LSC Man United v Latics live on MUTV

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure a game against a bunch of kids holds much relevance to what lies ahead.

Apart from Edmondson, how many are seriously in contention for a starting slot?

Fane, Cassidy, Ketting, Brown, Mantack, Osei will compete for the bench. Klok is not quite match fit and Winchester, after last night's performance, will be moved IMO.

Fane, Cassidy, Ketting, Brown, Mantack, Osei will compete for the bench. Klok is not quite match fit and Winchester, after last night's performance, will be moved IMO.

Sounds fair, Edmondson could easily be a first teamer before too long, Fane could be the type of midfielder I think we have needed for ages and Osei sounds like he's got the build and pace to have a chance.

Winchester is an enigma. If he has serious fitness issues then surely managers would have binned him by now or less it can be addressed somehow. However if its application then why do we persevere with him? One glimmer of brilliance once in a while doesn't justify a wage.

Hopefully that Cassidy header lit the blue touch paper into this season.

I'm remaining positive that we could have one or two in before Saturday but more likely to be before end August...still a winger and a striker after the formal announcement of Fane?!

When everyone is saying people don't look fit do you mean match fit and sharp that only comes from playing games? If players are still proper unfit this close to the start of the season I.e. need to to do some more circuits then that is unacceptable surely? A professional footballer should keep himself in top condition throughout the summer, otherwise they shouldn't get paid? Anyways I'm looking forward to the new season ktf

Fane bit of pace, lots of effort, good tackles but his passing and lack of vision was truly terrible - reading the reviews some of you gave him stunned me - well below good enough.

Definitely not well below good enough. He was no different to Kelly, except he seemed to look forward a bit more and had pace to get him out of trouble, which he had got himself into with sketchy positioning at times. We'll see how he performs in proper matches.

If his passing and vision was poor - I thought he was caught out a few times but also did some decent things, and liked how he drove forwards with the ball - you should've seen Kelly's first four games (not that it significantly improved)...

Winchester is an enigma. If he has serious fitness issues then surely managers would have binned him by now or less it can be addressed somehow. However if its application then why do we persevere with him? One glimmer of brilliance once in a while doesn't justify a wage.

I'm guessing he's still here for a number of reasons: 1) No more than adequate squad player who can cover several positions 2) There is a forlorn hope that can rediscover his form of a couple of years ago 3) He is bluddy cheap!!!

Sounds fair, Edmondson could easily be a first teamer before too long, Fane could be the type of midfielder I think we have needed for ages and Osei sounds like he's got the build and pace to have a chance.

So that's three then... Smiley winky thingy.

Klok was knackered because he insisted on chasing balls down in behind when really he should of been holding his shape in our midfield, of the rest Edmondson impressed not just with his willingness to bring the ball out and start the attack but his positional play was superb, his leadership qualities will stand him in good stead and for me he'd be ahead of Burgess who looks like he has mistakes in him, he must be pushing for a start alongside Clarke or even at fullback.

All defenders have mistakes in them. I watched the £30m rated John Stones tonight and his game was littered with them, and it's quite a common trait with him.

All defenders have mistakes in them. I watched the £30m rated John Stones tonight and his game was littered with them, and it's quite a common trait with him.

Unless he eradicates that from his game, he is destined to be one of the great nearly defenders. I would not play him as a centre back and instead look to turn him into a defensive midfielder.

Is he one of the ones that you recommended, that Lee Turbutt went to watch?

Let's say Fane and Osei have my strong approval.

A couple more yet he's seen, but may need to look at again.

Edited by BP1960

Well impressed with Osei. Looked comfortable at the level of United's academy having obviously gone without the level of coaching they will have, although I had thought he was younger than 21. Perhaps he'll get more game time than expected.

Edited by NewBlue

Well impressed with Osei. Looked comfortable at the level of United's academy having obviously gone without the level of coaching they will have, although I had thought he was younger than 21. Perhaps he'll get more game time than expected.

I believe this lad was a junior level player at AFC Oldham.

What about another Kidderminster player called Elton Ngwatala. They rave about him more than they did Fane.