New ticket prices!

Yes,the club have the email addresses but seem to have lost them ! Doh !

So let's put that right - remind it , request it, by getting in touch if anyone's has been lost .

How would you put matters right if not in this way?

But surely anyone inclined to bother doing that (probably someone reading this thread) would already be aware of any of the info likely to be emailed to them...

i.e. the club not emailing such people is not the problem

Edited by HarryBosch

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But surely anyone inclined to bother doing that (probably someone reading this thread) would already be aware of any of the info likely to be emailed to them...

i.e. the club not emailing such people is not the problem

Quite possibly - I was suggesting a way in which the club could build a more robust mailing list for the future and in response to some on here saying they hadn't been receiving emails. If the club can build its database to be as accurate and inclusive as possible then that has to be a good move. And it should help with relations with those supporters who aren't being kept in touch with.

Direct emailing has to be part of the club's communications mix , not just for newsletters but for any one off announcements. Must be good to have that mailing list as strong as possible ?

It'd be the same now I reckon - £2 would get about 6 to 7,000, if it was free we'd get a full house. Always.

Pretty much none of these people would come back on a regular basis though so I hope we never bother trying it again.

Yep, agree with that. There's no point making an offer which attracts people who'd never pay a sensible price.

£15 is probably a sensible price for the medium term given the state of the football. It won't draw a 1000 people back IMHO. That would need to be 3 games for £20 or something similar.

Saturday's attendance shows the product on the pitch is really the big issue. If the product on the pitch is so crap, people won't come no matter how cheap it is.

Wonder if the manager knows that prices have been reduced.

Bit of an embarrassment if your football's that bad they've made prices the cheapest in the division...

Ok, just wanted to know as I got the newsletter which doesn't specifically mention the new ticket prices but I didn't get anything else.

Yep, a specific email. At around 4pm on the Friday afternoon. 10 days after the 1st announcement of the new prices. 1 day before the 1st game it relates to. Better late than never I suppose but still..... :rolleyes:

Yep, a specific email. At around 4pm on the Friday afternoon. 10 days after the 1st announcement of the new prices. 1 day before the 1st game it relates to. Better late than never I suppose but still..... :rolleyes:

Or in my case "never".

I suppose I should email the club to point out that although they have my email address and use it for the newsletter, they aren't using it for others things. Perhaps the robust database is flawed from the start.

I'll type slowly for you real.

There's a clear problem with the club not contacting people who believe that Latics have missed their email addresses off the mailing list.

It will be better for them if the club rectifies this. It will also be better for the club. You still following?

How could this be done? Well , as I suggested, one way is for those affected to contact the club - that way there's little excuse for them being missed off in future, The onus is on the club.

Now do you understand?

The two posts above your original reply said they weren't aware that there was a weekly emai sent out by the clubl. So are you asking for fans to send an email the club, asking to be included in an email they didn't even know existed? It's a great idea.

The two posts above your original reply said they weren't aware that there was a weekly emai sent out by the clubl. So are you asking for fans to send an email the club, asking to be included in an email they didn't even know existed? It's a great idea.

Think about it . This forum is, amongst other things, a means of sharing information. As such the existence of a newsletter was shared with those two posters and probably with others . If they want to receive the newsletter in the future then requesting it seems to me to be a sensible approach. But hey it's not the end of the world if you disagree.

Think about it . This forum is, amongst other things, a means of sharing information. As such the existence of a newsletter was shared with those two posters and probably with others . If they want to receive the newsletter in the future then requesting it seems to me to be a sensible approach. But hey it's not the end of the world if you disagree.

It just confirms to me what I already knew that even basic advertising and marketing from our 'professional' football is practically non existent!!!

Sorry to butt in on your little argument, but it is on topic.

I know a Latics fan, who lives down south and hasn't been to a game for a couple of years.

Hereceived an email from the club last week, noting that he hadn't bought a ticket for a while and asking him what might persuade him to start coming back again.

I'd say that's a fairly proactive move from the club.

How would they know he hasn't been for a while?

How would they know he hasn't been for a while?

He always rang for tickets and had them delivered to his home address.

If they have CRM software, which I believe they do, there will be standard reports that can be run easily to identify customers who haven't ordered by this method for a specified time period.

Guest nonaenever

Sorry to butt in on your little argument, but it is on topic.

I know a Latics fan, who lives down south and hasn't been to a game for a couple of years.

Hereceived an email from the club last week, noting that he hadn't bought a ticket for a while and asking him what might persuade him to start coming back again.

I'd say that's a fairly proactive move from the club.

Bozman, I`m not being patronising here but your point illustrates what is wrong with Latics and many connected with them. They often cannot see the wood for the trees. You may think it's proactive from the club in contacting some "lone wolf" down south who hasn't apparently been for a couple of years. Meanwhile, we have around 2-3,000 local fans who have abandoned the club over the past few years!

There appears to be no "strategic view" whatsoever at Latics - just daft little initiatives here there and everywhere. Scoreboard is a classic example - who really gives a damn about a scoreboard when we have a club struggling in all sorts of other areas. But no, lots of well-meaning people puts lots of effort into an initiative as futile as a scoreboard and pat themselves on the back about the positive things they are doing. In business, it's called being busy fools - and it always results in abject failure.

Sorry to be so blunt but the club urgently needs a strategic review :-

A plan for the rest of this season

A 2 year plan

A 5 year plan

Once people can see a strategy with some reasonable stated aims, then they may just start to believe there's something worth supporting. At present we are at best, stagnant, and at worst fast turning into a toxic pond from which there will be no recovery.

Bozman, I`m not being patronising here but your point illustrates what is wrong with Latics and many connected with them. They often cannot see the wood for the trees. You may think it's proactive from the club in contacting some "lone wolf" down south who hasn't apparently been for a couple of years. Meanwhile, we have around 2-3,000 local fans who have abandoned the club over the past few years!

There appears to be no "strategic view" whatsoever at Latics - just daft little initiatives here there and everywhere. Scoreboard is a classic example - who really gives a damn about a scoreboard when we have a club struggling in all sorts of other areas. But no, lots of well-meaning people puts lots of effort into an initiative as futile as a scoreboard and pat themselves on the back about the positive things they are doing. In business, it's called being busy fools - and it always results in abject failure.

Sorry to be so blunt but the club urgently needs a strategic review :-

A plan for the rest of this season

A 2 year plan

A 5 year plan

Once people can see a strategy with some reasonable stated aims, then they may just start to believe there's something worth supporting. At present we are at best, stagnant, and at worst fast turning into a toxic pond from which there will be no recovery.

easier said than done