Millwall (a)

Well that was fun! Millwall fans are low life scum with absolutely no interest in their team or football and the whole experience of going there is like stepping back in time, totally embarrassing really.

Great support as so often but sadly the players have clearly decided their work is done and looked half arsed all game which is pretty disappointing when you've paid 26 quid to get in and spent most of the time being abused by 16 year old Green Street extras.

Croft's weight is a joke, he seems to have put on a pound or two since he waddled around at Southend. The only professional sport he is fit for is darts

I hoped for a bit more effort all round today but to add a bit of conspiracy theory, maybe they know Shez is off ?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was surreal listening to it last night.

I stayed up and tuned in to player out of obligation rather than dedication; the euphoria of avoiding relegation still very prominent. When we went 2-0 down i left it switched on but went back to beer and ping bong. Whilst there is obviously still a care factor, my mate told me that the fear factor had completely gone. On to next season. Although I will still be logging in for the Coventry game!

Poor game what I could remember. Players look like they where on their holidays. Fans couldn't be bothered most pissed up having a laugh. Us and a few others left to get the 16:44 after snnouncements south Bermondsey was shut very misleading

Yes thought that was very poor from the Millwall announcer.That station is used by 95% of away fans yet he announced it was shut when in fact it's only shut to home fans.Didnt fall for it as my trusty friend Google told me to cool my boots.

Very poor performance yesterday,Forte needs shooting after his misses & Poleon...wow.Can Croft get any fatter? Found the Millwall 'hardmen' very amusing at fulltime - how lame can you get?Presume there was some fisticuffs somewhere as Im sure some of those Hibs fans in our end didnt come down to London for the sights.Strange hobby but whatever floats your boat

Still enjoyed the day as it's always nice to be amongst my own people & I'll be chuckling about the fearsome pitch invasion for a while yet

One last note...while it's all well & good singing we're forever blowing bubbles to wind them up no Oldham fan should ever sing the word United,hang your heads in shame

On a day when the official oafc Twitter account congratulated Wigan (who are LaticsOfficial or some such name) on their promotion, nothing surprised me.

Yes thought that was very poor from the Millwall announcer.That station is used by 95% of away fans yet he announced it was shut when in fact it's only shut to home fans.Didnt fall for it as my trusty friend Google told me to cool my boots.

Very poor performance yesterday,Forte needs shooting after his misses & Poleon...wow.Can Croft get any fatter? Found the Millwall 'hardmen' very amusing at fulltime - how lame can you get?Presume there was some fisticuffs somewhere as Im sure some of those Hibs fans in our end didnt come down to London for the sights.Strange hobby but whatever floats your boat

Still enjoyed the day as it's always nice to be amongst my own people & I'll be chuckling about the fearsome pitch invasion for a while yet

Oldham's 'firm' have been calling on for weeks...why else do you think nearly 600 fans were there? They fancy themselves as an up and coming mob, cos they've been giving it the biggun with the English Defence League.

By 'hard men' do you men the 10-16 years olds who run on the pitch at most clubs at the last home game of the season? Meanwhile your own pound life (disaffected, Muslim hating, white lads from a dead end town) were getting their heads kicked in by Millwall's White, black, Polish and Turkish 'yoof' while the old Bushwackers were down the pub.

21st century football hooliganism aye!

Btw I have a small soft spot for the real Latics - have a mate who used to be a regular at Boundary Park, before moving down here. He was always in trouble. Proper decent bloke though. Hopefully you lot get him a promotion soon. He spent the afternoon in the pub with the older Millwall lot - says it's too painful to watch these days.

One last note...while it's all well & good singing we're forever blowing bubbles to wind them up no Oldham fan should ever sing the word United,hang your heads in shame

I didn't think it was a wind up...I thought it was another group of northerners showing their in-depth knowledge of the eastend and Millwall's roots..

Millwall are the only club to have ever played in the proper eastend, with fans still in the working class communities of Stepney, Millwall, Wapping etc. and Forever Blowing Bubbles is a traditional eastend song. We find it quite amusing that a team from the east London suburbs, who draw much of their support from the east London / Essex borders have adopted it as their anthem.

I thought you making fun of them!

I didn't think it was a wind up...I thought it was another group of northerners showing their in-depth knowledge of the eastend and Millwall's roots..

Millwall are the only club to have ever played in the proper eastend, with fans still in the working class communities of Stepney, Millwall, Wapping etc. and Forever Blowing Bubbles is a traditional eastend song. We find it quite amusing that a team from the east London suburbs, who draw much of their support from the east London / Essex borders have adopted it as their anthem.

I thought you making fun of them!

Unless I'm mistaken, West Ham adopted I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles in reference to a blond curly haired player they had in years gone by, not directly to do with East End tradition. I could be wrong, of course, but I'm sure I've read it somewhere.

Once the final whistle went, I just buggered off for the train, so God knows what the Millwall muppets got up to during the pitch "invasion" but it did stop our players coming over to acknowledge us.

God knows what they'll get up to in the play offs and, heaven forbid, Wembley.

Edited by Bristolatic

Unless I'm mistaken, West Ham adopted I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles in reference to a blond curly haired player they had in years gone by, not directly to do with East End tradition. I could be wrong, of course, but I'm sure I've read it somewhere.

Clyde Best ? :smoking:

:getmecoat:

Edited by Stagger Lee

Once the final whistle went, I just buggered off for the train, so God knows what the Millwall muppets got up to during the pitch "invasion" but it did stop our players coming over to acknowledge us.

God knows what they'll get up to in the play offs and, heaven forbid, Wembley.

No - they adopted it in the same way Palace have started this 'south London is ours' nonsense...out of insecurity (Croydon was only made a greater London borough in 1965, and Palace are historically & spiritually a Surrey club).

It's weird this demonisation of a few hundred kids running onto the pitch to celebrate end of season. I doubt many 14 years olds think 'don't go on, as the Oldham players won't be able to acknowledge their fans in that weird ritual of pretending to give a :censored:'.

No - they adopted it in the same way Palace have started this 'south London is ours' nonsense...out of insecurity (Croydon was only made a greater London borough in 1965, and Palace are historically & spiritually a Surrey club).

It's weird this demonisation of a few hundred kids running onto the pitch to celebrate end of season. I doubt many 14 years olds think 'don't go on, as the Oldham players won't be able to acknowledge their fans in that weird ritual of pretending to give a :censored:'.

Last time I was in Croydon (non football related) we found ourselves in a pub with the Palace firm. They were singing songs about all the timesthey've ran Millwall. Edited by leeslover

this

and lets have a bit of a reality check here.... a hundred spotty oiks playing at being extras from the football factory is a far cry away from the absolute unpleasantness of the Old Den bitd.....from what I can gather...the only dig anyone received was the one the kids gave Gerrard for being a cocky loud mouthed scouse prick.

:coffee1:

this

and lets have a bit of a reality check here.... a hundred spotty oiks playing at being extras from the football factory is a far cry away from the absolute unpleasantness of the Old Den bitd.....from what I can gather...the only dig anyone received was the one the kids gave Gerrard for being a cocky loud mouthed scouse prick.

:coffee1:

I watched us at the old place twice in the 80's & decided that was it for me there.First visit to the new one & impressed with the set up keeping the fans apart outside the ground & at the railway station.Unless you're looking for bother youre as safe as houses - the only time you come into contact is the 1 stop journey from London Bridge & even then the average fan is a lot more civilised nowadays

Still laughing to myself about the grown men on the pitch amongst the youngsters.That div in the blue jumper particularly.No wonder Millwall fans have popped up on here,they must be well embarrassed about their precious reputation.If another club did it to them they'd be wetting themselves Im sure.