What happened to...

...Neil Joy's promise about communication between club and fans? This was one of his points he raised on GMR. It's 12 hours since the transfer window shut and already the rumours are flowing, ie "Tarky's sell-on clause sold", which I don't believe. Seems like the club's fallen straight back into it's old ways already.

...Neil Joy's promise about communication between club and fans? This was one of his points he raised on GMR. It's 12 hours since the transfer window shut and already the rumours are flowing, ie "Tarky's sell-on clause sold", which I don't believe. Seems like the club's fallen straight back into it's old ways already.

It's like a them and us situation.

I've got no sources either way but I've a feeling it's right to believe now.

He lied.

This is not a defence of what appears to have happened, trust me I am as frustrated as everyone else. But...

Tarky was sold for an undisclosed fee. There may have been rumours as to what that was and how it was made up but ultimately we don't know. It would actually be very strange to now come out and comment about what the fee was and what we have done with each element of the deal.

That said, we appear to have another example of this club being run with no plan in place. We clearly are living on the edge which is leading to some ridiculous decisions being made. If we are going to offload our better players for peanuts with all the value being placed in a sell on clause, we have to show patience. Some will pay off and others won't but overall you should be better off waiting.

If this money has been spent on the stand it opens up all kinds of questions about who owns what. The club should not be paying for the stand if the ground is owned by Brassbank and we only have a leasehold.

This is not a defence of what appears to have happened, trust me I am as frustrated as everyone else. But...

Tarky was sold for an undisclosed fee. There may have been rumours as to what that was and how it was made up but ultimately we don't know. It would actually be very strange to now come out and comment about what the fee was and what we have done with each element of the deal.

That said, we appear to have another example of this club being run with no plan in place. We clearly are living on the edge which is leading to some ridiculous decisions being made. If we are going to offload our better players for peanuts with all the value being placed in a sell on clause, we have to show patience. Some will pay off and others won't but overall you should be better off waiting.

If this money has been spent on the stand it opens up all kinds of questions about who owns what. The club should not be paying for the stand if the ground is owned by Brassbank and we only have a leasehold.

The irony being that, if he has been sold for the amounts being touted and we'd got 20%, it'd have been one of the few occasions when most fans would've held their hands up and said we'd done a good bit of business.

That said, we appear to have another example of this club being run with no plan in place.

Is it not the case that there is a plan - to scrape safety with as little financial outlay as possible - and we as fans just don't like or agree with that plan?

Edited by HarryBosch

The trust have access to the club's accounts surely they can ask the club and if necessary check the accounts. If the club have sold the buy out clause because of financial problems I could live with that but it's the cloak and dagger approach that pisses me off.

We may not be privy to all what goes on at the club and don't expect to be either but fans like to know whether or not windfalls of up to £1m are coming into the club just like the info re SD.com that we were advised of in the close season.

A simple paragraph on the website explaining the situation would have been appropriate but instead they let fans and the media speculate about a non-existent windfall for weeks on end and then after the event we find we're getting sweet FA!!

Neil Joy, only last week apologised to supporters for an horrendous year and that the intention from within the club was to improve communication with the fans.

No change there then!!!

Is it not the case that there is a plan - to scrape safety with as little financial outlay as possible - and we as fans just don't like or agree with that plan?

To be fair, I should have put long term plan.

I agree that you have probably outlined the plan perfectly but that is certainly not a long term plan. There are only so many times that you can scrape safety.

I got shot down about a year ago for questioning why the stand had gone up in cost by 50% and whether there would be sufficient return to cover the increase.

So many people chanted "we've got a new stand, stop moaning", so I don't know what anyone now expects?

Just smile and say thank you as the club disintegrates.

If I remember his name correctly It's Simon Brooke, he was the one on GMR with Shez and Neil Joy.

If the Tarkowski 'sold-clause' rumour is right then the people who've been saying the football side of the club is secondary and their, by which I mean the suits who are lurking in the background, whoever they may be, only interest is financial self-gain are right and I apologise for doubting them.

The recent positive reaction to the appointment of Shez, the improvement on the pitch, the signing of Gerrard and the win at Shrewsbury is rapidly dissipating and the only people to blame for that are at the club. It's getting harder and harder to 'Keep the Faith'

If I remember his name correctly It's Simon Brooke, he was the one on GMR with Shez and Neil Joy.

If the Tarkowski 'sold-clause' rumour is right then the people who've been saying the football side of the club is secondary and their, by which I mean the suits who are lurking in the background, whoever they may be, only interest is financial self-gain are right and I apologise for doubting them.

The recent positive reaction to the appointment of Shez, the improvement on the pitch, the signing of Gerrard and the win at Shrewsbury is rapidly dissipating and the only people to blame for that are at the club. It's getting harder and harder to 'Keep the Faith'

Ty If the Tarkowski sold clause rumour if true then it is another PR disaster on two fronts

1 Secrecy why was it not disclosed & where did the money go to?

2 Raised fans hopes falsely again thinking funds would be made available to strengthen the squad.

Agree with what you are saying entirely although doesn't it depend what type of leasehold we have in place their is a difference between leasing the building and leasing just the land?

But then again that comes down to communication we don't know what the situation is here and this is creating Suspicion and innuendo we don't know about the Tarky sell on and the reason for it.

For this reason what in essence could be a good scheme of crowdfunding for a new scoreboard will just be a disaster who wants to give people money who they have no trust in.