Commemorative stamp

• 2 months later...

I'm selling a few of these at the moment on the Exchange group on Facebook.

Have the following available if anyone wants them (£5 each):

Northwich FA Cup match in 1977, played at Maine Road

Littlewoods Cup Final 1990 v Forest

Oldham v United in 1974

FA Cup semi final and semi final replay in 1990 v Utd at Maine Road

A first day cover is a specially designed envelope, bearing newly issued postage stamps which were postmarked on the first day that those stamps were placed on sale by the Post Office.

The football covers are always associated with a special match rather than a new issue of stamps although many football covers have a number of different stamps on them as a full issue of stamps was usually used.

Football covers also include a insert card giving details of the reason for the cover.

Here is a list of the covers featuring Oldham Athletic (as I know of) - also as a completist I have tried to collect each cover with a different value stamp for each issue.

1974 Division 3 Champions - Oldham 1 Manchester United 0 - 3 1/2p, 4p, 4 1/2p + 1 1/2p charity stamp, 4 1/2p, 8p - 250 issued

1976/77 FA Cup Northwich Vics 1 Oldham 3 - 6 1/2p

1982 Burnley FC Centenary year - Burnley 1 Oldham 2 - 15 1/2p - 250 issued

1990 Littlewoods Cup SF - covers both legs v West Ham 6-0 & 0-3. - different scroers autographed and name printed on envelope - 19p owl stamp, 19p standard stamp - 201 issued

1990 FA Cup SF - Oldham 3 Man U 3 - 19p train,plane stamp, 19p ironbridge

1990 FA Cup SF Replay - Oldham 1 Man U 2 - 20p

1990 Littlewoods Cup Final - Oldham 0 NF 1 - 15p - Oldham postmarked

1990 Littlewoods Cup Final - Oldham 0 NF 1 - 20p - Wembley postmarked

1991 Return to Div 1 - Liverpool 2 Oldham 1 - 1st class (boot), 1st (eggs), 1st (bird), butterfly, 1st (mallard), 1st (rainbow)

1991 First home game in div 1 for 68 years - Oldham 3 Chelsea 0 - 10p owl, 22p dinosaur - 247 issued

1993 First Swindon game at home in premiership - Swindon 0 Oldham 1 - 24p gosling

1994 FA Cup SF - Oldham 1 Man Utd 1 - 1st rupert, 1st teacher, 1st tree, 1st dan dare

Edited by Museum de Latique

Guest nonaenever

I still have a pristine unopened can of J.W. Lees Wembley Lite - a pilsner lager brewed especially for the Littlewoods Cup final in 1990 - it's a gorgeous thing in Latics' colours, featuring the club crest at that time and the twin towers. Can't imagine what the lager inside would taste like now - some would say it was bad enough when fresh!

Bloody hell - was it really nearly 27 years ago?!

Guest nonaenever

You beat me to it - how weird!

Both posted Latics beers at the same time!

I wonder if our "vintage beers" might be worth as much as some of the vintage wines :detectivegm0:

Guest nonaenever

They are not beer, they are lager!

humble apologies - as a man partial to a few pints of dark mild myself - I should have known better !

I still have a pristine unopened can of J.W. Lees Wembley Lite - a pilsner lager brewed especially for the Littlewoods Cup final in 1990 - it's a gorgeous thing in Latics' colours, featuring the club crest at that time and the twin towers. Can't imagine what the lager inside would taste like now - some would say it was bad enough when fresh!

Bloody hell - was it really nearly 27 years ago?!

I have one of these as well, when we next get to Wenbley (in a proper competition) we should all get together under the the twin towers and down them in one(first to chunder donates a Tenner to player share)

I have one of these as well, when we next get to Wenbley (in a proper competition) we should all get together under the the twin towers and down them in one(first to chunder donates a Tenner to player share)

That's more likely to be one for the grandkids...!

I'm selling a few of these at the moment on the Exchange group on Facebook.

Have the following available if anyone wants them (£5 each):

Northwich FA Cup match in 1977, played at Maine Road

Littlewoods Cup Final 1990 v Forest

Oldham v United in 1974

FA Cup semi final and semi final replay in 1990 v Utd at Maine Road

Hi Alex, have you got a link, I couldn't find anything? Cheers