The cold, hard truth.....

Guest nonaenever

Guest nonaenever

What ..... Lord Seb Coe? Never knew he was at Owdum!

As an outsider looking in, if you don't mind, you need a "King of the Box' at BOTH ends...

You look OK box to box .... it's when you get in the box(es) when it goes wrong?

Problem is everybody else is looking for those players too ... as a player, would you want to join a struggling side this late in the season and risk a relegation on your CV ?

I'd like to say 'You'll be all right!' , but ..... ?

The one thing in your favour is Sheridan .. I think you have recruited the right guy to dig you out .. I hope he saves you.

Correct about the Kings of both boxes - thanks for the kind sentiments but those who have watched us for a long time know we are going down - it's been 'in the air' all season - instinct just tells you.

What ..... Lord Seb Coe? Never knew he was at Owdum!

As an outsider looking in, if you don't mind, you need a "King of the Box' at BOTH ends...

You look OK box to box .... it's when you get in the box(es) when it goes wrong?

Problem is everybody else is looking for those players too ... as a player, would you want to join a struggling side this late in the season and risk a relegation on your CV ?

I'd like to say 'You'll be all right!' , but ..... ?

The one thing in your favour is Sheridan .. I think you have recruited the right guy to dig you out .. I hope he saves you.

no time for jokes, do one an shake your buckets

We have no chance of staying up. The team are powderpuff don't win enough tackles or get in where it hurts.although I don't condone Bury's constant fouling,today we hardly committed a foul which is an inevitable consequence of a committed physical approach that we don't have.

I'm clinging on to perhaps history might repeat itself.....didn't we lose the first x3

games with Sheridan 1-0 and then went crazy good and went top of the league....? Yeah....that's what's gonna happen....!

We were bottom after 5. Then Porter came in and started scoring and we went on a run a few signings in key areas and we can climb the mountain but that means the board going the extra mile to solve the problems that they have created.

Speaking of cold hard truths...

We're now joint lowest scorers in the league with Bradford. Who themselves are 3rd behind Walsall and Burton for goals against.

As someone else mentioned in a previous post on this thread, relegation with goal-scoring dignity might end up being the height of our ambitions.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Not sure it's necessarily the lack of funding from SC but in essence the two managerial appointments that have killed us.

Think that whilst poor to average, the squad with a good manager would likely have competed (LJ had a lot of the same team) and probably finished with our standard 55-59 points total.

Confident that JS can get that sort of return until the end of the season on a pro rata basis from them, but unfortunately not the 1.5+ points per game we need from here on in.

He will have made them with best intentions, but whilst Dickov, LJ etc gambles mostly worked - Kelly didn't and then it needed a decisive experienced manager next to stop the rot.

Never seen us in the bottom tier - and if we can go down and be competitive and come back up in a few seasons it might be for the long term a good thing (club hasn't had success for quarter of a century), but the Tranmere / Stockport type scenario is one that doesn't bare thinking about.

That said Shez conjors up 2 wins in the next couple of games and we will all be looking at the table and hoping...

We have 21 points from 26 games.

We need another 30 points from the last 20 games to guarantee safety.

Bury had 30 points from the first 20 games this season, and were 10th.

Latics need the form of a team in 10th place (currently Bradford) for the rest of the season.

Play around with http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-one/2015-2016/custom-table for further stats!