Read the riot act

Guest nonaenever

Can someone please complain about the amount of time Robinson's hands were in his pockets (either too much or too little I don't mind) then I think we'll have had a full house of standard owtb post-:censored: game 'we're doomed' gripes.

We have won one game all season and "scored" 4 goals (one an own goal in our only win). Lately, the football has been very poor. Are we supposed to shout from the rooftops or is it that some on here have been on too many of those American style "positive mental attitude" courses at work? When it's good; praise will be lavished upon the management team and players; when it's bad there will (and should be) negative reactions. How many games you been to this season by the way?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please complain about the amount of time Robinson's hands were in his pockets (either too much or too little I don't mind) then I think we'll have had a full house of standard owtb post-:censored: game 'we're doomed' gripes.

Think he actually looked away from the pitch at one point. If he'd have been concentrating wed have won

We have won one game all season and "scored" 4 goals (one an own goal in our only win). Lately, the football has been very poor. Are we supposed to shout from the rooftops or is it that some on here have been on too many of those American style "positive mental attitude" courses at work? When it's good; praise will be lavished upon the management team and players; when it's bad there will (and should be) negative reactions. How many games you been to this season by the way?

You're right, it was all good.

Come on lads, don't be like that. I've already ticked off these reasons for losing...

1. Clipboards

2. Asset-stripping

3. Silly modern gadgets they didn't need back in'daaay

4. Fans moaning about fans moaning

Only one more to go. I think I'd be ok with he was waving his arms too much/too little.

And I've not been able to get to a game this season, not one! I know this automatically disqualifies me from having an opinion on anything (even a lighthearted one) but I'm pretty glad about it to be honest. I get depressed enough listening to the inevitable on Latics Player, god knows what I'd be like if I went to a match.

With the exceptions of Connor Ripley - who prevented a 4 or 5-0 loss, Peter Clarke, and possibly Cameron Burgess. We are performing like a team made up of players who have been released by their previous clubs because they weren't good enough, or free agents who weren't signed by anyone, again because they weren't seen as good enough.

We have got a team that is virtually full of that calibre of player.

Absolutely spot on and to the point.

HarryBosch ..... We'll pass it you at Christmas when we will already be virtually down. When will people realise that you can't win games if you don't score goals. 4 goals in 9 games so far suggests yet another relegation battle. Might be one that we don't get out of this time though. ⚽️

HarryBosch ..... We'll pass it you at Christmas when we will already be virtually down. When will people realise that you can't win games if you don't score goals. 4 goals in 9 games so far suggests yet another relegation battle. Might be one that we don't get out of this time though. ⚽️

Hey come on, you've got to remain positive at all times, and never ever say a word against the club.

11/10 for relegation if anyone fancies it.

6/1 to finish bottom.

Or for the glass half full brigade 66/1 to be promoted or 250/1 to be Champions. :first:

------------

Lee Erwin top goal scorer is 225/1

8th best in the betting is non other than Dom Poleon at 40/1 he was 200/1 a couple of weeks ago.

------------

Edited by yarddog73

Guest nonaenever

I care passionately about Latics - they have been a part of my life since I was 4 years old. However, I'm not going to pretend things are good or "will come good" when the evidence in front of my eyes says otherwise. The happy clappers and those with constantly rose-tinted spectacles don't do the club any favours; you actually send out a message that mediocrity is fine. The manager himself is certainly changing his tune too. Gone from positive talk like "we have our aims this season but we'll keep them under wraps" to negative talk like (in the Chron today) "This is a club with no money.... we're a club that struggles for survival".

Clearly, passionate fans get negative too. I will credit Robinson with taking a lot of the responsibility for that latest shambles of a performance (and don't forget Chesterfield was nearly as bad). The massive question mark for me is this; is HE capable of changing or is he so indoctrinated into the "Northern Ireland" way that he will simply persist stubbornly? (not so much with players but with the most negative approach to football games ever seen at BP). If he doesn't change his approach we really are doomed - I`m not bothered what anyone says - the evidence is there for all to see if they care to open their eyes instead of "the emperor's new clothes" approach.

11/10 for relegation if anyone fancies it.

6/1 to finish bottom.

Or for the glass half full brigade 66/1 to be promoted or 250/1 to be Champions. :first:

------------

Lee Erwin top goal scorer is 225/1

8th best in the betting is non other than Dom Poleon at 40/1 he was 200/1 a couple of weeks ago.

------------

What are the odds of us finishing somewhere between 7th and 20th?

Who could have guessed that the relegation favourites with a rookie manager and a team of strangers might not be taking the league by storm?

Who would accept a rookie manager (is this the same guy who's been described as a key target / a motivator / tactician) and a team full of strangers (who are all better than Kelly / Holloway etc) would be a perfectly acceptable set up and no reason to level any criticism at the club?

You're contorting your statements into a complete tangle just to avoid accepting that things are not currently working.

Who would accept a rookie manager (is this the same guy who's been described as a key target / a motivator / tactician) and a team full of strangers (who are all better than Kelly / Holloway etc) would be a perfectly acceptable set up and no reason to level any criticism at the club?

You're contorting your statements into a complete tangle just to avoid accepting that things are not currently working.

Any luck getting those Trust membership numbers yet?

Is it OK with you for me to have thought we were utterly :censored:ing :censored: (again) on Saturday but, at the same time, to remain quietly optimistic that our manager can still turn an up and down (mainly down) first 9 games into a half decent season?

Or are the two mutually exclusive?

Guest nonaenever

Is it OK with you for me to have thought we were utterly :censored:ing :censored: (again) on Saturday but, at the same time, to remain quietly optimistic that our manager can still turn an up and down (mainly down) first 9 games into a half decent season?

Or are the two mutually exclusive?

Your quiet optimism deserves some admiration. I only wish I had the same but honestly can't see how our manager is going to turn it around - I really, really do hope I am proven wrong - the next half a dozen fixtures have suddenly become critical.

Your quiet optimism deserves some admiration. I only wish I had the same but honestly can't see how our manager is going to turn it around - I really, really do hope I am proven wrong - the next half a dozen fixtures have suddenly become critical.

Does it? Why?

We've played 9 games. We were doing better than many expected just 3 or 4 games ago.

We were never able to say that under Dunn.

Other managers have started as badly, if not worse, after inheriting a relatively settled squad.

He's done a competent job so far given the circumstances, therefore, logic dictates if he continues to as the players gel and get more familiar with each other and SR's instructions we'll be alright...

Edited by HarryBosch

Does it? Why?

We've played 9 games. We were doing better than many expected just 3 or 4 games ago.

We were never able to say that under Dunn.

I think there was quiet optimism around, after we beat Wigun, the win at Bury and an excellent draw at Bradford.

Unfortunately we have failed to kick on from there and we appear to be deteriorating rather than improving.

Saturday was truly awful, we were very soundly beaten and where second best in every department, the 0-0 at home to Chesterfield and the home defeat by Shrewsbury were also very poor performances.

We appear to set up very defensively and tight, which is okay away from home, but we are doing the same at BP when the onus (as the home team) is to take the game to the opposition.

I think there was quiet optimism around, after we beat Wigun, the win at Bury and an excellent draw at Bradford.

Unfortunately we have failed to kick on from there and we appear to be deteriorating rather than improving.

Saturday was truly awful, we were very soundly beaten and where second best in every department, the 0-0 at home to Chesterfield and the home defeat by Shrewsbury were also very poor performances.

We appear to set up very defensively and tight, which is okay away from home, but we are doing the same at BP when the onus (as the home team) is to take the game to the opposition.

Most sensible football folk stopped caring about home and away about 10 years ago, keep up.