League One Player of the Season

Dack at Gillingham had three good halves against us.

Then got bullied by a midget (Palmer) in his fourth :wink:

Just for comparison sake, had the season only begun in January, would any of our current lot be in the running?

Palmer?

Gerrard? Been an absolute rock. Best defender we've had since Gregan.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Tarky

I had thought someone might say Tarky :wink:

I'd say Tarky is a better player now he's moved on. Actually while at Oldham tho...for me, Gerrard shades it defensively...although Tarky had a goal or two in him. Just feel Gerrard is a more solid defender. It's a close one between the two.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I'd say Tarky is a better player now he's moved on. Actually while at Oldham tho...for me, Gerrard shades it defensively...although Tarky had a goal or two in him. Just feel Gerrard is a more solid defender. It's a close one between the two.

lol-gif-36.gif

Tarky was absolutely spectacular. A centre half made the games more enjoyable. Liverpool brought Suarez on to stop him running through their midfield!!!

I can forgive him for the odd mistake when bringing it out of defence and ending up fouling one of their players ending in an avoidable yellow card.

Gerrard's done a mint job for us, but there's no chance he's better than Tarky (now or then)

Tarky was absolutely spectacular. A centre half made the games more enjoyable. Liverpool brought Suarez on to stop him running through their midfield!!!

I can forgive him for the odd mistake when bringing it out of defence and ending up fouling one of their players ending in an avoidable yellow card.

Gerrard's done a mint job for us, but there's no chance he's better than Tarky (now or then)

And yet there were plenty of folk who thought he was overrated, slated him aplenty and delighted we took the money. I wasn't one of those and often defended him. However, I could see his faults too. A very good player for us. As is Gerrard...like I say, a close call but for me I prefer Gerrard.

EDIT:

I think this following quote on here sums up perfectly what I'm trying to say...

If anyone at the start of the season had told me we would even be discussing selling Tarky for more than 500k I would've laughed at them.

I can't believe how much he's come on in the last 6 months and I think the next 18 months are key to him. He could definitely develop into a strong championship player and maybe even break into the Premier League if he carries on as he has.

I think he's worth a punt from a Championship team at 500k, he could make them back 10 times that in a few years if he keeps on developing as he has the last 6 months.

Edited by boundaryblue80

And yet there were plenty of folk who thought he was overrated, slated him aplenty and delighted we took the money. I wasn't one of those and often defended him. However, I could see his faults too. A very good player for us. As is Gerrard...like I say, a close call but for me I prefer Gerrard.

EDIT: I think this following quote on here sums up perfectly what I'm trying to say...

Yes it used to make me laugh when fans said keep MVoto instead of Tarky but there were plenty on here who wanted us to keep Wesolowski and still rate Winchester as being Premier League bound. Coleman is a direct comparison to Tarky and a few still want him replacing.

You talk a lot of sense but I would rather have Tarky with 1 leg than Gerrard

Can't argue with Gerrard's record, but Tarky had that air of class about him just before he left. Was thoroughly dominant.

Was reading the Walsall forum the other day and one or two on there that came to BP thought Sawyers was ineffective.

If that was a crap performance from him, I'm glad we didn't face him in form!

I think he was being asked to play a lot deeper than usual - normally he's further up the pitch.