Bury tickets

Bit unfair if you're having a go at Latics. They can only pass on the arrangements being made by Bury.

Such a myth.

The two clubs arrange these things beforehand together.

What the club should've done is asked for assurances beforehand - you know, for the fans they are supposed to on the side of - that there will be an overspill section and pay on the day.

Instead, it just looks like they let other clubs piss us about - it's no skin off their nose if arrangements change. As per, do the bare minimum for their own fans.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colossal :censored: up compounded by the police refusing to let people in the Swan and Cemetery after the game, telling pubs in the town centre to stop serving for half an hour (even ones that were half empty) and lying to the local press claiming that problem was caused by 'a large number of Oldham fans turning up late' and 'there were no queues at the away end at 2.45pm'(the queue was well across the car park when I got to the ground at 2.40pm). Like they'd been trained by South Yorkshire police.

Only the popular ones were told to stop serving, I didn't have problems getting served in the one I was in, which IMHO, is the best pub in Bury.

The rest is absolutely bang on. The excuses wheeled out by GMP and Bury had the air of the now confirmed to be unfounded excuses wheeled out by SYP after the event 24 years (almost to the day) earlier.

I still haven't found out what our fans rep on the board or the SLO were doing when 200+ Oldham fans were locked out, some with tickets.

SAS job tomorrow, in and out with 3 points safely stowed. Always an overrated away trip Bury, Too often like Rochdale becomes a dickhead's day out with the Police getting hard ons at being able to treat decent people like :censored: for no good reason because of a minority of 14 year olds.

Will be enjoying a pint back local before the tea time game kicks off.

Edited by oafcprozac

Not done Bury before believe it or not. What are the best pubs?

Swan & Cemetery was but they weren't allowing football fans in last season.

Most head for the Wetherspoon's in the centre.

Another, older one right near that is quite good.

Police are absolute :censored: for this one though, especially after the game, so I'm hoping to get the tram from Manchester as late as possible and get back there as soon as possible...

Didn't realise the TO was open on a non matchday Saturday.

I'm going to be pissed if I order a ticket for collection and then they make it POTG...

And lo and behold, half an hour after I booked a ticket after being told by the TO that it was definitely all ticket...

The excuses wheeled out by GMP and Bury had the air of the now confirmed to be unfounded excuses wheeled out by SYP after the event 24 years (almost to the day) earlier.

I still haven't found out what our fans rep on the board or the SLO were doing when 200+ Oldham fans were locked out, some with tickets.

The excuses wheeled out by GMP and Bury had the air of the now confirmed to be unfounded excuses wheeled out by SYP after the event 24 years (almost to the day) earlier.

I was with about 15 who stayed trying to get in when about 3:30 the police marched round and declared the owners had informed them we were trespassing and if we didn't move they would forcibly remove us. I thought about asking how on earth it could be public thoroughfare before and after the game to allow fans in and out but then becomes private property in between. But the copper didn't look the type for discourse and debate so we left.

Swan & Cemetery was but they weren't allowing football fans in last season.

Most head for the Wetherspoon's in the centre.

Another, older one right near that is quite good.

We got in the Swan and Cemetery fine, they must have decided you looked dodgy. Is the old place by the Wetherspoons the Two Tubs? Good pub, that.

Bloody hell it's gone from one extreme to the other. Posters moaning about difficulties in getting a ticket-and now you cannot give them away.

An associate of mine listened to Stuart Day recently giving a little talk explaining how City virtually just gave them 5 years access to Carrington.

The players were arguing about who could get there early to park in the bay marked S Aguero. The captain at the time said it was his space and not to park in there.

When that captain turned up the next day there was another player's car parked there so he just crashed into the other car and moved it out of the bay!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Not done Bury before believe it or not. What are the best pubs?

There's the Swan and Cemetery, which is closer to the ground than those in the town centre, but in the opposite direction, and will have less people on a "dickhead's day out" in it as a result.

The Two tubs which is a decent small pub behind the Weatherspoons and might also have less dickheads in it.

The Paper mill, in Pilsworth, which is probably as far away as those in the town centre, but a much more pleasant walk. Quite family friendly (it has a children's play area) and supposedly does reasonable pub food. But because it is in Pilsworth it's a pain to get to by anything other than car or taxi.

The Art Picture house opposite the bus station is OK too.

The Knowsley has some charm about it, but I think that might be home only.

Plus there's the standard Weatherspoons, Lloyds, Yates'

There's a hidden gem too but I'd like to at least get served so I'm not going to publish it on here. Think the Baum in Rochdale but about a third of the size.

Bloody hell it's gone from one extreme to the other. Posters moaning about difficulties in getting a ticket-and now you cannot give them away.

At first I wasn't going, then I was and talked a mate into it who has now had to pull out. So going on my todd with a spare. I'll be in Shaw at 13:30 tomorrow if anyone wants it?

At first I wasn't going, then I was and talked a mate into it who has now had to pull out. So going on my todd with a spare. I'll be in Shaw at 13:30 tomorrow if anyone wants it?