Tommy Wright Bung Allegations

There was a guy from the Telegraph on talk sport earlier. He said they didn't go after Big Sam at all. He just fell in to their lap, when they went after the agents. He hinted there may be legal issues regarding the naming of other Premier League bosses.

Southampton have now said their assistant manager, Eric Black, will be featuring in the Telegraph revelations.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my favourite shows on TV was "To Catch A Predator" and the new version Hansen V Predator.

You can call it entrapment, but if it's exposing those willing and able to commit these offences then it's fair game.

Exactly, if you are willing to do whatever it is then it is entrapment. Entrapment is diiferent to incitement or coercion or bribery.

And it seems to have passed everyone by that the police aren't involved with any of these three cases. No laws have been broken.

I don't think you are opening your eyes to the enormity of this.

Given the performances of some of our signings over the years, it really is the shortest step to imagine some of them were signed to make certain members of the management team a tidy sum or two. And the consequences of that on our performance and league position.

It certainly requires no leap of imagination.

They also questioned why the telegraph are drip feeding it night after night and questioned their integrity. If they are acting in the best interest of football and not selling papers then it should of all being in the open straight away Monday night

Running an investigation for a year and you expect them to blurt it all on one day? They are trying to run a business. They broke the MP expenses bit by bit, it's worth it if it means they can make money for revealing something important

You have to remember the Telegraph's primary motivation is to sell more copies of their paper. It's logical that they would want to drip feed this over several days to maximise sales.

If they've been investigating for 10 months they've committed a lot of money to this which they'll want to recoup.

It's widespread, has been for years & it's naïve to even consider otherwise. Football is a global business and backhanders will always be a part of that and I've no doubt that third party ownership of players will be the norm in the future.

I'm genuinely shocked that people are surprised to hear these 'revelations' but I'm not having anyone that thinks the Telegraph have done a good job in all this. Their sole interest is circulation and page impressions - nothing at all to do with wanting any integrity in the game. If they ever get to investigate illegal approaches/ payments made to parents by big clubs to try and get young kids to academies, then I'm sure a few grand here and there in the senior game won't matter.

Nothing I've read or watched suggests that was the case....

Of course it is the case. they did not set up meetings with 185 managers and assistant managers + Allardyce, they were tipped off and had some knowledge of where to look. How would the Telegraph have even heard of Tommy Wright otherwise?

Where have you been for the last 7 years. You only need to look at some back copies of the Telegraph, around. More on bankers, would be ideal I grant you.

The Telegraph is owned by the Barclay brothers so won't be doing any stories on how the ultra-rich protect their money from the tax system or the banks that look after it. Much easier to go after football managers & coaches - it's a wonderful distraction.

Good grief, there is some right crap on here tonight.

Newspapers want to sell papers. Why criticise them for doing so?

Coaches and Managers (plus others, even Agents) are covered by FA rules. If they are breaking those rules, get proof.

If you want to prove that someone will accept a bung in a brown paper bag, why not film them accepting the brown paper bag?

The Telegraph is owned by the Barclay brothers so won't be doing any stories on how the ultra-rich protect their money from the tax system or the banks that look after it. Much easier to go after football managers & coaches - it's a wonderful distraction.

Granted on bankers, I wasnt implying it just be the Telegraph do it.

In fact the FT broke the Libor scandal. But maybe that is why it was less newsworthy, also because most did not understand it, but it was huge.

But the Telegraph exposed the Westminster expenses scandal, which snowballed to cause an earthquake in the political elite.

But I never suggested it was done altruisticly, youd be naive to think that.

Edited by singe

Running an investigation for a year and you expect them to blurt it all on one day? They are trying to run a business. They broke the MP expenses bit by bit, it's worth it if it means they can make money for revealing something important

Ha are you having a laugh? It's worth it if they can make some money happy days.

The MPs was fraud it can't be compared to Allardyce. Allardyce has lost his job because he was asked how to get round 3rd party owner ship and would he do a key note speech on it for 400k which he said yes but would have to run it by the FA.

3rd party ownership isn't banned by UK law it's not banned by UEAF it's not banned by FIFA, just the FA because they buggered up wiv Carlos Teves when he signed for West Ham and Sheffield UTD wanted to take the FA to court as that was the reason they got relegated that season not the other games they played crap in...so needed to save face. The rest of the world 3rd party ownership is fine and accepted its not something illegal or imoral or seedy, it's just businesses trying to make money like it's ok for the telegraph to do. On bungs which is illegal Sam quiet clearly calls the man an idiot and states I can't beleive you have just said that to me you stupid man. 30 years ago you could but you can't pay a player a manager or a CEO not a chance. And puts his face in his napkin in disbelief. I am struggling to see where the crime is.

Edited by OAFCinWolves

The MPs was fraud it can't be compared to Allardyce. Allardyce has lost his job because he was asked how to get round 3rd party owner ship and would he do a key note speech on it for 400k which he said yes but would have to run it by the FA.

3rd party ownership isn't banned by UK law it's not banned by UEAF it's not banned by FIFA, just the FA because they buggered up wiv Carlos Teves when he signed for West Ham and Sheffield UTD wanted to take the FA to court as that was the reason they got relegated that season not the other games they played crap in...so needed to save face. The rest of the world 3rd party ownership is fine and accepted its not something illegal or imoral or seedy, it's just businesses trying to make money like it's ok for the telegraph to do. On bungs which is illegal Sam quiet clearly calls the man an idiot and states I can't beleive you have just said that to me you stupid man. 30 years ago you could but you can't pay a player a manager or a CEO not a chance. And puts his face in his napkin in disbelief. I am struggling to see where the crime is.

I didn't compare it, I was merely pointing out on reply to someone that investigations are needed on politicians. Which the Telegraph did on 2009.

The point is not about crime, its about breaking rules.

Same as you have rules for your job, not all are criminal law.

Also if Allardyce was so innocent why did he not stay? At worst he could have stayed got sacked and claimed unfair dismissal.

It seems unlikely that Alardyce and in particular signings going to be revealed are going to fully declare and pay tax on them....

3rd party ownership is banned by FIFA, has been since May 2015.

Edited by singe

The Telegraph editor has tweeted it will be 8 current and former managers.

A couple of tweets after this list was posted and all comments

Bruce who was on match of the day commenting about Allardye.

Pardew

Hughes

Giggs

Pulis

Redknapp

Moyes

And many adding Fergiecascthe as the 8th

I'm sure there are people that would like to scale it down to a handful of individuals but as it goes on everywhere & in many different countries, I don't see much of a story. There are many football league clubs who sign a lot of players that belong to their favoured agent or agency. Ask yourself how that relationship works.

I didn't compare it, I was merely pointing out on reply to someone that investigations are needed on politicians. Which the Telegraph did on 2009.

The point is not about crime, its about breaking rules.

Same as you have rules for your job, not all are criminal law.

Also if Allardyce was so innocent why did he not stay? At worst he could have stayed got sacked and claimed unfair dismissal.

It seems unlikely that Alardyce and in particular signings going to be revealed are going to fully declare and pay tax on them....

3rd party ownership is banned by FIFA, has been since May 2015.

Sorry missed where fifa changed the rules last year but just Google it u are correct ...it does state though it's being challenged in court as the ban may be illegal.

Yes I have rules at work and yes I can sit there and talk about breaking them and I also so can suggest how other people could break them or get round them but I won't get sacked or have to resign because I won't have actually broken any rules....I'll have just talked about it...like Sam.

I think you have to be in your job 12months to claim unfair dismissal. Once the media want there person they usually get what they want

Edited by OAFCinWolves

The Telegraph editor has tweeted it will be 8 current and former managers.

A couple of tweets after this list was posted and all comments

Bruce who was on match of the day commenting about Allardye.

Pardew

Hughes

Giggs

Pulis

Redknapp

Moyes

And many adding Fergiecascthe as the 8th

Im not saying the list is inaccurate but it stems from a spoof website with some ridiculous stories (try searching civil unrest mag). The names changed a number of times on its own article and it has now disappeared. Eric black only appeared on its list when the news broke online last night. I think Stan Collymore has been sucked in.

Edited by nick1979