soon as possible hopefully this week

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't fault the glass half full merchants on here, but am I the only one who thought that was wank today? Absolutely :censored: all in the final third again.

I'd resigned myself to going down a few weeks ago, I think the club had better get their heads round it sharpish so it doesn't come as too much of a shock come May.

I can't fault the glass half full merchants on here, but am I the only one who thought that was wank today? Absolutely :censored: all in the final third again.

I'd resigned myself to going down a few weeks ago, I think the club had better get their heads round it sharpish so it doesn't come as too much of a shock come May.

Not wank Dick, lots of huff and puff, we just don't have much if any quality in the key areas.

It was better than your typical Dunn defeat. We genuinely deserved a draw.

Think we played the better football - Bury were your stereotypical "well-organised" First division team.

The ref was also a bell end.

Think we played the better football - Bury were your stereotypical "well-organised" First division team.

Well it wasn't really any better than the Doncaster/Millwall games...

Guest nonaenever

The Millwall game was much better than today - our attacking prowess today was poor - against Millwall second half we looked dangerous for 30 mins and never deserved to lose - usual defensive frailties to blame there too.

I've just got in, so plenty of time to reflect on a piss poor journey home.

Initially frustrated and resigned to another defeat from a crap squad. Now i feel that was actually much better than most home performances. We were the better side. We are crap in the two key areas. However, if Shez can find 3-4 big players, and rally the troops by building on the positives from today, then we might make a fist of it. At the moment, we are down, but there was a glimmer today.

Also, well done Palmer. Nice to see someone make a simple pass without it being an effort.

All about opinions but I thought the ref was one of the better ones I've seen this season

All about opinions but I thought the ref was one of the better ones I've seen this season

I didn't think he was up to much, Bury were consistently fouling in both the 1st and 2nd half, a couple of bookings would have put a stop to this, but he hardly spoke to them, was it 1 booking all game? but the foul count must have been in the 30's.

He shoukd of sent their lad off for the 2 footed lunge on Kelly.

Agree but overall the ref was fair, he let a lot go but then our players should be smart enough to recognise that and adjust their game accordingly, we do seem to get bullied by most teams in this division though.

Agree but overall the ref was fair, he let a lot go but then our players should be smart enough to recognise that and adjust their game accordingly, we do seem to get bullied by most teams in this division though.

Bang on......weak weak side

Guest nonaenever

yes - physically very weak - even fellas that "look the part" (like Cassidy) can't win a header or put himself about a bit. It is like watching men against boys in this respect. A liitle worryingly, the BBC reporter put that to Shez after the game (i.e. Bury more physical does he see any option with signings on that front/) and he disagreed witht he point !!

Come on John - sit up in the stand and get a proper view - we are bullied off it time after time - and have been all season - we need some re-inforced concrete in the side.

Didn't think the ref was that bad. He booked the guy for the challenge on Kelly and I'm not so sure it was a clear red - Kelly jumped up to avoid it so maybe made it look worse. Actually thought the worst decision was to give a free kick for us when Winchester bounced off Leon Clarke. Summed up (one of the many things) what's wrong with our weak team but we got a free kick for it.

Really - The referee decent?

He is there to officiate the game - not to be everybodys best mate. We are weak and entirely squashable - we were also fouled every time on the pitch we beat a Bury player in space (anywhere on the pitch!!)

He set the tone when he didn't book the lad who hauled down Poleon as he beat him a yard outside the box on the left byline. How that is not a booking is beyond the rules and any reasonable explanation.

The tackle on Kelly was red (as Eckersley's in a similar spot should have been a few weeks ago.) He missed a clear penalty when Clarke pushed with two hands on Dieng's (I think) chest when he was waiting to respond to a dropping ball with an open goal.

He got the big decisions wrong and he also allowed clearly orchestrated tactical fouling to influence the flow of the game. He is not the only reason we lost the game, and I don't blame Bury for playing the game in the way he allowed them to, but he was poor - Very poor!!