Cassidy HT talk to fans

Cassidy did nothing different to Mckay today but our wonderful fans have decided. No 2nd chances despite the whole :censored:ing catastrophic happening referred to as last season.

Same fans couldn't wait to tell Croft how good he was despite not one decent pass forward to our front 2. (That goes for every midfielder)

You have to wonder what people :censored:in watch!

I thought Croft was our bright spark first half, but spread it wide to our wing backs who never got crosses in.

I thought McKay showed a lot more Warne style effort than Cassidy. But as you say, service from the deeper players was woeful.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember years ago someone in the main stand paddock having a go at Wayne Andrews! .. can't remember exactly what about, but he got a little naffed off also .. unfortunately there's the odd bellend around

That was me. He'd spent 95% of the game on his arse. Can't remember exactly what I said but it was along the lines of, "You'd be more useful if you stayed on your feet," albeit probably more sweary. If I recall correctly he said to meet him in the car park.

Obviously I didn't, he'd have battered me.

Including Cassidy

Perhaps. I don't fully buy into the view that because someone is paid to kick a ball that they should become completely different human beings to the people who are just like them but (even) worse at the same thing. Edited by leeslover

Perhaps. I don't fully buy into the view that because someone is paid to kick a ball that they should become completely different human beings to the people who are just like them but (even) worse at the same thing.

He didn't need to respond. He had nothing to gain by responding.

And if I swear back at an abusive customer I get fired. I suppose technically he's committed a red card offence too.

And if I swear back at an abusive customer I get fired.

This is true, but by the same token if a customer swears at staff he is generally not welcomed back. I don't think we should expect to have our cake and eat it. I am still to get over people being so upset at Ronnie's boy giving us the ears after we'd been telling him what his mum was up to for 60 minutes

This is true, but by the same token if a customer swears at staff he is generally not welcomed back. I don't think we should expect to have our cake and eat it. I am still to get over people being so upset at Ronnie's boy giving us the ears after we'd been telling him what his mum was up to for 60 minutes

Ah, now dishing it out to opposing fans is a little different ...

Yesterday might prove the measure of the two parties;

Cassidy actually following up his "**** you" view and knuckling down, probing his doubters wrong on the pitch and not only scoring himself but his play enabling others yo score a hatful alongside him. If he continues to not to deliver then perhaps we ship out at Christmas.

To that fan. If Cassidy does prove the doubters wrong then I trust they're man enough to come forward and apologise.

I was sat in the stand were a couple of fans give Cassidy some verbal mainly along the lines of telling him to use his size and strength and put some effort in (in fairness with a few f**ks chucked in)

Maybe wrong of him but, Cassidy did respond, which for me at least showed some passion - didn't hear him telling anyone to f**k off

Anyway on to the more important issues of the football we served up

Early doors I know but . . . .

Defence looked fragile with the free kick being conceded due to a foul trying to stop their forward who had skipped through 2-3 earlier attempted tackles

Keeper had no chance of stopping the free kick from just outside the box and you have to question how we lined up the wall to defend it

Attack wise, we had two headers which their keeper comfortably dealt with and none of us could recall a single shot on their goal

Like I said, early doors but Steve Robinson has a right job on his hands just from our August games. Walsall and newly promoted Northampton at Home. Millwall Bury and Bradford Away

Not good is it when you're thinking of scrambling for points v those teams

Instead of getting more players in, I'd seriously be thinking of registering a wagon full of sandbags that we can build at the edge of our penalty area :peepwall:

I was sat in the stand were a couple of fans give Cassidy some verbal mainly along the lines of telling him to use his size and strength and put some effort in (in fairness with a few f**ks chucked in)

Maybe wrong of him but, Cassidy did respond, which for me at least showed some passion - didn't hear him telling anyone to f**k off

He did. More than once.

Anyway on to the more important issues of the football we served up

Early doors I know but . . . .Defence looked fragile with the free kick being conceded due to a foul trying to stop their forward who had skipped through 2-3 earlier attempted tackles

It looked like a handball to me.

Keeper had no chance of stopping the free kick from just outside the box and you have to question how we lined up the wall to defend it

The wall was fine. Kettings stepped behind it as it was taken. Had he stayed still he'd have been able to save it.

To that fan. If Cassidy does prove the doubters wrong then I trust they're man enough to come forward and apologise.

Apologise for what? Telling him to work harder in a match? What on earth has that got to do with him scoring a goal in the league?

You have to be prepared to take stick in football, and I see nothing wrong with telling a player to put some more effort in, even if I wouldn't get so irate at a friendly. If he was abusing him personally then that's not on, but stop getting so soppy about a glorified 'come on'.

Apologise for what? Telling him to work harder in a match? What on earth has that got to do with him scoring a goal in the league?

You have to be prepared to take stick in football, and I see nothing wrong with telling a player to put some more effort in, even if I wouldn't get so irate at a friendly. If he was abusing him personally then that's not on, but stop getting so soppy about a glorified 'come on'.

It wasn't a 'glorfied' come on though. It was unessarry abuse of a player who didn't reach a :censored: pass (one of many) The effort is there and has always been there with Cassidy since day one it just isn't working out for him after a bad injury.

Cassidy did nothing different to any of the forwards who played a part yesterday but he is being singled out because of last season. A season where he had an injury & 4 managers just after a move. How many 90 minutes has he actually played for us? Come to think of it how many real chances has anybody created for him to miss? It wasn't his fault that last season was a sham!

Edited by palmer1

So players wise what do we need?

I've not been to any friendlies and have no intention but from what those on this thread are saying we are well short of being competitive. Looking at the squad on paper I think we need about 5 looking particularly at the midfield.

What do we think?

Edited by GlossopLatic