Question for the Trust

Is it unreasonable for our fans representitive who is also a Director at the Football Club to establish the Ins and Outs of the issues surrounding the OEC, I think its important as a fan to know what revenue is going towards supporting the football team and the arrangement we have as a club with the seperate company that is OEC, there is already speculation and rumour galore so would it not just be easier for the Club/Trust to clarify, I as a season ticket holder in the new stand want to know where my season ticket money and matchday spend is being directed especially before I commit my money again for next season.

Is it unreasonable for our fans representitive who is also a Director at the Football Club to establish the Ins and Outs of the issues surrounding the OEC, No it is not unreasonable for our fans representative to establish the ins and outs.

I think its important as a fan to know what revenue is going towards supporting the football team and the arrangement we have as a club with the seperate company that is OEC, I disagree

there is already speculation and rumour galore so would it not just be easier for the Club/Trust to clarify, yes, the Trust can release a statement saying they are happy with the arrangement (or not) without releasing commercially confidential information.

I as a season ticket holder in the new stand want to know where my season ticket money and matchday spend is being directed especially before I commit my money again for next season. The club will put 11 players on the pitch as usual, money will be spent on wages for them and a manager. What else have you known in the past?

Edited by blueatheart

Hello Yarddog, apologies as I nearly missed your questions as usually posted in the above pinned Trust Thread so they don't move down on this one into oblivion

I will log the questions for you and get an answer as soon as I can as I know we have not confirmed our next fans meeting yet.

Edited by underdog

Is it unreasonable for our fans representitive who is also a Director at the Football Club to establish the Ins and Outs of the issues surrounding the OEC, No it is not unreasonable for our fans representative to establish the ins and outs.

I think its important as a fan to know what revenue is going towards supporting the football team and the arrangement we have as a club with the seperate company that is OEC, I disagree

there is already speculation and rumour galore so would it not just be easier for the Club/Trust to clarify, yes, the Trust can release a statement saying they are happy with the arrangement (or not) without releasing commercially confidential information.

I as a season ticket holder in the new stand want to know where my season ticket money and matchday spend is being directed especially before I commit my money again for next season. The club will put 11 players on the pitch as usual, money will be spent on wages for them and a manager. What else have you known in the past?

Anyone would think you had a vested interest the way you try and defend the way the clubs being badly run.

Hello Yarddog, apologies as I nearly missed this as question as usually posted in the above pinned Trust Thread so they don't move down on this one into oblivion

I will log the question for you and get an answer as soon as I can as I know we have not confirmed our next fans meeting yet.

Thanks very much.

Just bored of idle conspiracy :censored:e with more holes than swiss cheese.

We have a fan on the board lets ask for some answers, its part of the reason we have the elected position isn't it? Currently our clubs finances can be best described as murky and having representation which came at a price was partly to safeguard against this.

We have a fan on the board lets ask for some answers, its part of the reason we have the elected position isn't it? Currently our clubs finances can be best described as murky and having representation which came at a price was partly to safeguard against this.

I totally agree with that but I also believe in commercial confidence.

The Trust should hold the club to account and the fans should hold the Trust to account. That doesn't mean the fans are entitled to a copy of individual player contracts like some on here would like to see.

The Trust should hold the club to account and the fans should hold the Trust to account. That doesn't mean the fans are entitled to a copy of individual player contracts like some on here would like to see.

It's strange though we know for example

how much Nurses salaries are by grade, yet footballers are somehow top secret.

Having said that in that some cases players wages are known, as in the case of many in the Premiership.

Edited by BP1960

It's strange though we know for example

how much Nurses salaries are by grade, yet footballers are top secret.

Having said that in that some cases players wages are known, as in the case of many in the Premiership.

We're not taxed to pay footballers wages

Edited by HarryBosch

If I spend £50 pre match in the 1895 bar (when it opens) at inflated prices I 'd like to think the profit from that would go towards running the Football Club, reading some posts on here and listening to fellow fans there seems to be dispute as to where any revenue raised in OEC goes, I don't think as a paying customer its unreasonable to know.

Hello Yarddog, apologies as I nearly missed your questions as usually posted in the above pinned Trust Thread so they don't move down on this one into oblivion

I will log the questions for you and get an answer as soon as I can as I know we have not confirmed our next fans meeting yet.

Hi Underdog, can I pick up on the request if there are ever Youth team players released on cost grounds rather than football reasons, and whether this is something Playershare could look into.

I asked Simon Brooke on Twitter last night and he said he beleived so, but I'd like to know for certain.

Could we give borderline Youth players a chance?

If I spend £50 pre match in the 1895 bar (when it opens) at inflated prices I 'd like to think the profit from that would go towards running the Football Club, reading some posts on here and listening to fellow fans there seems to be dispute as to where any revenue raised in OEC goes, I don't think as a paying customer its unreasonable to know.

It will go to the same place it goes now, the lads.

Hi Underdog, can I pick up on the request if there are ever Youth team players released on cost grounds rather than football reasons, and whether this is something Playershare could look into.

I asked Simon Brooke on Twitter last night and he said he beleived so, but I'd like to know for certain.

Could we give borderline Youth players a chance?

I'm wondering this Singe, we now have a youth team playing exciting football and having a great run in the FA youth cup, but how can they develop? Some youths have never had a look in due to lack of games. (Danny Byrnes for example).

Could Playershare use some funds toward their development in future by bringing back the reserve team and contributing to the costs of playing in a suitable all age league?

Put like that I agree

It will go to the same place it goes now, the lads.

Are these the lads who own the OEC and Brassbank, Blitz and Gazal.

Some think they also own the new stand as well or even the whole ground, who-knows - I think the supporters should.

Blitz, Corney and Gazal invested 6 million into the club to save it from oblivion. If the trade off was the land around then so be it. So long as we have a club and a team to support then I am grateful. Times may be hard at the moment but we are not unique; many clubs are struggling. It is Sky and the unfair share of tv revenue that is killing football in the lower league. It is not a lack of investment from a chairman doing his best to support a struggling club with his own money.