More trouble at Blackpool

kinda shows some of the negative aspects of all the money etc that goes with the premier league .. well that's how I see it .. causes a ticking time bomb and in their case a drop from the championship followed my a drop into L2. I suppose what I'm trying to say is who's to say that the same won't happen to Bolton if they don't get their act together PDQ?

That's also what I'm hoping Shez is thinking lol

Blackpool are pretty much a unique case IMO. At least for a team like Bolton the intentions of the people in charge we're fair, despite the management of the finances being very poor.

As far as I'm aware Blackpool aren't in any obvious short-term financial peril because the Oyston's have the money to keep the club afloat, keeping the FA and FL off their backs. The trouble is that the Oyston's seem hell-bent on getting some sort of revenge on the fans and want to let the club drop as far as possible. I really can't think of a situation like it.

My ideal scenario is for Walsall to put 6 past Fleetwood, then for Donny to beat Burton and Blackpool to win at Peterborough...only for Fleetwood, two down against Crewe with three minutes to go, to equalise in the fourth minute of stoppage time thus sending both Blackpool and Donny down. That would complete my weekend. That and Walsall beating Port Vale which would in turn pip Burton for the other auto.

If only I could get odds on that...

Edited by L1onheartNew

The one thing I can't understand in all this is why therefore pay £75,000 for Danny P if the Oystons are so hell bent on sending them down to the Conference. Was talking to a Donkey Lasher the other day on the subject and he couldn't answer it. Surely, if you're ruining them then just play kids every game and get tonked every game. Spend the least possible. Watch your plan unfold. All a very bizarre situation and a shame the FA can't learn from the Chester/Stockport/Hereford scenarios.

The one thing I can't understand in all this is why therefore pay £75,000 for Danny P if the Oystons are so hell bent on sending them down to the Conference. Was talking to a Donkey Lasher the other day on the subject and he couldn't answer it. Surely, if you're ruining them then just play kids every game and get tonked every game. Spend the least possible. Watch your plan unfold. All a very bizarre situation and a shame the FA can't learn from the Chester/Stockport/Hereford scenarios.

Yeah either 200k or 250k for a striker at the start of the season as well.

When I mention to lasher fans I know that plenty of clubs in league 1 would die to spend that kind of money on a striker that bagged 20 goals the previous year they dont comprehand that they have spent some money this year. They want to be spending million though and they cant see passed that.

I haven't read up on this in any detail but, by making this claim, aren't the Oystons basically admitting that they allowed money which they reasonably suspected was laundered to go into the club they owned?

Sounds like it could backfire a bit.

Perhaps he was worried the kids might turn out to be decent and he wanted to make sure?

Surely, if you're ruining them then just play kids every game and get tonked every game. Spend the least possible. Watch your plan unfold.

Surely the real way to ruin a club is keep Darren Kelly in charge for four seasons? We tried it for ten matches and it virtually destroyed us.

Surely the real way to ruin a club is keep Darren Kelly in charge for four seasons? We tried it for ten matches and it virtually destroyed us.

I was beginning to think that no one would post the above. Thank you for restoring my faith

On their forum a poster has suggested that Danny P has been offered back to us on a free transfer so they don't have to pay any more instalments on him.

Of course it's highly likely that posters on their site "in the know" are as reliable as the ones on here who also claim to be :grin:

On their forum a poster has suggested that Danny P has been offered back to us on a free transfer so they don't have to pay any more instalments on him.

Of course it's highly likely that posters on their site "in the know" are as reliable as the ones on here who also claim to be :grin:

Wasn't our negotiating point no instalments, cash up front?

Please...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Blackpool supporting mate reckons most have settled on relegation to bring about regime change.

Also, last seasons season tickets were a two year deal and so this seasons crowds are inflated.

Next season will see a mass boycott and much lower crowds, so finance tighter.