My shallow analysis

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the upgrades to the training facilities, I know SR wanted the monitoring devices for the players to wear and Corney forked out for them but I wasn't aware of any changes to the actual training ground facilities. If it's happened I must of missed the news feed.

Robinson has referred to them in several of his last LW interviews. He hasn't gone into any detail however in one of his last pre-match he said they are nearly completed and have been brought up to the level needed to help progress the club in the future.

What are the upgrades to the training facilities, I know SR wanted the monitoring devices for the players to wear and Corney forked out for them but I wasn't aware of any changes to the actual training ground facilities. If it's happened I must of missed the news feed.

They've painted the concrete walls white and screened off the fencing with black netting.

Monitoring devices, another trend intended to baffle us with science.

You don't need them to see some of our players disappear from games,or those blowing after 60 minutes.

Pay more attention to what they are and aren't doing on a matchday rather than geeky devices on the training ground.

I'm sure Rick Holden would have thrown any device they tried to pin on him into the nearest canal.

You don't need them to see some of our players disappear from games,or those blowing after 60 minutes.

Pay more attention to what they are and aren't doing on a matchday rather than geeky devices on the training ground.

I'm sure Rick Holden would have thrown any device they tried to pin on him into the nearest canal.

It monitors peak fitness. What's so baffling?

And I'm sure Rick Holden who has a degree in human movement and went on to be a Physio within the game and out of it wouldnt throw away any device if it helped his or his players performance by just a small margin.

Edited by palmer1

You're actually going to slate something useful just because it's new? Jesus. Bet you :censored: your pants and trashed your house when they announced goal line technology. Probably should ban referees having those new strange machines that let them speak to their assistants???

Seriously?

Seriously?

You should know me by now,I'm a dinosaur and believe football is a simple game made difficult by a deluge of unrequired coaches and trendy devices. We are brainwashed into believing we need them, get back to basics. If you think SRs monitoring devices have helped so far please explain how?

You should know me by now,I'm a dinosaur and believe football is a simple game made difficult by a deluge of unrequired coaches and trendy devices. We are brainwashed into believing we need them, get back to basics. If you think SRs monitoring devices have helped so far please explain how?

Could've lost to Bury...

You're actually going to slate something useful just because it's new? Jesus. Bet you :censored: your pants and trashed your house when they announced goal line technology. Probably should ban referees having those new strange machines that let them speak to their assistants???

You appear to believe anything new and trendy must be good.

For your information I think smartphones are brilliant, but I wouldn't download every app.

No but I believe thesee things are useful for managers and coaches. Can't for the life of me see why anyone would think they aren't

It's all about opinions, I take the old fashioned view when great Latics teams just needed a manager, an assistant and trainer. The same players then if in today's age wouldn't need any extra assistance.

Edited by BP1960

It's all about opinions, I take the old fashioned view when great Latics teams just needed a manager, an assistant and trainer. The same players then if in today's age wouldn't need any extra assistance.

Can't be any doubt that being able to monitor fitness is a plus. What could be a negative is whether they spend so much time analysing the data that they forget what it's actually for

Can't be any doubt that being able to monitor fitness is a plus. What could be a negative is whether they spend so much time analysing the data that they forget what it's actually for

Do we need monitors to tell us for example about Winchester what we can see with the naked eye?