New ticket prices!

I think my appraisals are justified - this forum is littered with the most preposterous accusations and half-formed bar-room conspiracy theories. The fact that you think my pointedly impersonal posts are labeling the majority of you as :censored: just demonstrates the cyber-hostility I was trying to describe.

Another jumped up egotistical pretentious weirdo, smashing.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, there is no shortage of evidence of forward planning - aforementioned stand, scoreboard and ticket prices for example. I accept that the club have failed on many fronts over the last couple of years but it isn't for me to come on here wailing and gnashing my teeth with the benefit of hindsight. The appointing of rookie managers, for example, isn't a bad idea and the new stand, to my mind, is a fantastic asset and could still be a great revenue generator when completed.

Only Mr. Corney (I don't know this man from Adam, but still accord him the respect on here that I would should I meet him face to face) and his entourage are privy to the finer details concerning OAFC and it's finances. Anything we hear on here is rumour - so why even speculate on the supposed 24 million value put on the club? I'll tell you why - because on here we can dream up unbridled conspiracy theories without the worry of responsibility or reprimand and without the slightest regard for etiquette - and this is precisely the reason why the club are so circumspect when releasing information. Catch 22.

The scoreboard fund was failing and got moved to the trust.

The ticket offer is only 5 games, not a strategy.

The stand was £4m but then £6m and still isn't finished.

Your 3 examples are all flawed. SC is demonstrating his incompetence repeatedly.

First of all, Real has saved me a job with his reply. Except to say, the ticket offer was a kneejerk reaction to a fans survey that should've been done years ago (albeit an offer they rightly needed to do, but certainly not a strategic thought out, well marketed plan)

Secondly, anyone who has an opinion differing your own will be ill-informed or full of "bar" talk. It seems inconceivable to you (and some others) that there will actually be some informed people on the inner workings at the club and previous interested parties. I have heard rumours as we all have but I also know several connected people, one of whom represented a real interest in the club and sat down with our "leader". It went nowhere due to the price tag (of which the person I spoke with would not divulge - as I wouldn't expect him to.)

Finally, you mention the benefit of hindsight. That is possibly true of most people...however I was called a complete pessimist when before a brick was laid, I stated that we can build whatever we like...it will still be the same incompetents with the same agenda (Brassbank feeding OAFC scraps) and not much will change. When "our leader" first arrived at Boundary Park he made a very true, poignant statement that the club could not get by on just 23 matchdays a year and we needed to have a 365-day a year revenue stream. How true he was. How very far we are from that despite our shiny new stand!

There is no plan for OAFC. Hence why the club borrowed £241k off Necarcu when we struggled to pay the players last December. If you don't want to join the dots of the Season Ticket offer in March which appeared to be a get rich-quick scheme (to repay Necarcu) followed by a pre-season of starvation then that's up to you. The only plan is to avoiding relegation. While fans evaporate. Ever decreasing circles.

Edited by boundaryblue80