New ticket prices!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an idea. On the assumption that people want the club to improve why not get in touch by sending them something like

"I would like to receive your weekly email newsletter . Here's my email address. Please ensure that I'm on the mailing list. Thanks"

Here's an idea. On the assumption that people want the club to improve why not get in touch by sending them something like

"I would like to receive your weekly email newsletter . Here's my email address. Please ensure that I'm on the mailing list. Thanks"

Yeah, blame customers for not being contacted by a business. Good God you're not just sanguine about the decline, you actively deflect blame from the club. This is why people stop coming.

Yeah, blame customers for not being contacted by a business. Good God you're not just sanguine about the decline, you actively deflect blame from the club. This is why people stop coming.

Silly boy. There's clearly a problem and I was suggesting a partial solution .

Silly boy. There's clearly a problem and I was suggesting a partial solution .

Cut the patronising crap insults. People can't be expected to ask for something on the off chance it might happen. You protest just a bit too much on behalf of the club.

Papering over the cracks.

Guest nonaenever

Serious question - if it was free entry, would we fill the ground?

"Probably" "Maybe" ! - a few years ago it would have been "definitely" (celebration Sunday - thousands couldn't get in) - but we've sunk so low performance wise now that I`m not actually sure we would.

Cut the patronising crap insults. People can't be expected to ask for something on the off chance it might happen. You protest just a bit too much on behalf of the club.

Papering over the cracks.

Your comments remind me of a quotation from Thomas Paine ...

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead "

Night night

Your comments remind me of a quotation from Thomas Paine ...

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead "

Night night

That doesn't really fit. I gave a clear reason why I thought you'd missed the point. That you chose to ignore it shows that your quote fits you quite well - was it intended to be a self appraisal?

I'll type slowly for you real.

There's a clear problem with the club not contacting people who believe that Latics have missed their email addresses off the mailing list.

It will be better for them if the club rectifies this. It will also be better for the club. You still following?

How could this be done? Well , as I suggested, one way is for those affected to contact the club - that way there's little excuse for them being missed off in future, The onus is on the club.

Now do you understand?

I'll type slowly for you real.

There's a clear problem with the club not contacting people who believe that Latics have missed their email addresses off the mailing list.

It will be better for them if the club rectifies this. It will also be better for the club. You still following?

How could this be done? Well , as I suggested, one way is for those affected to contact the club - that way there's little excuse for them being missed off in future, The onus is on the club.

Now do you understand?

Again you're trying the patronising crap. Grow up.

Try this THE CLUB ALREADY HAVE THEIR EMAIL ADDRESSES

So, by your logic, the club are already at fault

Now do YOU understand?

And can you make a point without descending to school yard insults? And without wrapping your words up in mis-placed quotes like a beggar claiming the purpose of an emperor?

(sic)

Sorry to butt in on your little argument, but it is on topic.

I know a Latics fan, who lives down south and hasn't been to a game for a couple of years.

Hereceived an email from the club last week, noting that he hadn't bought a ticket for a while and asking him what might persuade him to start coming back again.

I'd say that's a fairly proactive move from the club.

Didn't we do a few matches at £2 that didn't sell out?

I can't imagine that price would attract many fewer than free.

I think they were at a fiver.

The £2 match was Carlisle on a Tuesday night I think and we got about 8,000 so that price dis attract far fewer than free did.

It'd be the same now I reckon - £2 would get about 6 to 7,000, if it was free we'd get a full house. Always.

Pretty much none of these people would come back on a regular basis though so I hope we never bother trying it again.

At the £2 game I had a father & son sat next to me who kept referring to the free Grimsby game several years earlier as "last time".