Guest nonaenever

Great offer by the club - well done!

Hope everyone spreads the word about this offer far and wide - would be nice to get a few hundred (very optimistic I know) extra on the gate for Scunny (and Brizzle)

Great offer by the club - well done!

Hope everyone spreads the word about this offer far and wide - would be nice to get a few hundred (very optimistic I know) extra on the gate for Scunny (and Brizzle)

It's a good offer. And I've told some people I think might be interested. But does the club really, honestly, push the offers enough when they do them? I've not heard it on Revolution Radio when I've listened this week (ok, I may have missed it if they have). They have an email system that accidentally emailed everyone last week....not seen a single email about this though. Stalybridge Celtic provide a poster for people to print off and stick up in their windows or wherever...it's not hard to do. Again...my biggest gripe about the way we market ourselves is that we have 3 main roads around the club and not a single advertisement about our next game or an offer like this.

It's not enough just to run an offer. It's a start...but 1 article on the O/S and 1 article in the Chron isn't good enough.

It's a good offer. And I've told some people I think might be interested. But does the club really, honestly, push the offers enough when they do them? I've not heard it on Revolution Radio when I've listened this week (ok, I may have missed it if they have). They have an email system that accidentally emailed everyone last week....not seen a single email about this though. Stalybridge Celtic provide a poster for people to print off and stick up in their windows or wherever...it's not hard to do. Again...my biggest gripe about the way we market ourselves is that we have 3 main roads around the club and not a single advertisement about our next game or an offer like this.

It's not enough just to run an offer. It's a start...but 1 article on the O/S and 1 article in the Chron isn't good enough.

It's a classic point. The last email I had from them was 1st October with "We're really sorry!" - I'm probably in the main category of fans they need to target with this. The former diehard that's been a bit disillusioned and only gone a handful of home matches last few years and none this season.

I think I'm actually away for one of them which makes it a slightly moot point but still. If my builder can afford to do a paid search campaign on Facebook and pick up some good business then why can't Latics do stuff like this to really stay in touch with the fans who might not go but still have a place in their heart for them?

Why should ST holders get a free ticket, they attended at a massively discounted price to start with and for the majority it's less than a tenner a game this season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bothered (I can't even go to the Scunny game as I'll be in Sweden). Just wondering as the wording isn't clear - shock!

Guest nonaenever

Agree - in my opinion marketing is poor. We should have a permanent billboard in Oldham, Royton, Shaw, Failsworth and Uppermill centres advertising our home games in plenty of time - with selected local pubs/commercial premises available as ticket outlets - with regular offers for fans - give away goodies for kids etc. We need to create a buzz and claim our town back as "Latics" not some red or sky blue suburb.

Agree - in my opinion marketing is poor. We should have a permanent billboard in Oldham, Royton, Shaw, Failsworth and Uppermill centres advertising our home games in plenty of time - with selected local pubs/commercial premises available as ticket outlets - with regular offers for fans - give away goodies for kids etc. We need to create a buzz and claim our town back as "Latics" not some red or sky blue suburb.

Not sure about Shaw.

They did try the pubs selling tickets thing a few seasons ago.

I assume it wasn't worth the effort.

Guest nonaenever

They did try the pubs selling tickets thing a few seasons ago.

I assume it wasn't worth the effort.

I didn't mean in isolation though; I meant as part of a long term marketing strategy. And let's be honest, the only way you'd buy a ticket for a Latics home game at the moment is if you were pissed out of your brain - so pub is about the only realistic outlet!