The King is dead...... long live the King (and a financial offer to the club)

Guest nonaenever

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's certainly rich from you!!

I'm sure you'll back that sort of ridiculous outlandish statement up with some kind of evidence like you normally do when asked?

Edited by palmer1

Stop talking bollocks, cuts the budget year on year and has brain washed our fan base into thinking 17th is some sort of achievement, all this backing managers is bull:censored:, he's done the absolute bare minimum with regards the playing staff and managed by the skin of his teeth to get away with it - so far.

Take your own advise pal...

Well let's see where we are in 6 months then eh, if we are bobbing along mid table with an adequate manager, a full squad of players who are paid on a regular basis and a pitch fit to play on I will retract what I said.Doubt it though.

Well let's see where we are in 6 months then eh, if we are bobbing along mid table with an adequate manager, a full squad of players who are paid on a regular basis and a pitch fit to play on I will retract what I said.Doubt it though.

Where do you think we'll be in 6 months? Administration?

We played about 2 games at home in 2 months last winter and the pitch was :censored:ed, it's nothing to do with the weather all the local park pitches saw more games and held up better, it has been allowed to degenerate in the same way the team has.

Where's the evidence to support that Corney actually gives two flying :censored:s about the playing side of his businesses then, I see a lot with their feet hanging out of his arse defending the man so can I ask why you have this blind loyalty.

You seem to constant be trying to prove you hate Corney more than anyone else, and repeatedly reference his arse.

I know what Freud and others would deduce.....

I in no way hate Corney, but yarddog73 is absolutely right with most of his points in this thread.

Why is everyone rimming Corney for doing the absolute bare minimum?

Bringing in Shez which, although turned out to be an unbelievable move in terms of turning our fortunes around, won't have been on much given he was brought in from Newport County and has now landed himself a dream job back in the basement of the football league.

Palmer - turned out to be a cracking little footballer but an academy product from a club in League 2 last year. Will be on peanuts. More luck on Corney's front and a good eye on Shez's.

Thiele(?) - Again will have been on next to nothing and turned out to be wank anyway.

Gerrard - although he was the rock we needed and we all knew he would be great for us, Corney hardly broke the bank to bring him in realistically. The guy was playing for :censored: all at Shrewsbury (yep, Shrewsbury!!!!) as he couldn't find a club to take him on until desperate little Oldham came along.

The main point is - don't make mind bogglingly stupid decisions like Kelly/Dunn and you won't need to "back the manager" to bring in a few cheap players to save our season.

In fact, don't completely cut the budget for the pitch in a desperate attempt to make an extra few quid to finish off this disaster of a stand we've been promised and we might be able to effectively use our own academy products such as Winchester.

Thing is, I don't disagree with some of yarddog73's points. I think he's right about some things, and I have a lot of concerns about Corney's stewardship. It's just the relentlessly smug and abusive repetition of opinions as facts without any attempt to actually discuss or back things up.

Thing is, I don't disagree with some of yarddog73's points. I think he's right about some things, and I have a lot of concerns about Corney's stewardship. It's just the relentlessly smug and abusive repetition of opinions as facts without any attempt to actually discuss or back things up.

This

That's absolutely fair enough.

I only skim-read the last couple of pages of the thread so haven't looked at his posts in too much detail.

All I see are people defending Corney for killing our club.

People aren't disagreeing on Corney, people just see things I. Two different ways:

1) in a more 'glass half full' manner, that he is maximising the funds and support at his disposal whilst delivering the business case to Blitz and Gazel.

2) in a 'glass half empty' manner, that he is not doing enough to support the football club and is giving us bare minimum in support.

Both in principle agree that the club isn't being supported as much as it needs to be successful. One just suggests it is in Corneys power to do more others believe his hands are tied.

After the red mist and dissapointment of Sheridan leaving has gone i believe option 1 is more realistic. Returning their lost value will always be their number 1 priority, that's what a lot of fans struggle to accept and understand. They will try to keep the club ticking along until they feel comfortable that the longer term revenue drivers are in place.

Fans (and quite rightly so) want much more ambition for their club. Performance and Attendances will keep dropping for as long as budget isn't increased...and that won't happen under this stewardship unless the stand starts generating significant income.