Cassidy HT talk to fans

Cassidy has better feet than Holloway.

You must be kidding..

I was thinking the same....Holloway had a brilliant 1st touch with great control and hold up play. Judging by performances last season before injury even at £1.8k a week he'd have been my no.1 target all day long.

If he continues in the same vein for Fleetwood he'll be moving on for a big big fee pretty damn quick!!! Best front man I've seen at Latics for a bloody long time!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same....Holloway had a brilliant 1st touch with great control and hold up play. Judging by performances last season before injury even at £1.8k a week he'd have been my no.1 target all day long.

If he continues in the same vein for Fleetwood he'll be moving on for a big big fee pretty damn quick!!! Best front man I've seen at Latics for a bloody long time!

10 games in which he only scored in one.

Best forward in a long time? Goes to show the :censored:e we've bought!

10 games in which he only scored in one.

Best forward in a long time? Goes to show the :censored:e we've bought!

Holloway put in bags of effort and plenty of skill to go with it, that's what the vast majority of fans appreciated.

Holloway put in bags of effort and plenty of skill to go with it, that's what the vast majority of fans appreciated.

No offence BP but Cassidy included I couldn't give a flying :censored: how hard they work if they don't score goals. That is how a striker should be judged.

No offence BP but Cassidy included I couldn't give a flying :censored: how hard they work if they don't score goals. That is how a striker should be judged.

exactly but main and hollaway were a handful for league 1 defenders with there work rate and both were unlucky not to score more. Cassidy didn't even look like scoring.

exactly but main and hollaway were a handful for league 1 defenders with there work rate and both were unlucky not to score more. Cassidy didn't even look like scoring.

Funny what the right kind of service does?

A couple of points, Firstly, Fylde are a full time professional team. Secondly, If you look at Fylde's defence their captain and Centre Half is 6"4' a big unit, with league experience, their right back played for Blackpool in the premier league. They are not getting bullied by anyone.

Should be beating them I don't care if they have a clogged who played half a season for a team that got sent down first time. Losing to such a tinpot outfit is embarrassing

I'm probaby old fashioned, but I like my hard working target men who will chip in with some goals - as long as they work well with a strike partner who can score you 20+ a season.

Edited by BP1960

I'm probaby old fashioned, but I like my hard working target men who will chip in with some goals - as long as they work well with a strike partner who can score you 20+ a season.

20+? none of our striker will score without service. I guarantee you Cassidy would bag a few is someone created the odd chance.

Absolutely. Guaranteed accumulation.

One of the few I'm gutted about losing out of everyone, barring maybe Palmer. Will undoubtedly play at a higher level.

I don't necessarily think that's old fashioned look at the likes of Vardy, Kane, and even Luis Suarez they all prepared to chase balls into the channels and are prepared to press defenders to win the ball back.

With Cassidy what I want to know is whats his trick? he doesn't seem to do alot of running, and pressing, he doesn't win enough headers or hold the ball up, he doesn't really create any chances, and he certainly doesn't score any goals

whats he good at?

Edited by GlossopLatic

The fullback who played left back not right back was Crainey who scored the free kick at 35 or 36 he is probably seeing out his career in Level 6 football as the extra timber would suggest but he was still better than any other full back we played yesterday, I thought Fyldes number 6 was more direct than any player we had on the pitch and a couple of times he went 40 or 50 yards up the pitch with ease.

20+? none of our striker will score without service. I guarantee you Cassidy would bag a few is someone created the odd chance.

I hope your right, but the majority on here think he's not what we need. He's lucky he,s contracted because I get the feeling that if there were any takers he would,nt be here.

Cassidy did nothing different to Mckay today but our wonderful fans have decided. No 2nd chances despite the whole :censored:ing catastrophic happening referred to as last season.

Same fans couldn't wait to tell Croft how good he was despite not one decent pass forward to our front 2. (That goes for every midfielder)

You have to wonder what people :censored:in watch!

Have to agree with all of this. Second chances for croft but none whatsoever for Cassidy. I thought he had a better game than Erwin against Preson, but none of that mentioned and regardless of how bad he's been, gives no one the right to hurl abuse at any player. Even more so in a friendly ffs. I give up with latics fans, it will be them that drive me away from the club, nobheads.

Have to agree with all of this. Second chances for croft but none whatsoever for Cassidy. I thought he had a better game than Erwin against Preson, but none of that mentioned and regardless of how bad he's been, gives no one the right to hurl abuse at any player. Even more so in a friendly ffs. I give up with latics fans, it will be them that drive me away from the club, nobheads.

I agree with that last bit lol

Reading this thread I must have missed something.....last time I looked Holloway was 23 years old and had played 32 games for 6 clubs and was a reserve for Wycombe Wanderers signed by Fleetwood.....Curtis Main was surplus to requirements at relegated Doncaster and had signed for a fourth tier Portsmouth... I must have missed their rise to galactico status?

Reading this thread I must have missed something.....last time I looked Holloway was 23 years old and had played 32 games for 6 clubs and was a reserve for Wycombe Wanderers signed by Fleetwood.....Curtis Main was surplus to requirements at relegated Doncaster and had signed for a fourth tier Portsmouth... I must have missed their rise to galactico status?

The criteria is always are they better than what you have got?..the answer in both cases was yes.

Edited by BP1960

Anybody who watched Holloway's time here, albeit only short, would know that there's a cracking footballer in there. He'll make a club some decent money in the future. Different players have different paths into the game. There are many examples of rejected players who have gone much further than the club who let them go...

The citeria is always are they better than what you have got?..the answer in both cases was yes.

No fundamentally wrong BP....the criteria has to be are they good enough to achieve what you want. What is the point of replacing a blunt knife with a nearly blunt knife. You need a sharp knife?