My shallow analysis

I hate it when we lose because of the chairman. Backing another manager with 20 odd players, improvements to the training ground etc etc

Why did you get involved in yesterday's inept performance you bastard!

Wait...was he even here?

Pick Dummigan, Corney!

'Backing another manager with 20-odd players' - Droylsden have 20 odd players. So what?

Corney is obviously at fault for the shambles we find ourselves in.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All so predictable...

The fans that spout off for 21 years and then say I told you so'

The fans that spout off from after one performance and then say 'I told you so'

The fans who hear someone not entirely agreeing with everything they say 'Oh your so naive and wet behind the ears' & ' I told you so'

But the most predictable of it all...

We lost yesterday so all the 'i told you so gang' are out in force at the same time.

It seems Bury & Oldham fans think the season ended :censored:in yesterday!

'Backing another manager with 20-odd players' - Droylsden have 20 odd players. So what?

Corney is obviously at fault for the shambles we find ourselves in.

Is it his fault that Steve Evans agreed to become our manager and then changed his mind at the last minute?

All so predictable...

The fans that spout off for 21 years and then say I told you so'

The fans that spout off from after one performance and then say 'I told you so'

The fans who hear someone not entirely agreeing with everything they say 'Oh your so naive and wet behind the ears' & ' I told you so'

But the most predictable of it all... We lost yesterday so all the 'i told you so gang' are out in force at the same time.

I think that the worst over-reaction to yesterdays performance is yours.

Given you haven't a clue about the cost of the players you can hardly make an argument.

However what I do know is that we were the least prepared club in the Football League for the upcoming season.

You mentioned another team and their backing without real knowledge of either.

Yeah wouldn't happen in the Premier League would it?

Edited by palmer1

I'm pretty sure this squad and manager have been given a fair crack of the whip if you think yesterday's performance won't have provoked a reaction on here then you really are wet behind the ears, either that or you've been completely brainwashed to accept absolute :censored:e. By next weekend we will be a quarter of the way into a season and our form and ability to score seems to be regressing, it's only one game but I can honestly say that going to home games now is an absolute chore and the fall in attendances is proof of that.

I'm pretty sure this squad and manager have been given a fair crack of the whip if you think yesterday's performance won't have provoked a reaction on here then you really are wet behind the ears, either that or you've been completely brainwashed to accept absolute :censored:e. By next weekend we will be a quarter of the way into a season and our form and ability to score seems to be regressing, it's only one game but I can honestly say that going to home games now is an absolute chore and the fall in attendances is proof of that.

Missing the point again....

Never said there wouldn't be a reaction. There always is an over the top reaction when we lose any game. Look at the friendlies ffs

Corney backed a manager with players, training facilities etc and we all know the pre season was :censored:, garbage, terrible not as bad as Hulls but all they're not football league so shouldn't mention them :)

We are now 10? games in with Robinsons players, his squad his methods and we got battered yesterday. It was embarrassing!

So how is yesterdays performance down to Corney!? He has backed a manager which if I look on here will find many saying how wonderful he was doing 5 games ago.

Worse than Utd fans!

Edited by palmer1

He hasn't backed a manager, we have a squad made up of misfits and loanees with a sprinkling of quality, Robinson wanted the gig and potentially could turn it around but the fact Corney sold everything off or gave it away and brought in another 20 players shouldn't be applauded it's a shocking way to run a club and having a group of players is a minimum requirement for any football club isn't it? Next you will be telling us how lucky we are to have twenty balls to train with.

He hasn't backed a manager, we have a squad made up of misfits and loanees with a sprinkling of quality, Robinson wanted the gig and potentially could turn it around but the fact Corney sold everything off or gave it away and brought in another 20 players shouldn't be applauded it's a shocking way to run a club and having a group of players is a minimum requirement for any football club isn't it? Next you will be telling us how lucky we are to have twenty balls to train with.

Thing is that we don't have twenty balls to train with. No more than twelve I believe...shocking.

Corney backed a manager with players, training facilities etc and we all know the pre season was :censored:, garbage, terrible

We are now 10? games in with Robinsons players, his squad his methods and we got battered yesterday. It was embarrassing!

So how is yesterdays performance down to Corney!? He has backed a manager which if I look on here will find many saying how wonderful he was doing 5 games ago.

Worse than Utd fans!

5 games ago people were saying how Robinson had done well since the pre season was :censored:, garbage, terrible. Whose fault was that?

Most were saying he had made us hard to beat but the next step was to improve the attacking play to get victories.

That isnt happening and from most comments today on OWTB it seems that it isnt likely to happen anytime soon.

Is it all Robinson's fault? I dont think so.

Perhaps he was stupid accepting the job under those circumstances but he still seems to get the backing of most posters.

Nothing like Scum fans, not in the slightest

He's trying to draw that parallel for a bite, anyone who has attended our games over the past few seasons and is still prepared to do so despite the absolute :censored:e served up has nothing in common with a load of Utd fans who frequent twitter and have probably never stepped foot in Old Trafford, expectation at BP is firmly set at rock bottom for many but we are somehow managing to even fall short of that.

He's trying to draw that parallel for a bite, anyone who has attended our games over the past few seasons and is still prepared to do so despite the absolute :censored:e served up has nothing in common with a load of Utd fans who frequent twitter and have probably never stepped foot in Old Trafford, expectation at BP is firmly set at rock bottom for many but we are somehow managing to even fall short of that.

Read twitter and look on here, plenty of fans who are worse than Utd fans. Many turned on Robinson yesterday in the ground and on twitter afterwards because of style of football and 0-0 results added to a loss. Sounds familiar?

Im not looking for a bite it's something that over the last 18 months I firmly believe. I sit there every other Saturday and cringe at what I here and then I see it again all over social media.

A portion of Oldham fans are worse than Utd fans. If that offends anybody then I'd take a look at yourself.

Edited by palmer1

:censored: all offends me to be fair and I wasn't aware of any of our fans turning on SR, if that's true then they are out of order, at the same time I can easily see why some fans have become disenchanted as the best game at home I've seen is a 5-4 defeat at home to a ten man League 2 team.

No, but isn't that what you want?

This "Corney Out" malarkey is the boring, standard reaction from some fans when we have a bad result.

We're one of the worst supported teams in the division and our budget must reflect that to a great extent. I also would say we've been quite unlucky in some games this season and also with the Steve Evans debacle before the season even started.

I'd also be suspicious of any white knight coming in to take over - you'd need your bumps felt to take us on. A new owner might take us upwards, but downwards would be much more likely. Sometimes you should be careful what you wish for.

I want him to go as soon as possible yes. Unfortunately It's not going to happen though is it. This slow death of the club is just depressing. How bad could it get with a new owner, who knows, but it can't get a lot worse than rotting away as we are. It's going to end with a relegation sooner or later anyway? Then what, We rot again in league 2. For the first time in my life time we are about to dip below 3000 fans for a Saturday game. Corney is to blame Edited by NIKI1234

:censored: all offends me to be fair and I wasn't aware of any of our fans turning on SR, if that's true then they are out of order, at the same time I can easily see why some fans have become disenchanted as the best game at home I've seen is a 5-4 defeat at home to a ten man League 2 team.

As can I & didn't even go to the 5-4!

I find the comparison to United fans amusing. I often describe a lot of our fans as :censored: too. It's the strikers fault they should be in training working on getting balls into the box. Not the strikers fault then is it if What's needed is work on putting balls in the box. Training ground facilities upgraded, doesn't count, Corney is a greedy :censored: who is purposely running the club into the ground. Boooooring

I find the comparison to United fans amusing. I often describe a lot of our fans as :censored: too. It's the strikers fault they should be in training working on getting balls into the box. Not the strikers fault then is it if What's needed is work on putting balls in the box. Training ground facilities upgraded, doesn't count, Corney is a greedy :censored: who is purposely running the club into the ground. Boooooring

Some players aren't as good as others. That's what money buys you, hence Scunthorpe top of the league.

And when you sign them average players three weeks before the season because your Chairman has cocked up the past two years it doesn't help either.

The manager wanted the training ground updated, the chairman puts the request into action and it doesn't count!?

I bet if the request had been denied it would count against him.

For future reference what counts and doesn't count.

I want him to go as soon as possible yes. Unfortunately It's not going to happen though is it. This slow death of the club is just depressing. How bad could it get with a new owner, who knows, but it can't get a lot worse than rotting away as we are. It's going to end with a relegation sooner or later anyway? Then what, We rot again in league 2. For the first time in my life time we are about to dip below 3000 fans for a Saturday game. Corney is to blame

Stockport.

The ship is relatively steady. If investment is hard to come by now, try getting it when we're in the Conference North.