New ticket prices!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sensible move from the club, and a glimmer that fans' views may be taken into consideration more going forward.

Two 'issues' for me:

1. Season ticket holders get the raw deal - again.

2. Didn't many stop going when the gate prices went up to £20?

Raw deal?? I paid £200 for my season ticket wouldn't call that a raw deal? Works out at £8.60 a game!! Edited by adamoafc

Raw deal?? I paid £200 for my season ticket wouldn't call that a raw deal? Works out at £8.60 a game!!

Every promotion, reduction, etc. which impacts on matchday prices devalues the season ticket.

Yes - you are getting a bargain at £8 a game, but your saving on a match day has gone down £4 a game.

And don't forget those ST holders that didn't/couldn't take advantage of the promotion.

Not a ST holder, myself, but can see why ST holders get a bit miffed at times.

Edited by pinevillawill

A sensible move from the club, and a glimmer that fans' views may be taken into consideration more going forward.

Two 'issues' for me:

1. Season ticket holders get the raw deal - again.

I'm a season ticket holder and 1. couldn't give a flying :censored:, 2. am glad they're trying this

Every promotion, reduction, etc. which impacts on matchday prices devalues the season ticket.

Yes - you are getting a bargain at £8 a game, but your saving on a match day has gone down £4 a game.

And don't forget those ST holders that didn't/couldn't take advantage of the promotion.

Do we? I don't.

Or do people like you just get miffed on our behalf in order to moan by proxy?

Why would we get miffed when we're paying less than £9 a game?

I'm another season ticket holder thats not miffed by this at all. I get the benefit of my seat and a discount on matches over the season. I also get (rightly so) priority in any big games that come up.

I don't expect a team that wins every week but I do get pissed off If I feel the club aren't doing their best, every fan has that democratic right.

Do we? I don't.

Or do people like you just get miffed on our behalf in order to moan by proxy?

The intention wasn't to moan for moaning's sake. I didn't intend it to come across that way, if it did. I was just trying to make the point that mid season promotions and reductions devalue season tickets, regardless of how cheap you got it for.

A few seasons ago, I was a full paying adult season ticket holder. The club ran a promotion - a few games for not a lot of money. I can't remember all the details of the promotion, but what I can remember was Corney's promise of 'compensation' to season ticket holders - his words, not mine. Compensation which never arrived.

I, personally, haven't had a season ticket since. Why not? Not because I didn't get a free car air freshener or a Chaddy the Owl mug. But because I've realised you can attend the majority of games at a discounted rate by not being a season ticket holder. And if I can't go (or don't want to go) I'm not out of pocket.

It's only November and we've already had a buy one get one free promotion and a price drop on advance and gate tickets. Not to mention the discount for printing a ticket out at home.

I'm all for the drop in prices - £24 pay on the day was ridiculous - and I really do hope it gets a few fans, old and new, down to BP. But, if people are of the same mindset as me, promotions and reductions could impact on the number of people renewing season tickets.

Saying that, the core of season ticket holders would probably renew, regardless.

Edited by pinevillawill

I've had a season ticket now for 25 years in pretty much all of those seasons their has been offers on at discounted prices for certain games. Even in the good old days it was pretty normal for schools to be handed out free tickets.

Most of us season ticket holders are sensible enough to realise the club needs to run promotions and discounts every now and then to get bums on seats we accept this and in most cases encourage the club to do it.

It would only be an issue if they went to far the other way and decided to knock it down to £5 a game for the whole season after people had bought season tickets that would be taking the piss, this on the other hand is good offer for 5 games.

The intention wasn't to moan for moaning's sake. I didn't intend it to come across that way, if it did. I was just trying to make the point that mid season promotions and reductions devalue season tickets, regardless of how cheap you got it for.

A few seasons ago, I was a full paying adult season ticket holder. The club ran a promotion - a few games for not a lot of money. I can't remember all the details of the promotion, but what I can remember was Corney's promise of 'compensation' to season ticket holders - his words, not mine. Compensation which never arrived.

I, personally, haven't had a season ticket since. Why not? Not because I didn't get a free car air freshener or a Chaddy the Owl mug. But because I've realised you can attend the majority of games at a discounted rate by not being a season ticket holder. And if I can't go (or don't want to go) I'm not out of pocket.

It's only November and we've already had a buy one get one free promotion and a price drop on advance and gate tickets. Not to mention the discount for printing a ticket out at home.

I'm all for the drop in prices - £24 pay on the day was ridiculous - and I really do hope it gets a few fans, old and new, down to BP. But, if people are of the same mindset as me, promotions and reductions could impact on the number of people renewing season tickets.

Saying that, the core of season ticket holders would probably renew, regardless.

I think it was 3 games for £15 iirc ... with all the complaints the club eventually 'listened' and gave renewals a voucher to get the new home shirt for £20 .. a gesture at least, but alas as you say by then some had chosen not to part with their money! Edited by thetramdriver

You're over thinking it...

I've lived in Chadderton for 6-years. Not originally from or have any affinity with Oldham, but am a football fan and in general would say I want to support the local club as a consequence - am also fairly fed up with the ridiculous amounts of money and lack of any local players in the Premier League. I also have a 9-year old son who loves football. The price reduction is a good idea in so much as it would encourage me to go. However, I agree the promotion of it is poor - am only aware of the offer due to this forum - Oldham could do far more in the community, with schools and local football clubs - there should be signs around the town. Also and irrespective of this, my 9-year old lad is only likely to be interested if there is entertainment - lack of goals and the team generally not winning does not encourage him to go which basically means I do not attend as frequently either.

I've lived in Chadderton for 6-years. Not originally from or have any affinity with Oldham, but am a football fan and in general would say I want to support the local club as a consequence - am also fairly fed up with the ridiculous amounts of money and lack of any local players in the Premier League. I also have a 9-year old son who loves football. The price reduction is a good idea in so much as it would encourage me to go. However, I agree the promotion of it is poor - am only aware of the offer due to this forum - Oldham could do far more in the community, with schools and local football clubs - there should be signs around the town. Also and irrespective of this, my 9-year old lad is only likely to be interested if there is entertainment - lack of goals and the team generally not winning does not encourage him to go which basically means I do not attend as frequently either.

Are you going or not?

That speaks volumes.

To be fair, it has been promoted on the following - Twitter, Facebook, Oldham Chronicle, MEN - and that's just that I'm aware of. The club/Community Trust also do a HELL of a lot with local schools and teams. Really agree that we need signs across the town though.