"Our performance was good and we dominated the game."

Guest nonaenever

Guest nonaenever

I`ve just caught up with a lot of posts on here - obviously reflecting the different opinions of people. My post title is a quote from our manager in the Chronicle last night. I`ll repeat it here just so you know you are not misreading it:-

Can anyone who witnessed the Bolton game honestly relate to that comment?! He said similar in the post match radio interview on Radio Manchester.

I'm sorry but this man must be on another planet to the rest of us - what bloody game was he watching? We were :censored:. Bolton cruised it in 3rd gear. I`m sick of hearing about Robinson's bloody "work ethic" - we simply do not look like winning many football matches. Some of us have now accepted that but please don't bloody insult us with your delusional comments.

Where the manager's assessments on a game come from I do not know. Perhaps he is obsessed with stats. Mr Robinson, can I suggest one day you remove yourself from the touchline - sit anonymously in a stand somewhere, sit back and just take in the crap you will witness. Then - give us your honest opinion.

I`ve already said I`ve handed my season ticket to a relative now as I`m having a break - that's very sad after over 40 years of loyal support but I can't put up with this bull:censored: from our manager et al any more.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's easy to say the "Oldham Nil" tagline aplenty but you still can score the odd screamer or have a bit of luck infront of goal. Or even a Bury own goal etc But I honestly never ever felt we would score in the whole 90 minutes. I rarely ever feel like that for the aforementioned reasons. Robbo is off his head if he thinks we dominated. And just sets off more alarm bells (which for me started ringing with his "should be bottom" comments.)

I just hope he knocks in a win in the next couple of games. Or we might just have the captain of the Titanic at the wheel "I see no iceberg here"

Edited by boundaryblue80

I`ve just caught up with a lot of posts on here - obviously reflecting the different opinions of people. My post title is a quote from our manager in the Chronicle last night. I`ll repeat it here just so you know you are not misreading it:-

Can anyone who witnessed the Bolton game honestly relate to that comment?! He said similar in the post match radio interview on Radio Manchester.

I'm sorry but this man must be on another planet to the rest of us - what bloody game was he watching? We were :censored:. Bolton cruised it in 3rd gear. I`m sick of hearing about Robinson's bloody "work ethic" - we simply do not look like winning many football matches. Some of us have now accepted that but please don't bloody insult us with your delusional comments.

Where the manager's assessments on a game come from I do not know. Perhaps he is obsessed with stats. Mr Robinson, can I suggest one day you remove yourself from the touchline - sit anonymously in a stand somewhere, sit back and just take in the crap you will witness. Then - give us your honest opinion.

I`ve already said I`ve handed my season ticket to a relative now as I`m having a break - that's very sad after over 40 years of loyal support but I can't put up with this bull:censored: from our manager et al any more.

Shock as manager tries to stay positive in the media after a defeat......

Guest nonaenever

Shock as manager tries to stay positive in the media after a defeat......

There's staying positive such as maybe saying "they were the better team but we gave them a fair run for their money" (still verging on a lie) but then there is being utterly stupid by saying we dominated a game in which we looked thoroughly like a relegation side.

He's coming across as a bit of a clown at present, I'm all for a bit of positive thinking but please don't have us for fools, We watched the same game and we had two shots on target and our keeper was the man of the match making two or three world class saves to make the scoreline respectable, we lost every battle on the pitch yet he doesn't see that - well that's very worrying.

Now I know you can't make silk purses out of pigs ears and I wasn't expecting a win but I did expect us to compete and put up a fight but we didn't.

We were poor and Green should have done better with his chance.I think the manager should apologise to out fans rather than dress it up for someting it was not.

Nah, you apologise to fans after a 7-0 mauling at MK Scum or getting spanked 4-0 by relegation fodder Hereford.

No need for an apology. Every need to say that wasn't good enough, the defending was shocking for their goals and it's time to stop talking the talk and start putting all this training time on defending set pieces etc. into practice out on the pitch. And if they don't do that...as they aren't doing...then stop saying in every interview they are good players and start saying they've got to learn and perform better.

Or...iceberg ahead!

Guest nonaenever

Nah, you apologise to fans after a 7-0 mauling at MK Scum or getting spanked 4-0 by relegation fodder Hereford.

No need for an apology.

To be fair I suspect Flemboy was referring to an apology simply because of the tremendous (in our circs) away following we took. They witnessed a poor performance and that will be the last 2,000 plus away following we get for a long time (doubt we'll take same to Dale tbh) - the fans aren't daft - me thinks Robbo thinks we are.

Ripley in the Chron:

"I know it's there. We need them to have the confidence to let one go on the edge of the box and find the top bin."

Like I said on another topic, I can count on one hand the number of times we touched the ball in the box on Saturday. Even this suggests our whole plan is to get to the end of the box and shoot. Part of the mindset. Fans are crying out for a fox in the box but what's the point? I've held off questioning Erwin and McKay too much coz I don't think we are playing a style to suit them whatsoever. Has to change!

Ripley in the Chron:

"I know it's there. We need them to have the confidence to let one go on the edge of the box and find the top bin."

Like I said on another topic, I can count on one hand the number of times we touched the ball in the box on Saturday. Even this suggests our whole plan is to get to the end of the box and shoot. Part of the mindset. Fans are crying out for a fox in the box but what's the point? I've held off questioning Erwin and McKay too much coz I don't think we are playing a style to suit them whatsoever. Has to change!

Erwin and Winchester are the only two who actually want to shoot. Most of the time the edge of the box is the furthest forward we can get.

We were poor and Green should have done better with his chance.I think the manager should apologise to out fans rather than dress it up for someting it was not.

Robinson's comments make him look stupid but you want him to apologise to the fans...?!

"We beaten by a better team on the day. We'll now look at what we need to work on for Tuesday." It's not that hard.

Guest nonaenever

I have a confession to make. Although having handed my season ticket to a family member after Bolton; I paid on the gate tonight. And am I glad I did!

Where did that come from? From about 10 minutes in there was only one side in it - Latics! We made Scunthorpe look ordinary and that WAS a genuine good performance. I have been very critical lately (and I think rightly so) but credit where it's due - I am still baffled as to what is going on and I`ve had a few beers with a friend afterwards - I need to wake up and still realise what happened is true!

Funny that Robinson underplayed what was a pretty exceptional performance - I wasn't there so am going off what's been said and simply the fact we beat the league leaders and top scorers to nil - after overplaying the Bolton one.

Maybe Robinson sees a longer-term plan for winning games in this division, different to us. Or maybe it's just talk...

Funny that Robinson underplayed what was a pretty exceptional performance - I wasn't there so am going off what's been said and simply the fact we beat the league leaders and top scorers to nil - after overplaying the Bolton one.

Maybe Robinson sees a longer-term plan for winning games in this division, different to us. Or maybe it's just talk...

Yeah it was. On the basis of his comments post Bolton I thought he was going to claim we were like Barcelona last night, but he really played it down.

'We had chances and opportunities'. Another 'we dominated the game'?

Did we actually have a single chance today? Agree with him that Mclaughlin made a difference when he came on but it was all territory and nothing more. Also glad he's fronted about the set-pieces issue. It's unsustainable to struggle to badly at them.

'We had chances and opportunities'. Another 'we dominated the game'?

Did we actually have a single chance today? Agree with him that Mclaughlin made a difference when he came on but it was all territory and nothing more. Also glad he's fronted about the set-pieces issue. It's unsustainable to struggle to badly at them.

We had a couple. Flynn's near the end. We'd have created substantially more had our final passes been better.