The cold, hard truth.....

Guest nonaenever

Guest nonaenever

I`ve given myself a couple of hours to reflect after today's match. I`ve not bothered looking at the table, simply because, in my opinion, it's irrelevant - we are going down - guaranteed. I cannot believe some of the people on here who have said that was a good performance and "the wins will come if we play like that". What were you watching? We looked a poor side - and the combined efforts of Poleon, Forte, Murphy, Cassidy didn't actually look as though they would score in a month of Sundays. By far and away our best player was the young lad from Burton - says it all really.

Some of our "efforts" in front of goal (Forte and Wichester in particular) were almost childish in their lack of execution. We have no central defence basically - well not one with any guts or spine. Any team knows they only have to score one goal and then sit back and watch us huff and puff with nil effect. And whenever the opposition just wants to bully us out of the game - they do - because we have a side with nil physical presence.

No, I`m sorry - we just have a very, very poor set of players - I`ll stick by Shez as he goes through a massive re-building process in the bottom tier - he may as well start now and get rid of some of those who should be utterly ashamed to even call themselves professional footballers.

I`ll be at Shrewsbury - Latics are just just in my blood - and it hurts to hear Bury singing "Da da da da da - f ckin useless" - unfortunately as I sat there and watched the usual utter drivel - I had no choice but to agree with them (with just 2 exceptions today - Jones and the young lad from Burton).

I`ve always been a supporter of Simon Corney but it dawned on me today that the lack of PROPER investment on the playing front has led us to this position - we shall be watching 4th division football from a shiny new stand - an absolute crying shame.

It's been a diabolical 12 months no bones about it and whilst Shez was a positive appointment it could just be plaster over a gaping wound if the top down support is as it has been these last 12 months.

The stand running overdue by 12 months has been the killer IMO and is Corneys priority to the footballs detriment.

Don't agree. It all stems from the LACK OF AN EXPERIENCED CENTRE HALF WHO CAN ORGANISE OUR DEFENCE. 16 shots 5 on target and straight at their goalkeeper means we lost but chances were created. Just don't give teams a goal start and it is a different game.

Stay up or go down...I'm just glad Shez is in charge and he'll always go for it right until the whistle.

Corney needs to dig deep if he wants us to stay up....give Shez what he deserves...a team capable of playing the attractive attacking football Shez wants to play....your gambles haven't paid of this season and you've finally signed a manager who can achieve survival for us...but not with the :censored:e in that squad!

Don't agree. It all stems from the LACK OF AN EXPERIENCED CENTRE HALF WHO CAN ORGANISE OUR DEFENCE. 16 shots 5 on target and straight at their goalkeeper means we lost but chances were created. Just don't give teams a goal start and it is a different game.

Them shot stats don't suggest centre half is the position we need to improve most...

We're as good as down, I accept that, but can't Forte and Murphy provide us with the goals for a dignified relegation?

How many of our 20-odd games have they both played? Alongiside a brute such as Higdon surely these two will contribute a few - at least enough so we aren't lowest scorers...

Centre-back and goalkeeper are still priorities, I believe. If we stopped conceding the first goal in almost every game we play then maybe it won't undermine the confidence of the rest of the side.

Guest nonaenever

yes agree - and as I said I will be encouraging them at Shrewsbury - just needed to get it off my chest - now I`ve accepted relegation I actually fell better.

Shez said on LP in his post match that a CB and Striker are his priority. Seems about spot on from most people have said for quite a few months.

He alluded to trying to sort before before Tuesday, but that seems a tall order and put himself under a bit of pressure by saying that. Unless it is all but sorted.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by singe

Guest nonaenever

People may disagree but I think Forte is a 'one trick pony' - if someone plays a slide rule ball for him, inside the opposition's full back that he can run onto - he is dangerous and might score (as he has a few times in that scenario) - snuff that out though and he looks awful (you watch when the ball is played to his feet - hasn't a clue).

I`ve given myself a couple of hours to reflect after today's match. I`ve not bothered looking at the table, simply because, in my opinion, it's irrelevant - we are going down - guaranteed. I cannot believe some of the people on here who have said that was a good performance and "the wins will come if we play like that". What were you watching? We looked a poor side - and the combined efforts of Poleon, Forte, Murphy, Cassidy didn't actually look as though they would score in a month of Sundays. By far and away our best player was the young lad from Burton - says it all really.

Some of our "efforts" in front of goal (Forte and Wichester in particular) were almost childish in their lack of execution. We have no central defence basically - well not one with any guts or spine. Any team knows they only have to score one goal and then sit back and watch us huff and puff with nil effect. And whenever the opposition just wants to bully us out of the game - they do - because we have a side with nil physical presence.

No, I`m sorry - we just have a very, very poor set of players - I`ll stick by Shez as he goes through a massive re-building process in the bottom tier - he may as well start now and get rid of some of those who should be utterly ashamed to even call themselves professional footballers.

I`ll be at Shrewsbury - Latics are just just in my blood - and it hurts to hear Bury singing "Da da da da da - f ckin useless" - unfortunately as I sat there and watched the usual utter drivel - I had no choice but to agree with them (with just 2 exceptions today - Jones and the young lad from Burton).

I`ve always been a supporter of Simon Corney but it dawned on me today that the lack of PROPER investment on the playing front has led us to this position - we shall be watching 4th division football from a shiny new stand - an absolute crying shame.

Good honest assessment....glad to see you are keeping the faith but under no disillusionment.

People may disagree but I think Forte is a 'one trick pony' - if someone plays a slide rule ball for him, inside the opposition's full back that he can run onto - he is dangerous and might score (as he has a few times in that scenario) - snuff that out though and he looks awful (you watch when the ball is played to his feet - hasn't a clue).

He's never a striker but we knew that 12 months ago.

Fortes scoring spell seems such a long time ago.

It struck me today how physically weak our players look. No upper body strength.

Most of those Bury players played extra time & pens with 10men midweek.

Our lads had a rest but still looked weak. I know the early goal changes everything but my first game in new stand today & at pitch level it stood out.

Forte looked disinterested today James Wilson was frightened to death by Leon Clarke I agree Palmer and Jones gave their all but we look shot shy and try to walk it in.Definitely need a big CB who will command the back four

This is irrelevant now unless he is also going to score 12 goals.

you are bang on bud, it will be sad watching 4th division :censored:e. But this is what corney an Coe have dragged us down to!!

you are bang on bud, it will be sad watching 4th division :censored:e. But this is what corney an Coe have dragged us down to!!

What ..... Lord Seb Coe? Never knew he was at Owdum!

As an outsider looking in, if you don't mind, you need a "King of the Box' at BOTH ends...

You look OK box to box .... it's when you get in the box(es) when it goes wrong?

Problem is everybody else is looking for those players too ... as a player, would you want to join a struggling side this late in the season and risk a relegation on your CV ?

I'd like to say 'You'll be all right!' , but ..... ?

The one thing in your favour is Sheridan .. I think you have recruited the right guy to dig you out .. I hope he saves you.