Bury tickets

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Police are all over this one because of trouble in recent years.

I'm not excusing it but, last year the trouble (such as it was) was sparked off by over the top stewarding and then over the top policing.

The time before it was caused by Bury giving us 1 stand for a far bigger game than they'd given us two stands for the previous time we played them and people subsequently being turned away and going in the home stands...

Make it pay on the day with a contingency plan to open that other stand in the unlikely event we need it. Simple.

Fans wanting to attend tomorrow afternoons game against Bury have until 3pm to buy tickets.

This game is designated as an all-ticket affair and fans MUST have a ticket to gain access to Gigg Lane.

We have currently sold over 1,250 of the 1,800 allocated tickets.

The time before it was caused by Bury giving us 1 stand for a far bigger game than they'd given us two stands for the previous time we played them and people subsequently being turned away and going in the home stands...

Colossal :censored: up compounded by the police refusing to let people in the Swan and Cemetery after the game, telling pubs in the town centre to stop serving for half an hour (even ones that were half empty) and lying to the local press claiming that problem was caused by 'a large number of Oldham fans turning up late' and 'there were no queues at the away end at 2.45pm'(the queue was well across the car park when I got to the ground at 2.40pm). Like they'd been trained by South Yorkshire police.

Pay on the day now. On the Bury site.

Ta for putting it on here. Was about to brave the weather to get one.

Conclusive proof that the club are never, ever worth listening to. They'd managed to convince me this time too. What a gullible :censored:er I must be...

Come on Monty, get that phrase out...

Edited by NewBlue

I'm not excusing it but, last year the trouble (such as it was) was sparked off by over the top stewarding and then over the top policing.

Make it pay on the day with a contingency plan to open that other stand in the unlikely event we need it. Simple.

Agreed

Ta for putting it on here. Was about to brave the weather to get one.

Conclusive proof that the club are never, ever worth listening to. They'd managed to convince me this time too. What a gullible :censored:er I must be...

Come on Monty, get that phrase out...

Bit unfair if you're having a go at Latics. They can only pass on the arrangements being made by Bury.