Millwall (a)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the best way to get to Millwall from Euston?

Obviously we'll be running back.....

(This question is not intended to result in a load of OASIS wankers arguing Harry Enfield style "nooo,,,you don't wanna do that, you wanna do this..." :grin:)

Edited by HarryBosch

(This question is not intended to result in a load of OASIS wankers arguing Harry Enfield style "nooo,,,you don't wanna do that, you wanna do this..." :grin:)

Tube to London Bridge and train to south Bermondsey

Starting in Euston will slow you down, far quicker to stay In a mansion next door to Mrs Thatcher's retirement home and walk it.

Easy. Northern Line (bank branch) to London Bridge. Train to South Bermondsey. Citymapper or Tube Checker are great apps if you need help with London.

The alternative if there's no trains is Victoria line. Change at Green Park for the Jubilee line to Bermondsey. Then there's a 20-minute walk through the biggest :censored:hole in the world.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

No, as mentioned above 20 mins. Then 10 minutes on the overground to the ground.

Ah, that depends though. If you arrive at Euston looking for a ticket machine with a pocket full of coppers and then stop at every escalator and ticket barrier you can easily make an hour of it.

Ah, that depends though. If you arrive at Euston looking for a ticket machine with a pocket full of coppers and then stop at every escalator and ticket barrier you can easily make an hour of it.

Then you've got the bore at London Bridge if you just miss a train and have to wait 15 mins for the next one. It's about 45 mins from Euston to the ground for London virgins.

I'm in a rush to get back that night, mrs says i can only go if i'm back for 9, theres a train at euston at 18:20, should make it back to euston for then shouldn't I?

If you can get from ManPic in half an hour and Branson plays fair you should be reet. It can be a bit slow getting out but should still be OK.

I'm in a rush to get back that night, mrs says i can only go if i'm back for 9, theres a train at euston at 18:20, should make it back to euston for then shouldn't I?

Honestly. I'd say that's risky. Match ends at 5. 10 mins walk to South Bermondsey. They'll hold you in for 20 minutes if we win or if they lose and don't get in the play-offs etc. Then you might have to wait a bit for the train. Only when you get on the train at South Bermondsey can you guarantee Euston in 45 mins. And even then you're banking on reading the signs right in London Bridge, which isn't a given for even the most deliberate and knowledgeable tourist.

It can be done trains at 5:15 from south Bermondsey will get you back in Euston for 5:55

I'm a huge fan of London transport. (Seriously, if Londoners had the public transport you northerners have, there'd be daily riots.)

But South Bermondsey to Euston after the football in 40 minutes is a load of baloney. They stack people at South Bermondsey for one thing. And they might not let you out of the ground until all or most of the knuckledraggers have left the area or are safely back under their rocks.