Cassidy HT talk to fans

We have zero width in the team, not even sure how we are meant to be set up to play but if we are packing the midfield Winchester and Flynn are not the players required, for all the options up front non are anywhere near Holloway or Main and McKay in particular looks poor, weak and very little substance to anything he does, two poor non league centre half's had him in there pocket and bullied him all day long.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't a 'glorfied' come on though. It was unessarry abuse of a player who didn't reach a :censored: pass (one of many) The effort is there and has always been there with Cassidy since day one it just isn't working out for him after a bad injury.

Cassidy did nothing different to any of the forwards who played a part yesterday but he is being singled out because of last season. A season where he had an injury & 4 managers just after a move. How many 90 minutes has he actually played for us? Come to think of it how many real chances has anybody created for him to miss? It wasn't his fault that last season was a sham!

Even Rhys Murphy came off the bench last season and showed something. Cassidy looked like one of the worst players I've ever seen every time he donned the shirt, and that's not an exaggeration. How long will people defend him on the basis of him having an injury?

He works hard: yes, to some extent, but there's no defence of just how appalling at football he was. Of course it was his fault he showed absolutely nothing. There was no lack of support for him when he came back from the injury, either.

Perhaps that sitter at Sheffield United would've turned things around for him, I don't know, but to me it just looks like he's way out of his depth at this level.

It wasn't a 'glorfied' come on though. It was unessarry abuse of a player who didn't reach a :censored: pass (one of many) The effort is there and has always been there with Cassidy since day one it just isn't working out for him after a bad injury.

Cassidy did nothing different to any of the forwards who played a part yesterday but he is being singled out because of last season. A season where he had an injury & 4 managers just after a move. How many 90 minutes has he actually played for us? Come to think of it how many real chances has anybody created for him to miss? It wasn't his fault that last season was a sham!

Have to disagree. Don't think the effort is there. The lad is a big, tall professional athlete that should be fighting to win every header. He won absolutely :censored: all in the air against Preston (who showed us exactly what a team wanting to win their aerial battles looks like) and he won absolutely :censored: all in the air again AFC Fylde, who are a 6th tier, part-time side.

We should be bullying sides like that, winning absolutely every loose ball and aerial battle and we should generally be bombarding their non-league goalkeeper with shots and testing him, trying to run up a decent score to give our front men a good confidence boost going into our next friendly.

You can all say he was feeding on scraps as much as you like but he, as a big man up top, has a role to play in winning his battles and creating a chance or 2 himself. Strikers don't rely solely on being spoon fed their chances.

You make your own luck and if you fight for the ball, you will end up with a chance.

Edit: just want to add that he was far from the only one not putting in an acceptable level of effort. But I can't believe people are saying he was trying out there.

Edited by oafc_lover

Had Cassidy been on trial would you have signed him on his performances so far though?

Even Rhys Murphy came off the bench last season and showed something. Cassidy looked like one of the worst players I've ever seen every time he donned the shirt, and that's not an exaggeration. How long will people defend him on the basis of him having an injury?

He works hard: yes, to some extent, but there's no defence of just how appalling at football he was. Of course it was his fault he showed absolutely nothing. There was no lack of support for him when he came back from the injury, either.

Perhaps that sitter at Sheffield United would've turned things around for him, I don't know, but to me it just looks like he's way out of his depth at this level.

Has Cassidy been given a consistent run if games since that injury in order to prove himself? Whether you agree or not a bad injury and 4 managers in a season can effect a players confidence. A confidence that was obviously fragile when we bought him. We all knew that but he hasn't been given the time despite being here a year. Murphy was given the opportunity but had to leave first to get it.

Have to disagree. Don't think the effort is there. The lad is a big, tall professional athlete that should be fighting to win every header. He won absolutely :censored: all in the air against Preston (who showed us exactly what a team wanting to win their aerial battles looks like) and he won absolutely :censored: all in the air again AFC Fylde, who are a 6th tier, part-time side.

We should be bullying sides like that, winning absolutely every loose ball and aerial battle and we should generally be bombarding their non-league goalkeeper with shots and testing him, trying to run up a decent score to give our front men a good confidence boost going into our next friendly.

You can all say he was feeding on scraps as much as you like but he, as a big man up top, has a role to play in winning his battles and creating a chance or 2 himself. Strikers don't rely solely on being spoon fed their chances.

You make your own luck and if you fight for the ball, you will end up with a chance.

Edit: just want to add that he was far from the only one not putting in an acceptable level of effort. But I can't believe people are saying he was trying out there.

I'm not sure the level you play at decides if you should win physical battles all over the pitch. We had plenty of possession but didn't once put in a decent cross and all the strikers ran the channel and won the ball only up to have to go back 20 yards. You don't often win friendly matches by crickets scores anymore as fitness has improved across the board. Can anyone tell honestly tell me he has done less than the other strikers at the club in the last 3 games. What have they had between them, 3 shots?

Had Cassidy been on trial would you have signed him on his performances so far though?

Id be having doubts about all them? One major thing about him though and this is a bigger problem from the last 12 months. I'm not even sure if he can finish an actual chance. That's 12 months of :censored: footballs fault and a player who probably from memory hasn't been allowed to start and finish 2/3 games on the bounce.

I'm by no means saying he is better than what's been seen but I don't think he's been given the environment to succeed. This same fault could go the same way for Mckay & Erwin if things don't change.

Edited by palmer1

Has Cassidy been given a consistent run if games since that injury in order to prove himself? Whether you agree or not a bad injury and 4 managers in a season can effect a players confidence. A confidence that was obviously fragile when we bought him. We all that but he hasn't been given time despite being here a year. Murphy was given the opportunity but had to leave to get it.

Does he have a divine right to these 90 minutes? He's shown zilch in every appearance since his injury. He hasn't earned his minutes.

I don't doubt injuries and managers haven't helped, but sometimes a player has to take responsibility and he's yet to do that.

Does he have a divine right to these 90 minutes? He's shown zilch in every appearance since his injury. He hasn't earned his minutes.

I don't doubt injuries and managers haven't helped, but sometimes a player has to take responsibility and he's yet to do that.

Nobody has a divine right but we've all seen players given a chance when they do :censored: all!

No reserve team to play in to gain fitness and as I said hes not been given the right environment to succeed.

Has Cassidy been given a consistent run if games since that injury in order to prove himself? Whether you agree or not a bad injury and 4 managers in a season can effect a players confidence. A confidence that was obviously fragile when we bought him. We all knew that but he hasn't been given the time despite being here a year. Murphy was given the opportunity but had to leave first to get it.

I'm not sure the level you play at decides if you should win physical battles all over the pitch. We had plenty of possession but didn't once put in a decent cross and all the strikers ran the channel and won the ball only up to have to go back 20 yards. You don't often win friendly matches by crickets scores anymore as fitness has improved across the board. Can anyone tell honestly tell me he has done less than the other strikers at the club in the last 3 games. What have they had between them, 3 shots?

Id be having doubts about all them? One major thing about him though and this is a bigger problem from the last 12 months. I'm not even sure if he can finish an actual chance. That's 12 months of :censored: footballs fault and a player who probably from memory hasn't been allowed to start and finish 2/3 games on the bounce.

I'm by no means saying he is better than what's been seen but I don't think he's been given the environment to succeed. This same fault could go the same way for Mckay & Erwin if things don't change.

so he,s still :censored: then like last season.even when main and hollaway wasn't scoring early doors ,at least they looked like scoring.

so he,s still :censored: then like last season.even when main and hollaway wasn't scoring early doors ,at least they looked like scoring.

During our best spell of the season in a side that started creating chances for the first time in months...go figure!

Big difference between Cassidy and Main and Holloway is the lack of desire or the ability to put himself about, technically he has better feet than the other two but he has no heart and real determination to die for the cause and that's how many fans see him, he was shown how to do it by a couple of loanees at the back end of last season but he looks to have started off the same as he ended last season, going back to yesterday other than having a total inability to make an aerial challenge he was quite effective in the channels and holding the ball up and for me was the better forward than McKay in the first half.

Big difference between Cassidy and Main and Holloway is the lack of desire or the ability to put himself about, technically he has better feet than the other two but he has no heart and real determination to die for the cause and that's how many fans see him, he was shown how to do it by a couple of loanees at the back end of last season but he looks to have started off the same as he ended last season, going back to yesterday other than having a total inability to make an aerial challenge he was quite effective in the channels and holding the ball up and for me was the better forward than McKay in the first half.

The lack of desire sums it up, the manager must be very concerned if he has to draft in Glackin from the youths. He will have seen desire from him in training lacking in others, same reason he's included Mantack who has also shown that get up and go quality.

The Wigan friendly should tell us more as I expect players now to show the desire they are worthy of a Millwall starting place.

Edited by BP1960

He needs to bag a couple. Even if they go in off his arse. The same goes for all other attacking signings. As somebody has already said, patience.

Crock of :censored:e. Could say that about anyone. None of them look close to scoring but if we wait long enough some of them might Nick one in of his ball sack. You can tell when a player hasn't got it.

What has that got to do with anything? I has seen him play a few times previously, knew all about him from all of his previous clubs. Said what I thought, hoped to have been proven wrong, but ultimately looks like I was right.

From his previous spell at Tranmere where he bagged 20+?

The lads confidence has completely gone but you don't turn I to a :censored:e footballer. This ability is still there it's a matter if coaching it out if him again.

The lads confidence has completely gone but you don't turn I to a :censored:e footballer. This ability is still there it's a matter if coaching it out if him again.

He has been :censored: more than he has been good...probability suggests he is :censored: with a bit of a purple patch that Trannere.

People love to look for glimmer of hope and obsess over the exception rather than the rule...

- Adam Rooney - for when someone comes here with poor form at previous clubs

- not winning pre season friendlies - for indication of how the season will pan out

- Joe Royle losing games - for giving a new manager time

We hear these phrases (and any more) rolled out all the time for different scenarios and probablility always wins out that if someone is crap more than they are good they are generally crap!!

The heart hasn't looked there since he returned to the team last season. I can't see how he can be considered for selection on that basis.

Edited by BP1960

One season doesn't turn you into a good player. We have seen it so many times with forwards, they score loads in their first full season then don't repeat it. And that spell at Tranmere happened 4 years ago, he has scored 5 league goals since then, none in his last 2 seasons.

Cassidy has better feet than Holloway.

You must be kidding..

A couple of points, Firstly, Fylde are a full time professional team. Secondly, If you look at Fylde's defence their captain and Centre Half is 6"4' a big unit, with league experience, their right back played for Blackpool in the premier league. They are not getting bullied by anyone.