Today's team

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was alright. Put in a few good tackles, needs to work on positional sense of a CM though.

3-5-2/5-3-2 whichever way you want to look at it. Switched to 4-4-2 for last 5/10 minutes.

If we are going to play with the back 3/5 then the outer 2 of the 3 CB's need to be players comfortable moving out to full back so the wing-backs can actually attack.

The midfield 3 will need work aswell, they all pressed at times and Huddersfield was able to walk through the 3 of them. Based on the players contracted, the midfield 3 might need to be Klok, Woodland and then one of Winchester/Flynn as the more attacking one. However, Croft was probably the best of the midfielders we had on the pitch yesterday.

Was Saturday's formation not just dictated by the bodies available?

Was Saturday's formation not just dictated by the bodies available?

Think so, probably 4-4-2 against Preston if Clarke is signed.

Possibly but from what I've read Knight and Byrnes are wingers and he brought them on upfront initially rather than on the wing. Although that could have been because we only had one striker on the bench.

Possibly but from what I've read Knight and Byrnes are wingers and he brought them on upfront initially rather than on the wing. Although that could have been because we only had one striker on the bench.

From what I've been told Knight was a striker but was moved on the wing in the youth system and Byrnes played as an attacking midfielder but was moved out wide also. Could be that Robbo wanted to see if Knight was still a striker.

From what I've been told Knight was a striker but was moved on the wing in the youth system and Byrnes played as an attacking midfielder but was moved out wide also. Could be that Robbo wanted to see if Knight was still a striker.

It appears to me both are wingers at this moment in time.