Cassidy HT talk to fans

Anybody who watched Holloway's time here, albeit only short, would know that there's a cracking footballer in there. He'll make a club some decent money in the future. Different players have different paths into the game. There are many examples of rejected players who have gone much further than the club who let them go...[/quote

.. Bloody hell. How come nobody above our level was not able to see what you saw and take this player for FREE!......they even picked up on a 45 minute triallist in a kick about against PNE

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But he went to Fleetwood, hmmmm.

It sounds sketchy, but easily conceivable that Fleetwood believe he will be a starter for them and pushed the boat out, whereas the other clubs saw him as potentially down the pecking order so decided on spending the money elsewhere. Fleetwood are by no means poor.

For one reason or another he's not played much 1st team football so far in his career so perhaps a move to Fleetwood will give him regular game time and the exposure required to progress further up the ladder.

If it was good enough for Jamie Vardy and all that ....... Oh, and nearly £2k a week too!

If he buckles down and puts in the effort he will make a very good living from this game.....if I had been given the choice to keep one from Holloway, Main, Dieng, Kelly, Wilson, and Palmer, I would have chosen Holloway every time!

Just my opinion like but I felt we were altogether a much more threatening side with him in it.

For one reason or another he's not played much 1st team football so far in his career so perhaps a move to Fleetwood will give him regular game time and the exposure required to progress further up the ladder.

If it was good enough for Jamie Vardy and all that ....... Oh, and nearly £2k a week too!

If he buckles down and puts in the effort he will make a very good living from this game.....if I had been given the choice to keep one from Holloway, Main, Dieng, Kelly, Wilson, and Palmer, I would have chosen Holloway every time!

Just my opinion like but I felt we were altogether a much more threatening side with him in it.

I'd bet that 90% of people would choose Palmer from that list, he was quite clearly a cut above the rest.

No fundamentally wrong BP....the criteria has to be are they good enough to achieve what you want. What is the point of replacing a blunt knife with a nearly blunt knife. You need a sharp knife?

But they did achieve what we wanted in avoiding relegation, without them we would have gone down,few will dispute that.

Edited by BP1960

I don't necessarily think that's old fashioned look at the likes of Vardy, Kane, and even Luis Suarez they all prepared to chase balls into the channels and are prepared to press defenders to win the ball back.

With Cassidy what I want to know is whats his trick? he doesn't seem to do alot of running, and pressing, he doesn't win enough headers or hold the ball up, he doesn't really create any chances, and he certainly doesn't score any goals

whats he good at?

Earning a contract ?